Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighting

Fighting

This one is a little dated but I couldn't find a thread in the archives on it. If anyone else finds it, let me know and I'll merge. Given the cast, it looks like it'll make for an interesting fall 2008 release.

Terrence Howard Joins Dito Montiel's Fighting
    From Rebecca Murray,
    Your Guide to Hollywood Movies.
    Sep 20 2007

Super-busy Terrence Howard (The Brave One, Iron Man) has joined the cast of Dito Montiel's second feature film, Fighting. Howard joins Channing Tatum who's reuniting with his A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints director for this action drama.

Rogue Pictures also announced the casting of Zulay Henao as single mother Zulay Velez, Luis Guzman as Martinez, and professional fighter Cung Le. According to Rogue Pictures, production is starting this week in New York City. Kevin Misher will be producing the film with Montiel directing and working on the final screenplay.

The Official Fighting Synopsis
    Fighting is a rough-hewn heroic tale about realizing dreams of glory, putting audiences ringside at high-stakes underground street fights.

Tatum stars as Sean Arthur, a young man who scrapes up a living hustling counterfeit merchandise in NYC. With family tragedy in his past and his father keeping him at a distance, this outsider has little to motivate him. A chance encounter with veteran street-fighting coach Harvey Boarden (Howard) leads to a whole new career for Sean. The ensuing bouts get tough, especially with the criminal element horning in, so Sean gets tougher. He will fight to win, not only the prize money but also the unexpected new relationships that are strengthening him.
    Terrence Howard Set to Begin FIGHTING
    By: Jarrod Sarafin, News Editor
    Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Academy Award nominee Terrence Howard (Iron Man, Hustle & Flow) will lead the new action drama FIGHTING, which begins production on location in New York City this week for Rogue Pictures. Howard stars alongside Channing Tatum, Luiz Guzman, Zulay Henao & world-renowned professional fighter Cung Le as Sean's fearsome Korean foe in the ring.

Plot Concept: Fighting is a rough-hewn heroic tale about realizing dreams of glory, putting audiences ringside at high-stakes underground street fights. Tatum stars as Sean Arthur, a young man who scrapes up a living hustling counterfeit merchandise in NYC. With family tragedy in his past and his father keeping him at a distance, this outsider has little to motivate him. A chance encounter with veteran street-fighting coach Harvey Boarden (Howard) leads to a whole new career for Sean. The ensuing bouts get tough, especially with the criminal element horning in, so Sean gets tougher. He will fight to win, not only the prize money but also the unexpected new relationships that are strengthening him.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Fighting (the movie) w/ Cung Le

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    looks ok...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

maybe iut will be better than that straight to dvd piece of crap Couture did. scorpion king 2.

uurrggh that was...bad. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Kind of like that other MMA one...
    A unique snowflake

red belt?

it was mediocre but had an ok story with a beginning, middle and an end.

even though it wasn't really plausible in some points.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

MySpace has the trailer

Fighting trailer
    Coming April 2009
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Too bad i posted it first in the main forum
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

too bad gene started a thread for this movie in APRIL 08' SUCKA
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

gene be slow on the merge-fu

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I bow down to the quick linking fist of MK

And no worries, Lucus, I left a permanent link on the main to this thread. I just like to keep all the movie stuff in the same place. It's better for when accessing the archives.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

sweet deal. just got home and watched the preview.

ill go see it.

I think sombody should do a movie that's just one long fight scene.

No plot, no painful attempts at drama, just 90-120 minutes of fighting!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Cung Le spotted in upcoming film!

雄勝蔡李佛

Cung in Entertainment Weekly

There's a pic of Cung's backside as he's kicking Channing Tatum in this week's Entertainment Weekly. Tatum makes a comment on what it's like to fight choreograph with Cung.

Fighting is still slated for April 24, 2009 - official site here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips