Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrities studying martial arts?

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    Oh, come on.... this is a martial arts forum, and sumo wrestling is not among my disciplines. I'm currently taking thirteen (soon to be fifteen) classes per fourteen-day period. Even if I were on the All-Twinkies-All-The-Time Diet, how bad do you really think it could be?
    It's not always about the weight. You could be a butter face...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    It's not always about the weight. You could be a butter face...
    What exactly *is* a "butter face"??

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    heeeyy...nice body.....
    butterface....

"My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    I'll spill one, remember Tattoo from Fantasy Island? Hervé Villechaize was a long time student and friend until he took his own life back 92-93. He was a really cool guy and nasty with a knife.....
    and pretty good with a trident, as I recall...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I guess a butter face is a big doughy type of face.....don't know. In any case I've seen girls with pretty faces however they had asses so large they couldn't fit through the door. Usually the pictures these girls show you are extreme close ups!

Sure would like to see a picture or two of a Martial artist who is one of those "fortunate few". In the mean time I'll look at a picture of "skinny" Sarah Gellar!

What exactly *is* a "butter face"??
    Everythng is hot *but her face*
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Though not an American celebrity, I heard that HK actor Anthony Wong, known for his excellent, non-MA dramatic roles, is a practitioner of Tai Shing Pek Kwar.
    This Anthony Wong? Anthony Wong is a cool dude.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=2787890

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I guess a butter face is a big doughy type of face.....don't know. In any case I've seen girls with pretty faces however they had asses so large they couldn't fit through the door. Usually the pictures these girls show you are extreme close ups!
    Those are called "ice bergs" because you only see the top 10%.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    In the mean time I'll look at a picture of "skinny" Sarah Gellar!
    You'd better get a "skinny" pic soon, because she just got pregnant!

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

You'd better get a "skinny" pic soon, because she just got pregnant!

Skinny pregant girl.........EXTREME TURN ON!!!!!!!

wtf?

gotta pick up the new issue of vogue...
    Kicking it - click for slideshow.
    Gisele Bundchen gets her kicks in jeans
    By Inside Track
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - Updated 35m ago

Tom Brady [stats] better not ever get out of line, because the missus, Gisele Bundchen, is showing off some crazy kung fu fighting moves in the new issue of Vogue maggie!

Gi, a student at the Boston Kung Fu Tai Chi Institute, channels Bruce Lee for a piece called “Kicking It,” which has nothing to do with martial arts at all. It’s about what supermodels Gisele, Naomi Campbell and Karen Elson wear when they’re not working.

Surprise, surprise, Gi’s all about the jeans.

“I am the queen of jeans,” the Brazilian bombshell tells Vogue.

She also loves cashmere sweaters in neutral colors, and when she went shopping for new outfits with the writer, the first thing she bought was a baby tennis sweater (cashmere, natch) for her stepson, Jack .

Awwww, what a model stepmom!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The belle to bete

Jason trains MMA! Friday the 13th Jason.

Derek Mears: Beyond The Mask
    Posted on 01 May 2009
    long interview: here's the excerpt:
    What do you do to keep in top physical shape?

I do different weight training regimens. I do some stuff called CrossFit, which is all functional body training. It’s a website called Crossfit.com, where they give you a workout for each day. It is just fantastic. I train MMA as a hobbyist at John McCarthy’s ultimate fighting school, which is so much fun to do. They also offer a CrossFit there too. So I bounce between that and of course doing different weights in the gym and stuff for the aesthetic body look.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    gotta pick up the new issue of vogue...
    Kicking it - click for slideshow.
    WTF indeed, Gene! I clicked for the slideshow, but only got a slideshow of girlie stuff, not punches, chops or even ham-hocks. I admit, I fell for it

There was that single shot on the front page, though. You know, I'm starting to wonder if lifting your heel off the ground when kicking is actually the right way to do it... 'least that's what I'd think if my only exposure to MA was from pop media (excluding KFMag excepted!

herb ox

i think don cheadle studies kung fu, i remember that little exchange between him and jackie in rush hour two, that **** looked tight i also remember him doing something in meteor man...but that was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Jason trains MMA! Friday the 13th Jason.

Derek Mears: Beyond The Mask
    Posted on 01 May 2009
    long interview: here's the excerpt:
    Quote:
    What do you do to keep in top physical shape?

I do different weight training regimens. I do some stuff called CrossFit, which is all functional body training. It’s a website called Crossfit.com, where they give you a workout for each day. It is just fantastic. I train MMA as a hobbyist at John McCarthy’s ultimate fighting school, which is so much fun to do. They also offer a CrossFit there too. So I bounce between that and of course doing different weights in the gym and stuff for the aesthetic body look.
    LOL.... You see that, Oso? Next time you're doing your Crossfit class, you better make sure the guy behind you doesn't have a chainsaw in his gym bag.