Thread: effects of doing stone warrior workouts for years

Threaded View

CMA exponents of the past were the alleged "low lifes" (the modernist descriptive) as they engaged in many professional that were considered menial i.e. carpenter, bricklayer, poverty stricken to some degree, bodyguards, etc when compared to the palace employees of the era, their local landowners, or those with hereditary titles of some kind. There was no need for special exercise equipment or tools. When CMA became what it is today, there was reason for exercise principles and concepts to be part of the skill building background while saying that one's occupation back in da day was the background for the specific study of certain types of CMA coupled with the good fortune of affiliation with well known exponents in proximity to a village or province.

If I was a poor miscreant with some folk MA system knowledge (let's say shuaijiao), I would pack my bags and head to Cang county where I have heard there are some great teacehrs and I would have a chance to elevate my MA knowledge and perhaps join the local militia or even create my own style and become the leader so I could be paid! No one to kowtow to and be a force to be reckoned with! ISn;t that the evolution of these unique styles of CMA when you bruk it down!

Keep in mind that certain Confucian principles required one to only engage in those arts that uplifted societal status and prestige Dirtying one's hands with association with the riff raff was a no no but CMA never paid that much unless one had the attention of the local Qing Flag Battalion/regiment personnel or someone associated with them for entrance into their world.
    Last edited by mawali; 04-16-2016 at 11:35 AM.