View Poll Results: which is more ridiculas/crazy

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Falun Gong

6 54.55%
  • Mantak Chia's hippies

5 45.45%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Which/Who is worse or more ridiculas?

Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Quote Originally Posted by Juna View Post
    You ingore facts and that is libeling
    OK, what facts am I ignoring? I've pretty much addressed all the insulting little comments as well as the fantastic claims you've directed to me. Make a list if you'd like, I'll provide a rebuttal for each point you or Li cares to make.

I've been studying Chinese martial arts and nei kung for 22 years now, and have been teaching nei kung for rehab in hospitals for 10 years, while explaining, clearly and cogently, why what I teach works to help people. Most doctors aren't idiots, and I have to address their skepticism directly and convincingly, and I do. No magic spells, no Fa-rectigfication, no moralistic babble; just clear demonstration of a mechanism for improving health. I also lecture 4th year medical students on (surprise, surprise) how they can tell if they are dealing with New Age frauds or Asian qigong or taiji cults like Falungong, Dahn Yoga, Mantak Chia, Suma Ching Hai, Reiki, etc. (the list goes on and on). I know my way around an academic discussion.

Libel, on the other hand, is a legal issue, defamation, and is defined legally as something actionable. No legal judgement, no actual libel. Libel is defined after the fact. If anything, I am addressing Li Hongzhi's inaccurate criticisms of Taijiquan, which the Chinese government has decided is libel (at least) on Li's part.

So there you have it. Your missionary activities on behalf of the demonstrable lunatic and coward Li Hongzhi have netted you zero converts and a reputation as a bit of an idiot here, at least. You should consider whether you are in fact damaging Falungong publicly by persisting where you aren't welcome?

Quote Originally Posted by scholar View Post
    I also lecture 4th year medical students on (surprise, surprise) how they can tell if they are dealing with New Age frauds or Asian qigong or taiji cults like Falungong, Dahn Yoga, Mantak Chia
    Chia runs a cult? Please explain.
    Always learning

Quote Originally Posted by jon View Post
    As a ccp's lover, you have done enough to be at the side of evil.

The 55-year history of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is written with blood and lies. The stories behind this bloody history are both extremely tragic and rarely known. Under the rule of the CCP, 60 to 80 million innocent Chinese people have been killed, leaving their broken families behind. Many people wonder why the CCP kills. While the CCP continues its brutal persecution of Falun Gong practitioners and recently suppressed protesting crowds in Hanyuan with gunshots, people wonder whether they will ever see the day when the CCP will learn to speak with words rather than guns.

Mao Zedong summarized the purpose of the Cultural Revolution, "…after the chaos the world reaches peace, but in 7 or 8 years, the chaos needs to happen again." [1] In other words, there should be a political revolution every 7 or 8 years and a crowd of people needs to be killed every 7 or 8 years.

A supporting ideology and practical requirements lie behind the CCP's slaughters.

Ideologically, the CCP believes in the "dictatorship of the proletariat" and "continuous revolution under the dictatorship of the proletariat." Therefore, after the CCP took over China, it killed the landowners to resolve problems with production relationships in rural areas. It killed the capitalists to reach the goal of commercial and industrial reform and solve the production relationships in the cities. After these two classes were eliminated, the problems related to the economic base were basically solved. Similarly, solving the problems related to the superstructure [2] also called for slaughter. The suppressions of the Hu Feng Anti-Party Group [3] and the Anti-Rightists Movement eliminated the intellectuals. Killing the Christians, Taoists, Buddhists and popular folk groups solved the problem of religions. Mass murders during the Cultural Revolution established, culturally and politically, the CCP's absolute leadership. The Tiananmen Square massacre was used to prevent political crisis and squelch democratic demands. The persecution of Falun Gong is meant to resolve the issues of belief and traditional healing. These actions were all necessary for the CCP to strengthen its power and maintain its rule in the face of continual financial crisis (prices for consumer goods skyrocketed after the CCP took power and China's economy almost collapsed after the Cultural Revolution), political crisis (some people not following the Party's orders or some others wanting to share political rights with the Party) and crisis of belief (the disintegration of the former Soviet Union, political changes in Eastern Europe, and the Falun Gong issue). Except for the Falun Gong issue, almost all the foregoing political movements were utilized to revive the evil specter of the CCP and incite its desire for revolution. The CCP also used these political movements to test CCP members, eliminating those who did not meet the Party's requirements.

Killing is also necessary for practical reasons. The Communist Party began as a group of thugs and scoundrels who killed to obtain power. Once this precedent was set, there was no going back. Constant terror was needed to intimidate people and force them to accept, out of fear, the absolute rule of the CCP.

On the surface, it may appear that the CCP was "forced to kill," and that various incidents just happened to irritate the CCP evil specter and accidentally trigger CCP's killing mechanism. In truth, these incidents serve to disguise the Party's need to kill, and periodical killing is required by the CCP. Without these painful lessons, people might begin to think the CCP was improving and start to demand democracy, just as those idealistic students in the 1989 democratic movement did. Recurring slaughter every 7 or 8 years serves to refresh people's memory of terror and can warn the younger generation—whoever works against the CCP, wants to challenge the CCP's absolute leadership, or attempts to tell the truth regarding China's history, will get a taste of the "iron fist of the dictatorship of the proletariat."

Killing has become one of the most essential ways for the CCP to maintain power. With the escalation of its bloody debts, laying down its butcher knife would encourage people to take vengeance for the CCP's criminal acts. Therefore, the CCP not only needed to conduct copious and thorough killing, but the slaughter also had to be done in a most brutal fashion to effectively intimidate the populace, especially early on when the CCP was establishing its rule.

Since the purpose of the killing was to instill the greatest terror, the CCP selected targets for destruction arbitrarily and irrationally. In every political movement, the CCP used the strategy of genocide. Take the "suppression of reactionaries" as an example. The CCP did not really suppress the reactionary "behaviors" but the "people" whom they called the reactionaries. If one had been enlisted and served a few days in the Nationalist (Kuomintang, KMT) army but did absolutely nothing political after the CCP gained power, this person would still be killed because of his "reactionary history." In the process of land reform, in order to remove the "root of the problem," the CCP often killed a landowner's entire family.

Since 1949, the CCP has persecuted more than half the people in China. An estimated 60 million to 80 million people died from unnatural causes. This number exceeds the total number of deaths in both World Wars combined.

As with other communist countries, the wanton killing done by the CCP also includes brutal slayings of its own members in order to remove dissidents who value a sense of humanity over the Party nature. The CCP's rule of terror falls equally on the populace and its members in an attempt to maintain an "invincible fortress."

In a normal society, people show care and love for one another, hold life in awe and veneration and give thanks to God. In the East, people say, "Do not impose on others what you would not want done to yourself [4]." In the West, people say, "Love thy neighbor as thyself [5]." Conversely, the CCP holds that "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles [6]." In order to keep alive the "struggles" within society, hatred must be generated. Not only does the CCP take lives, it encourages people to kill each other. It strives to desensitize people towards others' suffering by surrounding them with constant killing. It wants them to become numb from frequent exposure to inhumane brutality, and develop the mentality that "the best you can hope for is to avoid being persecuted." All these lessons taught by brutal suppression enable the CCP to maintain its rule.

In addition to the destruction of countless lives, the CCP also destroyed the soul of the Chinese people. A great many people have become conditioned to react to the CCP's threats by entirely surrendering their reason and their principles. In a sense, these people's souls have died—something more frightening than physical death.
    http://en.epochtimes.com/news/4-12-23/25124.html
    Last edited by Juna; 12-22-2006 at 10:44 AM.

inaccurate criticisms of Taijiquan,
    _
    ?

Where do you get the idea? From ccp's lies?

From here:

http://www.faluncanada.net/library/e...ey/xini_e.html

Don't tell me you haven't even read what your "living Buddha" says about himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Donkwoon View Post
    Chia runs a cult? Please explain.
    Yeah, his senior "Healing Tao" students apparently engage in weird "Taoist" sex rituals and typical cult style brainwashing. I've run into a few escapees over the years, and that is what they have reported goes on. After looking through some of his books, I can believe it...

From here:
    Which sentence is not correct according to your opinion?

You all just gotta stop. My grandma said last week, "Never argue religion or politics."

I'm sure CCP is enjoying this thread.

Yeah, his senior "Healing Tao" students apparently engage in weird "Taoist" sex rituals and typical cult style brainwashing. I've run into a few escapees over the years, and that is what they have reported goes on. After looking through some of his books, I can believe it...
    I have read about how his chi gung system addresess sex but from what I understand, a lot of chi gung and yoga systems do. What do you mean by sex "rituals". Brain washing? Can you give examples? What books did you look at? Any links to this topic?
    Always learning

As a Falun Gong lover, you have done enough to be at the side of evil.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/20...ent_566530.htm

Next!
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

You guys are both siting super biased sources, but I don't really think there is much of an unbiased view for this argument which is unfortunate.

I heard that there are these weird rituals at the north pole where immortals in the shape of small children create small objects of worship for distribution to innocent children throughout the world...

... forever tainting them to materialism, greed and corruption.

I've never been able to get up there to verify it, though. Supposedly they call it Christmas.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 12-22-2006 at 07:25 PM.

Heh that's one way of looking at it.