I suppose this could go in our Celebrities studying martial arts? thread, but I'm always partial to our Shaolin forum here.

Charlie Hunnam `to live at the Shaolin Temple`
By Lee Brown Sep 15, 2011, 4:37 GMT

'Sons of Anarchy' star Charlie Hunnam spotted out at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. He was walking into the 'Bing' bar to meet reported girlfriend Liv Tyler who was inside. - Splash News

'Sons of Anarchy' star Charlie Hunnam spotted out at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. He was walking into the 'Bing' bar to meet reported girlfriend Liv Tyler who was inside. - Splash News

Actor Charlie Hunnam is taking a break from acting to live at the Shaolin Temple.

Despite his best success ever with TV hit The Sons Of Anarchy, fitness fanatic Charlie is packing his bags and heading to the mountains in China.

'There are four hours of silent meditation a day and eight hours of kung fu and weapons training,' he told Men's Fitness magazine, appearing shirtless on the cover.

'I want to switch my mind off for a while and get centered.'

Charlie - who admits to keeping a machete in his office - revealed that he had first turned to martial arts, learning boxing as a kid, after getting 'a couple of really good beatings' growing up in England.

Having moved from Newcastle to the Lake District early in his childhood when his parents split, the 31-year-old says, 'I was a city kid in a country environment, and I got a couple of real good beatings. Five or six guys just slamming me.'