Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: This thread is way too good to be kept on the internal martial arts forum...

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    I was assuming that the 'manipulation without touching' was referring to a feint or a flinch or some kind that might cause your opponent to react in a common way.
    Really? That's what you got out of this:

"Legends tell of an amazing martial ability that allowed an internal
    martial art master to control the movements of his enemy with the
    lightest of touch and in come cases without touching him at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Really? That's what you got out of this:

"Legends tell of an amazing martial ability that allowed an internal
    lightest of touch and in come cases without touching him at all."

What else could it be?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    What else could it be?
    LOL... Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    The million dollar challenge is a fraud perpetuated by and for morons who mistake themselves for the intellectual elite.

Not sure what your link is meant to show because the writing is non-sensical.

According to wikipedia 1000 people have taken the Randi challenge, all agreed to the conditions of the test beforehand and NONE have passed.
    How unfortunate that the writings of a PhD who has spent years investigating his subject, are incomprehensible to you. And yet somehow, you feel competent to dispute them.

Maybe he does have martial skill, but WTF does that have to do with supernatural powers?
    Wouldn't it be nice if someone offered to explain the connection as they see it, with personal hands-on demonstrations? Like in a seminar for example? Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    If you were paying attention to anything else besides how cool you felt while posstong you would have noticed that I was not talking about fighting. I asked that either John or Dale DEMONSTRATE magical magnetic skills on a real resisting opponent in a way that does not look like kickboxing.
    So are you personally competent to offer real resistance, or aren't you? It sounds like the answer is no: you are not competent. Meaning you don't actually know what "real resistance" means, and just want his videos to match the other favorite martial arts videos which form the basis of your expertise.

They are the ones claiming to be able to manipulate peoples' nervous systems...and you are questioning me?
    I like to see wannabe Internet bullies get their comeuppance. It's a character flaw, I know.

You reposted someone else's thread here hoping to score an easy point, and you failed miserably. If you want quick satisfaction, let me suggest you return to the Ron Jeremy videos and leave the Kung Fu alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MartialDev View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if someone offered to explain the connection as they see it, with personal hands-on demonstrations? Like in a seminar for example? Oh wait...
    Let's see, this stuff has supposedly been around for centuries. Yet in all that time not one single person has stepped up and demonstrated this in a live competitive activity such as MMA, BJJ, judo, Sambo, boxing, muay thai, kickboxing or any of the other full contact competitions that have been around for the last 70 years or so.

You'd think with all these ongoing seminars teaching all this stuff, SOMEBODY would have actually demonstrated it in an open, competitive environment.

You reposted someone else's thread here hoping to score an easy point, and you failed miserably. If you want quick satisfaction, let me suggest you return to the Ron Jeremy videos and leave the Kung Fu alone.

LMAO!
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

How unfortunate that the writings of a PhD who has spent years investigating his subject, are incomprehensible to you. And yet somehow, you feel competent to dispute them.

So are you personally competent to offer real resistance, or aren't you? It sounds like the answer is no: you are not competent. Meaning you don't actually know what "real resistance" means, and just want his videos to match the other favorite martial arts videos which form the basis of your expertise.

I like to see wannabe Internet bullies get their comeuppance. It's a character flaw, I know.

No, martialdev. I scored major points. You and tentigers are the only two to refute my great thread. You always appear 7 pages too late to fight back. You will not post again for 7 more pages so I will talk with you then.

Tentigers,
    For the record I enjoy most of your posts accept for the ones filled with hillarcky and the ones where you are too politically correct.
    Last edited by MysteriousPower; 10-12-2010 at 11:43 AM.

I interview PhDs for a living...and some of them, actually most of them, are horrible communicators or I wouldn't be employed. You can be the most brilliant person in the world but if you can't communicate your ideas effectively then what? Your link proves nothing.

If you're making claims that you can heat up objects without touching them, they you're violating everything we know about how the world works...through science. I'm willing to accept claims that would at least fit into some kind of scientific frame but come on.

If this guy can really shoot 200 degree heat out of his palms then why aren't his hands burned? His hands, like yours and mine are made up of cells that have a certain temperature they can withstand.

Its bogus....

EO

mysterious power
    No, martialdev. I scored major points. You and tentigers are the only two to refute my great thread

your great thread? ???????? so your ego has been inflated by posting a thread on the internet? seriously?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I want to give my opinion from a purely neutral perspective. That is, I am on amicable terms with almost everyone here but nobody is a "close-friend" or anything of that. I have no agendas to make anyone look good or bad.

So what is my opinion here? I believe that MysteriousPower actually had the balls to call out something that seemed extremely fishy and possibly fraudulent. Maybe this is a better thread for Bullshido, where it is much more likely that someone WILL TAKE THE INVITATION AND GO.

Now, while Dale and I do not really talk and I don't know him very well he has always been a very friendly individual to me and I have no desire to make his teacher look bad in any way. But as a martial artist we have to look at everything honestly.

Many people on this forum, including Sanjuro, Ten Tigers and other TCMA guys claim they want to see the "BS" within kung fu die, more or less. I am not putting words into other people's mouths so if they disagree with me, feel free to correct. Everytime there is a video of some Chinese charlatan with his death touch, qi-blasts, magical powers, etc.... these guys, and MYSELF, ridicule, laugh at and point out how it is all so FULL OF SH1T, and is only contributing to the demise and disintegration of true TCMA, with the essence for actual combat.

