Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sparring Invitation

Sparring Invitation

We are looking for a small group (5 to 10) willing to have a "Friendship Exchange". This is a meeting to have a full contact sparring session based on the rules to be provided.

Our sparring sessions are designed to allow students to express their skills in the safest environment. We are not interested in tournament sparring or simply scoring points. The session is NOT a cardio workout. Our purpose is to provide our guys with the experience of people they do not know with a style and techniques they are not familiar with. It is completely meant to be a learning experience, for both sides, solely for the benefit of the individuals. It is in any way, shape, or form any proof of superiority of a style, school, or teacher. Students will be protected in the best manner possible against injury.

We are in the Philadelphia area. We can travel to the NYC, NJ, DE, or Maryland areas. Otherwise you are welcome to travel to us. If you are interested. please email sifuj@aol.com.
    Moy Yat Kung Fu - Martial Intelligence

my dad lives in hatboro... what non-co-incidence... check yer email.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindley View Post
    We are looking for a small group (5 to 10) willing to have a "Friendship Exchange". This is a meeting to have a full contact sparring session based on the rules to be provided.

Our sparring sessions are designed to allow students to express their skills in the safest environment. We are not interested in tournament sparring or simply scoring points. The session is NOT a cardio workout. Our purpose is to provide our guys with the experience of people they do not know with a style and techniques they are not familiar with. It is completely meant to be a learning experience, for both sides, solely for the benefit of the individuals. It is in any way, shape, or form any proof of superiority of a style, school, or teacher. Students will be protected in the best manner possible against injury.

We are in the Philadelphia area. We can travel to the NYC, NJ, DE, or Maryland areas. Otherwise you are welcome to travel to us. If you are interested. please email sifuj@aol.com.
    We have people who'd be interested in South Jersey and in NYC. I'll PM you my email addy.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

If anyone will be near Chicago to spar hit me up....

I do a wed eve class at the same place Redmond sifu does his class, if wed works your welcome to come and mix it up.
    kev

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    If anyone will be near Chicago to spar hit me up....
    Are you located in Chi Chicago...What Lineage of Wing Chun is taught there?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

I PM'd my email and haven't heard from you yet.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    I do a wed eve class at the same place Redmond sifu does his class, if wed works your welcome to come and mix it up.
    kev
    And I'm a the same place every Sat. from 3:30pm to 5:30pm
    64 E. 4th St. 4th floor NYC. I'm also in Mt Laurel, NJ which is a lot closer to Philly.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    And I'm a the same place every Sat. from 3:30pm to 5:30pm
    64 E. 4th St. 4th floor NYC. I'm also in Mt Laurel, NJ which is a lot closer to Philly.
    Phil,

I would like to get together next time I am in town. Looking to be around Christmas or New Years. Winner buys lunch so I guess you will be winning

I have a big appetite and I haven't had a Cheesesteak in a while so make sure to bring your wallet
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Are you located in Chi Chicago...What Lineage of Wing Chun is taught there?
    My Sifu's lineage comes originally from Steve Lee Swift and later Augustine Fong.
    www.mukjong.com whough thats a rather old webpage.

There is another guy that comes from WSL's lineage in Hong Kong plus a few others but not too many more than that out here when it comes to Wing Chun anyways.

My Sifu's lineage comes originally from Steve Lee Swift and later Augustine Fong.
    www.mukjong.com whough thats a rather old webpage.

There is another guy that comes from WSL's lineage in Hong Kong plus a few others but not too many more than that out here when it comes to Wing Chun anyways.
    how did you like steve swifts wing chun...how much did he actually teach you...

Did you take his private lessons to learn more?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Sifu Redmond,

I have not received any information from you.

thanks
    Moy Yat Kung Fu - Martial Intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    how did you like steve swifts wing chun...how much did he actually teach you...

Did you take his private lessons to learn more?
    Well before when I trained with my Sifu I got into the second form and the begining of the dummy set. Then I took a 10 year break from Wing Chun and came back though he no longer has an actual gym but he teaches out of his garage so it is almost privates/ semiprivates now and he has added some modifications/refinements from Augustine Fong..... I like what I learn there thats for sure.

Well before when I trained with my Sifu I got into the second form and the begining of the dummy set. Then I took a 10 year break from Wing Chun and came back though he no longer has an actual gym but he teaches out of his garage so it is almost privates/ semiprivates now and he has added some modifications/refinements from Augustine Fong..... I like what I learn there thats for sure.
    oh great sounds really cool...what modification and refinements did he add?

Sifu Redmond,

I have not received any information from you.

thanks
    I PM'd you my personal email addy. But you can email me at sifu@wckwoon.com.
    Are you a student of my friend Sifu Pajil? I'm going to meet with him in Philly this Monday.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr