I used to follow pro-wrestling prior to the rise of WWE, back in the NWA days (before that acronym was hijacked by rappers). I can't remember seeing Superfly live.

Reports: Wrestling legend Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka has died
By Chris Quinn Updated 1:34 pm, Sunday, January 15, 2017

Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka of WWE fame died Sunday, Jan. 15, 2017, according to reports.

The daughter of famed World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka reported through social media that her father died Sunday.
Snuka was 73.
Former wrestler and actor Dwayne Johnson also confirmed the death through Twitter.

"Our family @TaminaSnuka asked me to share the sad news that her dad Jimmy Snuka has just passed away. Alofa atu i le aiga atoa," Johnson posted to his feed Sunday afternoon.

Follow
Dwayne Johnson ✔ @TheRock
Our family @TaminaSnuka asked me to share the sad news that her dad Jimmy Snuka has just passed away. Alofa atu i le aiga atoa. #RIPSuperfly
11:40 AM - 15 Jan 2017
13,515 13,515 Retweets 22,799 22,799 likes
No details have been released on his death. The Associated Press previously reported Snuka had dementia and has been in hospice care since December. Celebrity gossip source TMZ reports he was suffering from stomach cancer as well.
Tamina Snuka posted a picture on Instagram from Snuka's bedside of her holding her father's hand and also posted to twitter "I LOVE YOU DAD #FOREVERMYDAD #RestWell #FamiliesAreForever #BestDad #SnukaLegacy."
Snuka first hit the wrestling world in the 1970s wrestling for the National Wrestling Alliance.
He would later join the World Wrestling Federation in 1982.
In September 2015, he was charged with third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter in the 1983 death of then girlfriend Nancy Argentino.
He was declared unfit to stand trial and the case dismissed earlier this month by a Pennsylvania judge, the Associated Press reports.