Asking amateurs, but especially regular students, to fight no gear is stupid (oh, got to be nice, "silly" ok?)

Want to fight no gear and blood and guts? PAY US. That's the way pro's fight

Quote Originally Posted by YiLiQuan1 View Post

lkfmdc - I normally agree with your opinions and perspectives, 90% or more. This time, though, I have to say I don't appreciate your attitude toward my teacher. You don't know him, you don't know his motives. You're basing your responses on the comments of a person who, in all likelihood, is pursuing his own agenda against my teacher, his school, and/or his students. I'm not asking for apologies, just a little consideration in the future. The old man has done his time, punched his card, and earned a little respect. He fought in tournaments "back in the day" when a "point" fight usually left a little of someone's blood on the floor. Hell, even when I started the point tournaments were only a hair shy of full contact... Not UFC or K-1 level, to be sure, but they were pretty rough nonetheless.

Have to get ready for work. More later...
Actually, this is the same Starr who took over the AAU Chinese martial arts program, took it away from the Kyokushinkai guy who did nothing with it, yes? Ken Lo and I were asked by Starr to set up the AAU in NY. We tired but failed because of the way he ran it.... I disinctly remember instructions to write rules and run events so no one who wasn't a "kung fu person" could enter the fighting divisions. If kung fu really is a superior method, why worry about who enters the fighting divisions? Then I remember the "style points" we were supposed to award a guy who "fought like kung fu", ie you could get your butt beat up but if you looked "like kung fu" you were supposed to win?

NOTHING PERSONAL, nothing personal at all, I just don't agree with his vision