Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
You still have not make yourself clear about which part of 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s statement that you don't agree with.

My teacher had never taught me how to train XingTi for health. I'm also not interest in "XingYi for health". When I read 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s student's 李仲轩(Li Zhong Xuan)'s book (I read too),

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9801/xy0d.jpg

I was interest in his statement "The XingYi training and combat are different". In the past many years, I have believed that "training should be the same as fighting". I no longer train forms but drills. My solo drills are exactly the same as my fighting drills. I believe this way, I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. After I had seen 唐維祿(Tang Weilu)'s statement, I started to double check myself whether "To kill 2 birds with 1 stone" is still a good idea. Onething that I have found out is my new approach may not push myself hard enough.

Do I train as 唐維祿(Tang Weilu) suggested? No! My training is still with combat speed and combat force. I'll never slow down my training speed until I'm too old to move. Why did I present 唐維祿(Tang Weilu) method? Because he is one generation above me and I respect his opinion as far as the XingYi system is concern.
Xing yi santi shi is for training. When in use, we are flexible. Santi may not be good to move about.

In Ba ji, we train square stances. But in use, there are no fixed stances.

No horse no bow stances. Bu gong bu ma.

Etc.