I have a query about TWC, having trained in it quite briefly, I may have some concepts wrong (fault of the instructor, not mine then). The footwork primarily places the weight on the ball of the foot, as opposed to the heel in the majority of other Yip Man systems, correct? Please can you consider this situation:

A small TWC practitioner, in fact, let's go as far to say a small female TWC practitioner, faces a strong male aggressor. Against a simple cross, the TWC practitioner steps to the outside with tan da and throws a flurry of chain punches to follow up...simple enough in the air and compliant feeding in practice...right?

My problem is that the small, female TWC practitioner, moving on the balls of her feet, relies mainly on pure arm strength in the strikes, and I really don't believe that she can deal enough damage without having rooted her stance, using her heels to add her bodyweight to the strikes. This is in my brief experience in TWC, and perhaps the students I practiced with were doing it entirely wrong and badly, I don't know...but if small weak girls are being taught this as self-defence, I am not convinced they have enough stopping power, can you elaborate if there is considerably more connection between the arms and the legs than I have experienced?

I can appreciate strong guys being able to knock me out...but not small girls/weak guys.