Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Combat vs. Health

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I hope oneday Hendrik and I will meet face to face. After all we are only 245 miles apart (4 hours driving distance). I do need to find a sparring partner badly in Shell Beach, California.
    there is nothing to gain from meeting those kind of people in real life. when you see them in real life you see how pathetic they are.

in real life either they will keep their head down and be ashamed, or they will try to hurt you by surprise.

if someone is weak and feels powerless in life, that is ok. if they train hard and keep a positive mind, in time they will have success. but people like hendrik wallow in their own weakness and powerlessness like a pig wallowing in its own feces.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    there is nothing to gain from meeting those kind of people in real life. when you see them in real life you see how pathetic they are.

in real life either they will keep their head down and be ashamed, or they will try to hurt you by surprise.

if someone is weak and feels powerless in life, that is ok. if they train hard and keep a positive mind, in time they will have success. but people like hendrik wallow in their own weakness and powerlessness like a pig wallowing in its own feces.
    Great opinion.

There are many things that bother me when discussing with Hendrik. He doesn't want to talk about "HIMSELF":

- I don't believe in clip. And no need to show anything.

but he keeps put "ME" down such as:

- You love to fantasy and mislead people. Hahaha.
    - You are totally nuts.
    - If you don't know, say don't know, instead of read something and playing imagination.
    - You don't know his engine means you don't inherit that part of his Kung fu.
    - You don't even has the basic.
    - you don't know ...
    - Mimic movement doesn't mean has the authentic king fu.
    - if you are a true Xing yi person, you won't ask this type of questions above.
    - but keeping on theories.
    - I know you have never mastering Shan ti shi and six harmony Jin. Your Clip shows.
    - didn't Chang Tung Shen taught you the basic?
    - you don't know the three types of joints handling of general internal art.
    - you are not a tcma internal guy, so, why play expert on something you don't know?

I hope oneday Hendrik and I will meet face to face. After all we are only 245 miles apart (4 hours driving distance). I do need to find a sparring partner badly in Shell Beach, California.

We certainly live in a different world.

You see, you claim to be a high generation Xing yi guy having the same lineage in Xing yi as me.

But then you don't know about the Kung fu from the Shan ti shi and six harmony Jin which is a core.

Then, you take Tangs writing out which is 1/3 of the story from somewhere trying to make that the ultimate teaching of xing yi. Why not you brought up how 半步崩拳 which is in the lineage is done. See if Tang theory fit in?

I expect the Xing yi guys from the same lineage of Xing yi has to know the basic above .

you trying to link Tangs saying with health and combat. That makes me extremely curious, do you do Xing yi? Or you just mimic postures like in the movie? And called that you know Xing yi and have a high generation ranking?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-20-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    A dollar says he's a chubby little pale kid in his mom's basement somewhere in Jersey.

2 dollars say he's a skinny as a post Asian dude with a crappy factory job and nothing has touched his genitals except his own hand for 25 years!

3 dollars says it's Gene.

4 dollars says it's Sanjuro Ronin

5 dollars says it's Dave Ross in alter ego mode.

These are the odds.
    Hendrick:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP3h8mEdFTg&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKWVO...feature=relmfu

Thumbs up

In response to the first post:

focus, focus and focus or foci.

If you are interested in practice for health, you would emphasize the health development aspects and drop fighting altogether.

If you are interested in practice for combat, you have to be healthy or fit first.

On top of that, you develop your fighting skills and tactics and strategy.

It is always a good idea to say

what you are doing or foci are.

Discuss accordingly.

Agreed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    We certainly live in a different world.

You see, you claim to be a high generation Xing yi guy having the same lineage in Xing yi as me.

But then you don't know about the Kung fu from the Shan ti shi and six harmony Jin which is a core.

Then, you take Tangs writing out which is 1/3 of the story from somewhere trying to make that the ultimate teaching of xing yi. Why not you brought up how 半步崩拳 which is in the lineage is done. See if Tang theory fit in?

I expect the Xing yi guys from the same lineage of Xing yi has to know the basic above .

you trying to link Tangs saying with health and combat. That makes me extremely curious, do you do Xing yi? Or you just mimic postures like in the movie? And called that you know Xing yi and have a high generation ranking?
    You don't want to talk about yourself but you keep talking about me. Why?

May I ask who your XingYi teacher is?

Why don't you put up your XingYi clip and let everybody in this forum to see how good you are in the XingYi system?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-20-2012 at 06:59 PM.

You don't want to talk about yourself but you keep talking about me. Why?

May I ask who your XingYi teacher is?

Why don't you put up your XingYi clip and let everybody in this forum to see how good you are in the XingYi system?

A,

I talk about your presentations of Xing Yi instead of you.

There is no different between a clip or a sentence, those who knows knows those who dont dont.

I posts link of my Sigung Ma li-Dang who is a representative of Xing Yi . I am not the GM. if others want to learn Xing Yi learn form Ma Li-Dang. not me.

What I have posts are just basic anyone who do Xing Yi expect to know.

B,

Since you practice

李洛能(Li Luo Neng) -> 郭雲深(Guo Yun Shen) -> 刘二彪子(Liu Erbiao) -> 常东昇(Chang Dong Sheng) ---> John Wang

lineage and have high level in generation ranking then me.

why are you using the following lineage information

李洛能(Li Luo Neng) -> 劉奇蘭(Liu Qilan) -------> 李存義(Li Cunyi) ------> 唐維祿(Tang Weilu) ------------> 李仲轩(Li Zhong Xuan)

of Tang Weilu's theory as reference for your Xing Yi system

intead of what was thought in 郭雲深(Guo Yun Shen) lineage?

Does make any sense for me. but may be you can explain why is that you dont use your own system but using googling theory for Xing Yi system from other lineage and doesnt recognize your own lineage teaching?

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...0&postcount=62
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-20-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Hendrik's method of discussion and martial arts training is, insult, duck, evade, redirect, ignore, then slink!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Hendrik's method of discussion and martial arts training is, insult, duck, evade, redirect, ignore, then slink!
    Great view!

Great view!
    Your opinion is worthless!

Of course my views are great!! Everyone can see that! No one needs you to state the obvious!

Having the obvious pointed out by a mental and emotional midget reeks of the need for attention. Supplying you with nurturing attention was your mommy's job, not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Your opinion is worthless!

Of course my views are great!! Everyone can see that! No one needs you to state the obvious!

Having the obvious pointed out by a mental and emotional midget reeks of the need for attention. Supplying you with nurturing attention was your mommy's job, not ours.
    Excellent !

Blog Entries
    why are you using the following lineage information

李洛能(Li Luo Neng) -> 劉奇蘭(Liu Qilan) -------> 李存義(Li Cunyi) ------> 唐維祿(Tang Weilu) ------------> 李仲轩(Li Zhong Xuan)

of Tang Weilu's theory as reference for your Xing Yi system

intead of what was thought in 郭雲深(Guo Yun Shen) lineage?
    You still have not make yourself clear about which part of 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s statement that you don't agree with.

My teacher had never taught me how to train XingTi for health. I'm also not interest in "XingYi for health". When I read 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s student's 李仲轩(Li Zhong Xuan)'s book (I read too),

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9801/xy0d.jpg

I was interest in his statement "The XingYi training and combat are different". In the past many years, I have believed that "training should be the same as fighting". I no longer train forms but drills. My solo drills are exactly the same as my fighting drills. I believe this way, I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. After I had seen 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s statement, I started to double check myself whether "To kill 2 birds with 1 stone" is still a good idea. Onething that I have found out is my new approach may not push myself hard enough.

Do I train as 唐維祿(Tang Weilu) suggested? No! My training is still with combat speed and combat force. I'll never slow down my training speed until I'm too old to move. Why did I present 唐維祿(Tang Weilu) method? Because he is one generation above me and I respect his opinion as far as the XingYi system is concern.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-21-2012 at 12:19 AM.

You still have not make yourself clear about which part of 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s statement that you don't agree with.

My teacher had never taught me how to train XingTi for health. I'm also not interest in "XingYi for health". When I read 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s student's 李仲轩(Li Zhong Xuan)'s book (I read too),

I was interest in his statement "The XingYi training and combat are different". In the past many years, I have believed that "training should be the same as fighting". I no longer train forms but drills. My solo drills are exactly the same as my fighting drills. I believe this way, I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. After I had seen 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s statement, I started to double check myself whether "To kill 2 birds with 1 stone" is still a good idea. Onething that I have found out is my new approach may not push myself hard enough.

