Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

when you're on your own, you'll probably benefit much more (at least at the beginning) from shadowboxing in the mirror than actually hitting something.
    so i wouldn't stress over the heavybag situation
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    when you're on your own, you'll probably benefit much more (at least at the beginning) from shadowboxing in the mirror than actually hitting something.
    so i wouldn't stress over the heavybag situation
    I started working with my speed bag again last night, and wow am I outta rhythm on it...

Come to think of it, I've never really tried to absolutely kill that wavemaster.... just really used it for something to make contact with. I was more interested with speed and accuracy than power when I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Indeed, street fighting is not a sport.
    The street may look like it's just laying there, but its plotting, it thrives on people walking all over it, until it decides its time to strike !!

Boxing:

can somebody explain to me why promoters have given up on the pacquiao and mayweather fight that EVERYONE wants to see...???

is this mayweather being himself? a selfish immature douchebag???

like, either his ego is making this impossible or is he acting so egotistical about it becaused hes actually scared???

or is it pacmans camp thats fukcing this up???

Mayweather is a douche with an impending assault trial. Pacman is heading into politics back in the PI and probably will be out of the game by time Mayweather's legal issues are dealt with (assuming he's innocent).

the douchery is known and i knew he had a trial soon but i didnt understand why that makes it so he cant be sanctioned... is it cause its assault??? if it was a DUI or a theft would the scenario be different??? so mayweather cant fight cause of this, PERIOD???

The preliminary hearing is set for 24 Jan. Additionally his uncle (trainer) is also awaiting an assault trial due sometime in Jan. Mayweather is out on bail. Depending on the stipulations he may not even be able to leave a certain radius from his home town.

So promoters have to pick a venue that will hold the draw that fight would bring, they have to then wait for it to even be available and then hope that Floyd isn't convicted. You think they're going to drop their money to start reserving a site and promoting the fight only to have it shot down in the case of prison time? And they certainly aren't going to have em fight in the next month and a half.

Promoters aren't going to set up a fight until after they know Floyd's future esp given his history of this type of behavior (this isn't the first time he's been accused of assaulting a girlfriend). By that time Pac is also supposed to be making his way into politics back home. And I don't see him half assing his training for such a big fight while part timing government.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    By that time Pac is also supposed to be making his way into politics back home. And I don't see him half assing his training for such a big fight while part timing government.
    Pacquiao was sworn into congress in the Philippines before he started training for the Margacheato bout. During the first half of training camp in the Philipines, on more than one occasion he was interrupted while working the pads with Roach for government business.

Roach and his S&C coach were not very happy about the distraction and felt Pacman wasn't going into the fight 100%.

Great fight though.

Personally I think it is possible part of it was a plow to bait Money.

If it doesn't happen there isn't much else for Pacman and he'll probably retire.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Pacquiao was sworn into congress in the Philippines before he started training for the Margacheato bout. During the first half of training camp in the Philipines, on more than one occasion he was interrupted while working the pads with Roach for government business.

Roach and his S&C coach were not very happy about the distraction and felt Pacman wasn't going into the fight 100%.

Great fight though.

Personally I think it is possible part of it was a plow to bait Money.

If it doesn't happen there isn't much else for Pacman and he'll probably retire.
    Oh I didn't know he had already sworn in and assumed duties. All the more reason though that this fight likely won't happen. Personally I think Mayweather had no intention of fighting anyways and was probably just buying time for Pac to leave.

mayweather thanking his lucky stars he was able to fully dodge the pacman, just like those **** blinking ghosts....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Personally I think Mayweather had no intention of fighting anyways and was probably just buying time for Pac to leave.
    I maintain hope. With so much money involved at some point Mayweather will acquiesce. Especially considering his tax liens and forthcoming legal fees.

Even if he is convicted, I bet they can find a judge to issue some sort of exemption.

If Texas let Margacheato fight they'll definitely sign off on Mayweather/Pacquaio.

He's definitely scared. I think him, his father and uncle are trying desperately to maintain that undefeated record. His reputation for ducking able challengers and fighting chumps is not undeserved.

The shoulder roll is ineffective against south paws, especially one with as much speed and such an unorthodox punching ability as Pacman.

I do think it will be Pacquiao's greatest challenge, there is no denying Mayweather's abilities.

The preliminary hearing is set for 24 Jan. Additionally his uncle (trainer) is also awaiting an assault trial due sometime in Jan. Mayweather is out on bail. Depending on the stipulations he may not even be able to leave a certain radius from his home town.

So promoters have to pick a venue that will hold the draw that fight would bring, they have to then wait for it to even be available and then hope that Floyd isn't convicted. You think they're going to drop their money to start reserving a site and promoting the fight only to have it shot down in the case of prison time? And they certainly aren't going to have em fight in the next month and a half.

Promoters aren't going to set up a fight until after they know Floyd's future esp given his history of this type of behavior (this isn't the first time he's been accused of assaulting a girlfriend). By that time Pac is also supposed to be making his way into politics back home. And I don't see him half assing his training for such a big fight while part timing government.
    fair enough... but if he does time, it wont be any more than ten minutes... kid has short timer written across his forehead...

mayweather is such a twitt... im dying to see anyone hurt the guy... maybe hell get thrown into GP and meet the bad end of a toothbrush... hopefully hes in full swing when it happens... we can all dream right... as far as im concerned hes a waste of skin... so unfortunate that a talent like that manifests itself in such a b!tch...

so whos next then??? JMM???

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    mayweather is such a twitt... im dying to see anyone hurt the guy... maybe hell get thrown into GP and meet the bad end of a toothbrush... hopefully hes in full swing when it happens... we can all dream right... as far as im concerned hes a waste of skin... so unfortunate that a talent like that manifests itself in such a b!tch...
    A lot of it is ring personality, to increase his fame, which has worked out as a brilliant business strategy. Maybe he really is like that, maybe not, but none of us know him personally, so who knows. I think Pacquiao is pretty bad himself... He's very diva-ish lately and in the last few 24/7's you can see how irritated Roach and Ariza have gotten with him, and how disrespectful he's become to them now that he's crazy famous and has Michael Koncz to worship him.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    so whos next then??? JMM???
    Mosley. They don't want a JMM fight because of what happened in the first two JMM fights. The fight is practically signed with Mosley.