they CLAIMED that they were just there to meet him.

according to yuen jo tong he asked si kwok who those people were. si kwok said "i dont know i think they are just fans of ip chun or the movie maybe". then yuen jo tong said "why the hell would they all be standing against the wall, blocking the exits, with their arms folded across their chest looking angry?! they dont look like fans to me!". you see, si kwok did not know that yuen jo tong was going to bring the press. si kwok is a former gangster, a loan shark who is now in the movie business. he most likely brought those foreigners because he knew people would be more hesitant to fight foreigners. these days, the government is more protective of foreigners in china.

to shadow warrior--you are crazy. i speak cantonese and i can read chinese. my family is actually from sun duk too. i can also speak mandarin. you just make these claims, despite the fact that i cited things in your links that are written in chinese. you make no sense

Quote Originally Posted by wkmark View Post
Wow... I never imagined that this story is STILL being discussed here.

Anyways, Just to clear it up, the foreigners who were there actually was not even AWARE that the entire event was an apology meeting for the misrepresentation of the Yuen and Yiu family in the MOVIE. There were there because they knew that Ip Chun would be there, so they wanted to meet him and take pictures with him. Theses foreigners were indeed the students of Sin Kwok Lam's Sisok. The event did almost come to blows because of some misunderstanding on Yuen's part on why the foreigners were there.

The tea apology is a common courtesy to apologize for misunderstandings as well as to avoid having issues blow up more than it really needs to. A pubic statement of the misrepresentation was also needed since the movie was already out and the Yeun's family wanted to ensure that they are not "looked down upon" as casted in the movie.

It was pretty much THAT simple. The heated point only started when the foreigners showed up, which Yuen misunderstood and thought Yip group was trying to show force with the amount of people they had.

Anyways... This is just to let people know in case they were wondering who the foreigners were. And yes I do know the people who were at that meeting personally.