Do I train as 唐維祿(Tang Weilu) suggested? No! My training is still with combat speed and combat force. I'll never slow down my training speed until I'm too old to move. Why did I present 唐維祿(Tang Weilu) method? Because he is one generation above me and I respect his opinion as far as the XingYi system is concern.
    Xing yi santi shi is for training. When in use, we are flexible. Santi may not be good to move about.

In Ba ji, we train square stances. But in use, there are no fixed stances.

No horse no bow stances. Bu gong bu ma.

Etc.

You still have not make yourself clear about which part of 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s statement that you don't agree with.-------

i have made it clear but you don't like the answer.

My teacher had never taught me how to train XingTi for health. I'm also not interest in "XingYi for health". --------

I am talking Shan ti shi and six harmony Jin which is the basic core of Guo lineage Xing yi you claim to have high rank in.

When I read 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s student's 李仲轩(Li Zhong Xuan)'s book (I read too),

I was interest in his statement "The XingYi training and combat are different". In the past many years, I have believed that "training should be the same as fighting". I no longer train forms but drills. My solo drills are exactly the same as my fighting drills. I believe this way, I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. After I had seen 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s statement, I started to double check myself whether "To kill 2 birds with 1 stone" is still a good idea. Onething that I have found out is my new approach may not push myself hard enough. --------------

That is because you don't know what you are training. And you have not develop Kung fu of xing yi in combat and internal strength with your traning. Otherwise you wouldn't get into doubting.

Do I train as 唐維祿(Tang Weilu) suggested? No! My training is still with combat speed and combat force. I'll never slow down my training speed until I'm too old to move. Why did I present 唐維祿(Tang Weilu) method? Because he is one generation above me and I respect his opinion as far as the XingYi system is concern.------

Why dont you find out what is the Guo lineage Xing yi core training before anything?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-21-2012 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    Xing yi santi shi is for training. When in use, we are flexible. Santi may not be good to move about.

In Ba ji, we train square stances. But in use, there are no fixed stances.

No horse no bow stances. Bu gong bu ma.

Etc.

In Guo linage , santi shi develop both combat , internal strength or six harmony jin, and health.

There are three types of striking result using different joints handling. If one has the Kung fu.
    There is the whip result, the bunker bomb result, the clear path bomb result.

Tang is only talking about whip result.

Guo's 半步崩拳打天下clearly shows the reality is not as simple as Tangs theory. That just shows John doesnt have the Kung fu develop. So he is confusing on what Tang says.

I am not trying to pick at John, but if he doesn't have the core basic of his lineage, I really don't know what he is traning in Xing yi. John using what he doesn't know to address the combat versus health is just misleading the public. He is not a Xing yi guy but an amateur without Xing yi 真傳 by evidence. so how can he make all kinds of Xing yi saying on Xing yi combat and health?

As the following,

*** 三体式

*** 此为行意拳之桩法。行意为内家拳,相传始自岳武穆,有可考者则为清代山西省戴龙邦。河北省深县李洛能先生师 侍戴先生得到行意拳之真谛,与人较技,不论技术之高深无不应声而倒,所以人称“神拳李老农”,在武术技击方 面大放异彩,故后人有内家拳之称。李先生传郭云深、刘奇兰、车毅斋、宋世德、张林德、宋世荣、白西园等十数 人。郭云深传刘纬祥先生,

余动年师侍张占魁先生,站桩未下功夫,30年代从刘先生后,与同学谢一飞、刘书琴等较技辄败北 ,

先生笑日:练拳不站桩,吃饭没有仓,三劈不如一站,站桩是行意拳的基本功,你要从头学起。

从此我才下功夫练站桩。秦重三编《气功疗法》中的“三合式”,王芗斋编的《大成拳》都脱胎于此 。

Combat , internal power, internal strength , and health. All in one, read the following.

http://www.chinaqigong.net/mltyqg/yqg/zg/gf/sts.htm
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-21-2012 at 04:49 AM.