Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Heroes Vs. Smallville

Regarding Heroes, I only watched the 1st season and part of the 2nd season, but the storyline started to get really disjointed and scattered. I hear that Jeff Loeb and Jesse Alexander were recently let go, so maybe it will start to make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nolte13 View Post
    On a serious note, I do love Canadians. In a bit of relevance Kristen Kreuk is Canadian. And so is Grace Park.
    And while we're at it, let us not forget Elisha Cuthbert, Rachel McAdams, Natasha Henstridge, Evangeline Lilly, and the list goes on and on ...

And of course there is another fine young Canadian Laura Vandervoort, who was Supergirl on Smallville, but I hear has been written out of the new season for the most part. I hear she is going to be in the sequel to the Jessica Alba mASSterpiece Into The blue

Getting back to Smallville -- I also heard that Michael Rosenbaum won't be in the new season either. That's a dealbreaker for me (though I stopped watching regularly around season 5). The whole show revolved around the Clark-Lex dynamic and if you're going to get rid of Rosenbaum then you might as well recast Tom Welling at that point. It's like those long running soap operas where they just get new actors for the same roles every few years -- sometimes the actor or actress does become synonymous with the role. Or to put it another way -- how did you all feel after being blown away by the news of a Led Zeppelin reunion, only to later find out that Robert Plant wasn't on board and that they're looking for a new singer? Bullocks to that, I say!
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Rosenbaum refused to come back for season 8.

I think he didn't believe he was being paid enough to take the risk of being permanently type-cast as a machiavellian bald super-villain.

<spoiler>So far all we've seen of Lex is the back of his head since Rosenbaum left.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Tamlyn Tomita!

It was good to see her on Heroes last night. She's no Elizabeth Shue, but still, KK fans know what I'm talking about.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It was good to see her on Heroes last night. She's no Elizabeth Shue, but still, KK fans know what I'm talking about.
    Yeah, the last time I saw her was in a Highlander, The Series, Episode.
    She is a fine looking lady.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I miss the highlander series.

The only time in history that a TV adaptation of a movie franchise was better than literally every movie in the franchise.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I miss the highlander series.

The only time in history that a TV adaptation of a movie franchise was better than literally every movie in the franchise.
    Yeah...Adrian's Hung ga was pretty good too and his sword work got better and better.

And yet his movies sucked so badly!

Highlander just was a better fit to a TV serial than to a movie franchise.
    Simon McNeil

And yet his movies sucked so badly!

Highlander just was a better fit to a TV serial than to a movie franchise.
    Well....I think it was a case of bad wrtining and directing.
    I am sure that ANY Highlander movie would have been great if that had beter writers and directors.
    I did like the first one though.

The first one had three things working in it's favor that the others didn't.

1) A classic soundtrack.
    2) Sean Connery
    3) A complete and total lack of space aliens, wierd undead immortals with super-speed, japanese warlocks, and suddenly introduced non-cannonical love interests.
    Simon McNeil

The first one had three things working in it's favor that the others didn't.

1) A classic soundtrack.
    2) Sean Connery
    3) A complete and total lack of space aliens, wierd undead immortals with super-speed, japanese warlocks, and suddenly introduced non-cannonical love interests.
    And a wacko, yet "believable" and "lovable" bad guy.

Yes... lovable... that's the word...
    Simon McNeil

Highlander?!

I can't believe this has derailed to Highlander. Maybe Highlander deserves it's own thread since there are so many fan boys here. I've already made my feelings about Highlander known elsewhere.

I'm bummed Heroes offed Veronica Mars. Her character was getting complex and she was very easy on the eyes. And I had an epiphany about the show: bad Sylar good; good Sylar boring. "Cake!" What a great line.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Was she <spoiler> Elle?
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I can't believe this has derailed to Highlander. Maybe Highlander deserves it's own thread since there are so many fan boys here. I've already made my feelings about Highlander known elsewhere.

I'm bummed Heroes offed Veronica Mars. Her character was getting complex and she was very easy on the eyes. And I had an epiphany about the show: bad Sylar good; good Sylar boring. "Cake!" What a great line.
    Wasn't that line just too cool ?!
    LOL !

I curse being a week behind on Heroes constantly!

Simon McNeil