Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    I'm interested to hear more about how bending over is a defence against attacks from the rear
    You don't have this movement in your biu gi?

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    It's the Chinese character for 'claw'. I wonder if it is the long bridge (cheung kiu) double lap sau? Sorry if I get the terms wrong, I haven't learned Biu Jee so piecing together the puzzle here and there.
    Again, according to what I was taught it's double lap sau but I can't help with the translation of claw as I don't speak cantonese (or any other dialect).
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    You don't have this movement in your biu gi?
    We have the movements where you bend over but I'm intruiged as to how it helps defend attacks from behind.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    We have the movements where you bend over but I'm intruiged as to how it helps defend attacks from behind.
    I m not sure of the word in English 'but itS like your opponent ceintures or belts you with his arms

At the same time you spread your arms from your body ,bend your upper body and extend your legs
    If it's done well the opponent will even fall in front of you , if not he will not escape from the following movement in the Tao
    Last edited by MOSHE; 08-24-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Ian - explain your understanding of this action please?

MOSHE - so you are saying that if somebody gets you in a "bear hug" you can spread your arms and they will fall on the floor??? I may have misinterpreted you but in your dreams pal!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by graham h View Post
    ian - explain your understanding of this action please?

Moshe - so you are saying that if somebody gets you in a "bear hug" you can spread your arms and they will fall on the floor??? I may have misinterpreted you but in your dreams pal!

gh
    give me a link where i can see the end of biu gi like you are practising .if the movements are far or close to mine ,i will adjust the explaination

Moshe, Graham H practices Wong Shun Leung Ving Tsun so his Biu Jee will look pretty much like the WSL clip I linked to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WOEnxFyGA

Quote Originally Posted by cft View Post
    moshe, graham h practices wong shun leung ving tsun so his biu jee will look pretty much like the wsl clip i linked to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0woenxfyga
    before to bend ,he is missing one movement
    plus the extention of the legs

but you have in this movement the idea to swing your opponent over you if he is seizing you in your back

before to bend ,he is missing one movement
    plus the extention of the legs

but you have in this movement the idea to swing your opponent over you if he is seizing you in your back
    No he isnt missing it! Your Teacher has added it! Swinging your opponent over you is not good thinking for fighting. Ving Tsun doesnt have such ideas!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by graham h View Post
    no he isnt missing it! Your teacher has added it! Swinging your opponent over you is not good thinking for fighting. Ving tsun doesnt have such ideas!

Gh
    what is your rational reason to believe that ?

WHAT FUNCTION DO YOU ASSOCIATE WITH THE ACTION TO BEND ?
    Last edited by MOSHE; 08-25-2011 at 02:12 AM.

what is your rational reason to believe that ?
    Rationality??? Ha! What's that??

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Rationality??? Ha! What's that??

GH
    We are still expecting youR explanation of this motion
    Last edited by MOSHE; 08-25-2011 at 03:25 AM.

We are still expecting you explanation of this motion
    We???????

This motion is telling us that if our structure has been comprimised (ie fallen over, knocked down, been blind sided etc) that we must always protect the face by leading with the arms first. Better to take a glass to the arm than in the eye you agree? As with everything in Ving Tsun it is an idea and can be applied to many situations.....apart from trying to swing the opponent around the place of course. If your idea is correct then I have not heard of it. Maybe I will ask my teacher in which case I will stand corrected.

GH

[QUOTE=Graham H;1128098]We???????

This motion is telling us that if our structure has been comprimised (ie fallen over, Better to take a glass to the arm than in the eye you agree?

YES BUT THAT IS NOT THE PURPOSE OF THIS MOTION, AND IF WE FALL THERE IS OTHER MOTIONS

As with everything in Ving Tsun it is an idea and can be applied to many situations.....apart from trying to swing the opponent around the place of course. If your idea is correct then I have not heard of it. Maybe I will ask my teacher in which case I will stand corrected.

OK

I WILL ADD AN ADVISE EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE OUR UPDATE OF THE STORY OF WING CHUN FOR REAL

CONCENTRATE SEVERAL TIMES ON THE WATCHING OF THE VIDEOS FROM WSL DOING THE TAOS AND DUMMY AND COMPARE TO THE FLOW AND THE STANCE OF IP MAN AND NG CHAN (DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THE MOVEMENTS THEMSELVES ) IN THEIR RESPECTIVES VIDEOS

YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND WHERE ARE THE DIFFERENCES ABOUT THE FOUNDATION OF THE SYSTEM WHEN PEOPLE REACH THE LEVEL OF MASTER

BECAUSE THEY CANNOT HIDE IT

SO AFTER PERHAPS YOU WILL ADMIT WHY ITS DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE POINT IM MAKING ALL ALONG THIS THREAD

NOT BECAUSE OF A PERSONAL TOUCH BUT BECAUSE OF THE SYSTEM LIKE IT WAS ORIGINALLY

REGARDS

YES BUT THAT IS NOT THE PURPOSE OF THIS MOTION, AND IF WE FALL THERE IS OTHER MOTIONS
    Yes it is! LOL

I WILL ADD AN ADVISE EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE OUR UPDATE OF THE STORY OF WING CHUN FOR REAL
    I am not interested in the story too much because nobody knows. Its all specualtion. I'm interested in what I have today.

CONCENTRATE SEVERAL TIMES ON THE WATCHING OF THE VIDEOS FROM WSL DOING THE TAOS AND DUMMY AND COMPARE TO THE FLOW AND THE STANCE OF IP MAN AND NG CHAN (DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THE MOVEMENTS THEMSELVES ) IN THEIR RESPECTIVES VIDEOS
    The videos of WSL should not be copied just as the ones of Yip Man should not be copied. Unless we can stand in the same room as them, which we cannot, then we should just take them for what they are....HISTORY!

YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND WHERE ARE THE DIFFERENCES ABOUT THE FOUNDATION OF THE SYSTEM WHEN PEOPLE REACH THE LEVEL OF MASTER
    Master means nothing. Look at Ip Chun...he is a Grandmaster apparently!

SO AFTER PERHAPS YOU WILL ADMIT WHY ITS DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE POINT IM MAKING ALL ALONG THIS THREAD
    Its not difficult! I just like living in the real world. Unfortunately only a small proprtion of WC practitioners live uin that world.
    NOT BECAUSE OF A PERSONAL TOUCH BUT BECAUSE OF THE SYSTEM LIKE IT WAS ORIGINALLY
    The system has eveloved just like humans and fighting! We must respect "the elders" but to copy them is stupid. They didnt have access to todays training menthods and the craziness of the world! There are Yip Mans and Bruce Lees everywhere today. They were ahead of THEIR time but not ours!

Au Revior

GH