Donuts, Kung Fu, Vintage: Joy Bryant Reveals Her LA Hangouts
Thursday, November 6, 2014, by Natalie Alcala

We're not sure how Joy Bryant does it. In addition to being crazy-beautiful, the former model stars on NBC's hit family drama Parenthood, is an ambassador for Oxfam's Sisters on the Planet, and helms her very own clothing line called Basic Terrain. Launched with her stuntman husband this past June, the collection's bestselling Eden Pant have already been swooped by a handful of top retailers, including Satine, Scoop, Urban Zen, and Fred Segal.

When she's not busy running the world, Glendale-based Bryant enjoys exploring the city for new spots to shop, satiate and sweat it out. Here, she shares eight of her go-to haunts, including an out-of-this-world donut haven in Highland Park and a vintage tee mecca on La Brea.

Joy Bryant's LA Guide

Kelly Cole
"My go to spot for awesome vintage tees. Kelly has a great eye for the old and for the new. The Kelly Cole label jeans are my favorite jeans."
175 S. La Brea, Los Angeles, CA 90020
(323) 692-5012

Ron Robinson
"The one-stop shop that never gets old. Buy an outfit(from Basic Terrain perhaps?), a fragrance, something for the home, and then top it off with a bowl of pasta."
8066 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046
(877) 476-6762

Satine Boutique
"Super-fly Jeannie Lee has amazing taste and her boutiques are just as fly. She’s another early supporter of Basic Terrain."
8134 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 655-2142

The Heyoka Hideout
"Leslie Crow and company bang out the dope handmade leather pieces. They also do custom work,like my white leather fringe moccasin boots."
137 N Topanga Canyon Blvd, Topanga, CA 90290

Spa Pura
"We live in Glendale and my neighbor turned me on to this spa. Their Hydro facial is the best."
2270 Honolulu Avenue, Montrose, CA 91020

Donut Friend
"Donut heaven. Ask for the Jets To Basil donut. Thank me later."
5107 York Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90042
(213) 995-6191

Eagle Claw Kung Fu
"Master Benson Lee will show you the way. I’m studying Tai Chi there now."
2775 West Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90041

Althouse
"Adding to the cool and flavor of DTLA. It’s a beautiful space filled with choice cuts." [Photo courtesy]
761 South Main Street, Los Angeles, CA 90014
I have no idea who this is...