The only logical conclusion I can make regarding Sifu Painter's seminar is that the CLAIMS are rooted in mysticism and psuedo-science, as well as smelling like something fishy, not-true, or possible fraudulent. SPECIFICALLY referring to this line:

Legends tell of an amazing martial ability that allowed an internal
    lightest of touch and in come cases without touching him at all. These
    legends that seem like magic are in fact true. The secret however is not
    magic, but a subtle manipulation of an individual's nervous system by
    the master.
    1. Manipulation of movement with the slightest touch? Perhaps feasible, but certainly not IMPOSSIBLE, I should say. Maybe there is some insane skill. But still, probably not, but let's give the benefit of the doubt.

2. Manipulation of movement WITHOUT touching? Now, here is 100% mysticism and falsehood in my honest opinion. You cannot control someone from even millimeters away WITHOUT PHYSICAL TOUCH.

3. Manipulation of the nervous system? I'm not even sure what things means but at face value it sounds like psuedo-science and not something very real. For years now we have laughed off and ridiculed the people who claim to have "qi-control powers" or other similar, extraordinary feats. Things extends to "psychological mind control, mind manipulation, no-touch knockouts, etc."

I understand that some are good friends with Sifu Dale Dugas and even I, consider him a friend. However, we have to be completely open and honest in terms of questioning the validity of everything presented forth that seems rather fraudulent in nature. We CANNOT hold a double-standard of not questioning our friends, and only questioning the actions of those we don't know or don't care about.

As for me, as for my opinion. These claims set by Sifu Painter seems like bullshido mostly because of how the statements/claims were written. Perhaps he meant them in another way, but that I cannot say. He, Dale, or any affiliated person will have to speak about that.

Tell me, are these the skills that the seminar claims will be teaching? Or something similar to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XI8JwLUako

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7hyO...eature=related

Now compare the second video to this, as I believe these feats look similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdrzBL2dHMI
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Since everyone is quoting it:
    Legends tell of an amazing martial ability that allowed an internal
    lightest of touch and in come cases without touching him at all
    LEGENDS !!, LEGENDS PEOPLE !!!
    These legends that seem like magic are in fact true. The secret however is not
    magic, but a subtle manipulation of an individual's nervous system by
    the master.
    A claim that these legends, though passed off as magic are NOT magic but manipulation of the nervous system !!
    *GASP!!*

Dr. John Painter of the Li family Daoqiquan lineage was
    taught these amazing skills as a boy by Grand Master Li, Long-dao. He is
    presenting this amazing art in a workshop entitled Magnetic Body Skills.
    Come learn the truth behind the legend and discover that with just a
    small amount of practice you to can use your Magnetic Body Skills on
    others. This is an ideal skill for anyone in any style of martial art
    and also for body-workers who want to go more deeply into their ability
    to "touch" the client.
    Individual A who was taught these skills that HE NOW calls "magnetic Body skills" can teach you these skills in a limited amount of time, regardless of your current MA.
    This individual will teach you how to use this skill to manipulate the bodies of others via "touch".

So what do we have here?
    A term being used by a person that is gonna teach you how to use anatomical leverage points and pressure points, to control another persons movements.

WOW !!!
    Never heard of THAT before !!

You guys are all a bunch of c0cks !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post

Individual A who was taught these skills that HE NOW calls "magnetic Body skills" IN AN ATTEMPT TO MARKET THEM AS PARANORMAL MYSTICAL SKILLS can teach you these skills in a limited amount of time, regardless of your current MA.
    This individual will teach you how to use this skill to manipulate the bodies of others AS LONG AT THEY ARE EITHER SIGNIFICANTLY SMALLER THAN YOU AND/OR HAVE NEVER DONE REALISTIC FULL CONTACT TRAINING via "touch".
    Fixed to reflect the actual reality of the situation.

Can you imagine a BJJ, judo, boxer, wrestler or MT fighter marketing seminars the way these guys are marketing them? He'd get the same rack of sh!t we are giving these guys.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 10-12-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Fixed to reflect the actual reality of the situation.

Can you imagine a BJJ, judo, boxer, wrestler or MT fighter marketing seminars the way these guys are marketing them? He'd get the same rack of sh!t we are giving these guys.
    LMAO, yes, I agree this a a "marketing gimmick" or at least it looks like it, which is NOT the same as saying that he has NO skill, just that he is putting a "marketing twist" on what is probably "sticking", and joint manipulation coupled with pressure point pressing (touching).
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    LMAO, yes, I agree this a a "marketing gimmick" or at least it looks like it, which is NOT the same as saying that he has NO skill, just that he is putting a "marketing twist" on what is probably "sticking", and joint manipulation coupled with pressure point pressing (touching).
    People (and styles) that do tons of demos with complying partners and have zero evidence of them (or their students) doing full contact against resisting opponents generally DON'T have skills.

If anyone should know this, it is you.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 10-12-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Everytime there is a video of some Chinese charlatan with his death touch, qi-blasts, magical powers, etc.... these guys, and MYSELF, ridicule, laugh at and point out how it is all so FULL OF SH1T, and is only contributing to the demise and disintegration of true TCMA, with the essence for actual combat.
    There are individuals within the MA community that have a deep understanding of human movement, which means they can SEEMINGLY manipulate others magically.

My Taiji teacher is like this. To touch hands with him you'd swear he has no bones in his body. He can throw you across the room with seemingly no effort. But it's because he understands where and when to apply the right pressure. And he's developed the ability to listen to your body with his own, while hiding his own intentions.

But it crosses a line when you move into "skills" that can have no explanation that fits within the framework of modern knowledge. And by modern knowledge, I mean science...our understanding of the natural world.

EO