Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
the thing is you are resigned to the situation of kung fu, and i am fully prepared to shape it to my vision. kung fu is now a very tiny cult sport/hobby, even smaller int he coming years. if you dedicate yourself to it and put work in, you will have a say in the future of kung fu. if you cannot find mr myagi then become him.

you are overlooking the "faults" of some kung fu people because you feel you cannot change anything, only what you do. i verbally urinate on them because in 20 years i know i will have my say and the power to shape and influence kung fu and they already dont matter to me.
true, but I say you don't have to urinate on them. You can ignore them, or try to see if they have anything of value to offer just in case there's a nugget that maybe they're not even aware of... like the first video in this thread - he talked about using angles and he slightly moved forward on the intercept. That's something I was aware of, and did a little bit in my own interpretation of MA, but after watching the vid, I put more effort into moving in while moving off line just to see what would happen. Like I said, I'd do it (move in while cutting the angle) instinctively before, but now I'm trying to be more aware of it to analyze how it effects my opponent.

The fact of time is that, no matter what you're training, in 20yrs you'll be the Miyagi by default (instructors retire). Then it is your time to ad your influence to the martial arts.