View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 369 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469869 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Nards View Post
    This has probably already been asked in this same thread, and if not, probably another SD thread, but I'm not going through all 1500 posts looking for it. Anyway, does anyone have an explanation for Sin The's claim that he is "the only person in 1500 years to be honored with two monuments at the Shaolin Temple" (page 12 under: http://www.shaolingrandmaster.com/biography.html)?

Now obviously, my typical explanation would be that Sin The is completely full of sh!t because, well, he is, but he actually does have photos of him at Shaolin next to a monument where he appears being honored.
    Sigh, as has been explained a million times, you get honored there for buying a monument, that you have erected there to commemorate your visit, if you are a teacher. Many US, European, and Japanese schools also have monuments that they bought, esp karate schools. I can get one if I wanted to, as can others.
    Shaolin doesn't officially recognize you and then give you a monument and ceremony, they let you buy a monument that you have inscribed to commemorate your school's visit. Many have done so, none have bragged about it and made it look like it was something else than it really was (a way for Shaolin to make extra money).

Check the USSD SITE KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Ah ok. Well no suprise there. So what do these monuments actually say on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nards View Post
    Ah ok. Well no suprise there. So what do these monuments actually say on them?
    Theirs says something like

"Masters David and Sharon Soard paid tribute to the Shaolin Temple in 1990 and again in 1992 accompained with GrandMaster Sin Kwang The."

From what I understand, it has a little bit more mentioning Master Sin on the other side, but his name is small and after David and Sharon's name.

So, it's more about the Soards that Sin, anyway. What a classy way to honor your teacher.

All that being said it sounds to have about as much class as these Park Benches dedicated to "Whoever". Or, since the Soards use this to promote their business, the grace of "Pepsi" Center!

They were donated the tablet and paid to get a better, bigger, nicer version.

I wasn't there so yes it is technically hearsay.

Does your sensei teach Shao-lin Shuriken techniques?

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu View Post
    They were donated the tablet and paid to get a better, bigger, nicer version.

I wasn't there so yes it is technically hearsay.
    WRONG! More Soard's BS!

Trust me I already know. Just adding the version I heard from.........well yeah.

It was the second version I had heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    Does your sensei teach Shao-lin Shuriken techniques?
    This guy doesn't give up, does he?

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Pao View Post
    This guy doesn't give up, does he?
    Is that performed by the legendary shin-jas?

Hey everybody just stopped in to say hey...hope all is well!!
    JP & KC....how are the little ones
    BQ

Lukas is great he performing Quantum Mechanic equations and his little sister Madelyn is doing some Geometry pretty good for 2,5 years and 5 months KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Lukas is great he performing Quantum Mechanic equations and his little sister Madelyn is doing some Geometry pretty good for 2,5 years and 5 months KC

Hey what do you guys think of ussd claim of teaching shaolin?
    www.ussd.com

Are they a big joke at the temple?

They dont teach any shaolin forms at all at any of their schools, so how can they call their art is shaolin?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Long story short....the Soards paid $2,000 to have it erected and then told everyone it was donated.

USSD PAID for a tablit to in 03 but they dont even teach shaolin