Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
I trained longfist once upon a time. there is no reason why a longfist guy could not hold his own. I train with mma guys now, and they aren't always great strikers. Some are more grapling oriented. Longfist has the equivalent of basic boxing punches - they have to train them in a way conducive to fighting. heavy bag, focus mitts, plenty of combinations, etc. MasterKiller also went from longfist to mma and has said that he had no issues keep up with them from a striking perspective, but he was lost on the ground. Now, a pure boxer would likely destroy the longfist guy, but that's a different matter.
Good point.
The highly trained Western Boxer does posses the superior punch...but only with Boxing Gloves..( remember Mike Tyson and Mitc Green's Fist fight outside a Nightclub? Tyson almost knocked his eye out of its socket...BUT...fractured his hand doing it)

Nah, different rules, different ruleset. Tito is awesome on the ground, but is a horrible striker. Also, in kyokushin, you can't punch to the face, nor can you grapple. There are also some very good kyokushin guys in K-1. mma fighter georges st. pierre trained kyokushinkai for 10 years, then started bjj.
[b] I agree ..Tito isnt a great striker...and K-1 and Pride Fightiing have some tough Hombres...but...until some of them trained almost exclusively for the UFC...they were soundly defeated by the more well rounded UFC Fighters.
Maybe you have some names of kyokushin, K-I, Pride Fighters, etc... who have won the UCF.

Incidently..the Clip I posted showed kyokushin fighters striking hard to the head
was that an old clip? The Xia informed me in his earlier posts that headstrikes were not allowed in kyokushin ..maybe I misunderstood..
he said You mention Kyokushin Karate. They have a lot of tough fighters. The rule against headshots wasn't there in the past but that's beside the point. If you think that a good Kyokushin fighter can't throw a solid punch to the head because of that rule then I don't think you really know what Kyokushin is about.

JDK