Gotta admit, the article is well written. I have been pretty ****ed off at this film, not just because of the remake (I understand it was remade a few years ago as Never Back Down) but because of the title itself. I understand classics get remade, and Hollywood will do what it can for a quick buck.

The main reason I was so much against this film (several of my friends asked if I would see it with them and I laughed as my response), was obviously the way they spit on Karate and Kung Fu. If it had simply been titled the Kung Fu Kid it would have made more sense, or Kung Fu Dream like the working title in China.

However I was unaware that the director decided to say "Alright in order to make it called the Karate Kid let's have one of the bullies call him that" and so the name came from it (or if it wasn't the director's idea whoever it was). So his nick name is the Karate kid.

However, part of me gets the impression now that they are basically saying Karate is ineffective against Kung Fu?

Either way, the article put some seeds of doubt in my mind that the film wasn't going to be utter garbage. The chances of me seeing it in theatres went from 0% to something higher than 0%. What % that is, I dunno yet. I will wait for it to come out and see what reviews say of it.