I'm predicting that there are going to be more of these and that most of them will not be that good. So I'm going to start compiling them here. I'm thinking more about direct-to-DVD flicks, like the one I'm going to start out with, than stuff like Redbelt, Never Back Down and Fighting. I'm thinking more like Honor with Rowdy Roddy Piper, Rener and Rorian Gracie, which I could have swore I reviewed here, but now can't find it.

So here's my first one: Confessions of a Pit Fighter starring Armand Assante and Flavor Flav. Amongst the fighters are Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Hector Echavarria and Rigan & Jigan Machado. Skip it. It's a stereotypical reluctant fighter tale, something we've seen a thousand times already. I like Rampage. I saw him on a late night interview and I thought he had the charisma for film, not to mention the chains (which strikes me as very WWE). But in this film, he's reduced to a growling villain. The fight choreography is a throwback to old bad John Wayne/Chuck Norris style fights - big haymakers, spinning kicks that take half and hour to wind up, the action is cut at every blow. Lame. I didn't even notice the other fighters much until just now as I read the DVD box.