Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Orr Wing Chun Question's 7 - Angles and Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Ving Tsun is a skill and mind set, not an art !

Art is subjective and led to the fiasco we have at the moment. I have met a lot of 'VT artists' They engage in chi-sao war with you and do okay, then when we spar it falls apart like a bad lie.
    I train in the martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    I train in martial skills

chances are ... you will not answer my questions again.

He would be the first to say he's not a great wrestler. He is better that most. Anyway again you waste on word play. The point was not even about that - it was an example that he had learn something via hard work but only got better when he learnt a deep understanding of movement.

You seem to just what to be negative towards me all the time. You always jump on my posts and waste people's time with your pointless comments.
    That's because I fundamentally disagree with most of what you say and also your superior attitude.

So this guy wasn't a good wrestler but was merely better than average in the UK, one of the worst countries in the world for wrestling. Great. What does this tell us about the physical experiential training method vs the magical mystery method promoted by Hendrik and yourself? Precisely nothing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I do semiconductor chip architecture designed,
    What's the difference between a "scholar" and a "fighter"?

- When a scholar takes a 10 questions exam, he starts from Q1, Q2, ... If he has problem with Q3, he can skip it, go to Q4, Q5, ... After he has finished Q10, he then go back to Q3. He will have 2 hours to answer any questions in any order.

- When a fighter meets an opponent who stabs a dagger at his chest, he only has 1/2 second to make a right decision.

As far as combat is concern, knowing how to do it in your brain (scholar) is not enough. You have to be able to do it on your body (fighter). To be able to do 60% on your body may be more valuable than to be able to know 80% in your brain.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-25-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Knowing how to do it in your brain (scholar) is not enough. You have to be able to do it on your body (fighter). This is why, as far as combat is concern, to be able to do 60% on your body may be more valuable than to be able to know 80% in your brain.
    Very true. Nobody ever learned to fight by reading about it

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Unfortunately hard work and sweat is over rated, you will never advance much.

I look at hard sparring as taking a test, you don't improve much, you just find out where you are in application. Taking test over and over will not help much, finding out why you are wrong and correcting that will advance you.

How you learn the correction is key to using it.

In WC like most other arts, a high level is not learned from practicing patty cake with each other, it is found from changing inside to out, a transformation that does not come from hard sparing, but needs to be found first, then used.

Cheers

And thats why so many WC guys get their a*#*s handed to them on a plate

And would you train Martial Arts, with an eye for combat, under Hendrik Alan?

Or would you send one of your guys that fights to get training of Hendrik?

I totally agree with this.
    How would yoo know.... you dont do this??

Why dont you start your own training group???

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    And would you train Martial Arts, with an eye for combat, under Hendrik Alan?

Or would you send one of your guys that fights to get training of Hendrik?

Don't you know sifu Robert Chu and I are kungfu brothers in internal art?

Don't you know sifu Robert Chu and I are brothers ?
    What does that have to do with the question?

What does that have to do with the question?
    Robert knows what I know. There is no need for your hypothetical question to Alan.

Robert knows what I know. There is no need for your hypothetical question to Alan.
    Ill ask what i like you clown

Oh, i noticed your late edit where you added "internal"... that make you feel all special?

Oh, and id suggest "hypothetical" is not a word you throw around to much.

Glass house , throwing stones....

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    Perhaps a bickering thread would be usefull. With Luk Dim Bo Gwun Corked on one end availible for poking . This kind of back and forth is very distracting for those of us trying to learn. It doesn't have much to do with the thread or even what is the critic. I've noticed that very often, those that start these things disappear quickly, leaving others in pointless ongoingbattle while giggling in their arm chairs.
    Practical advice:

Test what one has learned/trained. Don't wake up years later to realize one had wasted valuable time chasing a fantasy.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Oh, and id suggest "hypothetical" is not a word you throw around to much.

Glass house , throwing stones....

You know, you hate me so much just because I commented TST demo. And since then keep trying to do everything to prove me wrong and I don't know what I am talking about. Hahaha