Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu and Organised crime

I think it was blacked out back in the day. Someone else owns it now, and it appears to be more open now. I don't know if it is still outlaw controlled. PM me if you want the current name.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Nah man, no need.

I just remeber the place is all but I could be thinking about a location in Downers Grove. So much kempo around here.

No, it's not in Downers. I think it's in Northlake. I know the one in Downers, but I don't know anything about them.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

accurate or not, its pretty much my favorite movie subject. my local video stored seems to have an endless supply of yakuza brawling films.

start another topic about yakuza. You'll find all sorts of insteresting tidbits of info about them.

for instance, they were born out of the collapse of the samurai class after 700 years of prestige. they later became organized criminal concerns with far reaching influence.

There are plenty of books on the subject that explore the depths of it in an attempt to understand teh thinking behind the people involved.

It is interesting what happens to a segment of society that suddenly becomes useless to the overall society. they generally can't handle the rejection and become a criminal element unless they actively change and seek to blend back into the new version of society.

In the west, one could equate lone gunmen and gun fighters to the criminal elements that sprang forth and those others in that sub group who found a way to operate within the boundaries of the rule of law.

anyway. It's worthy of another topic despite it's non kung fu ness imo.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    start another topic about yakuza. You'll find all sorts of insteresting tidbits of info about them.

for instance, they were born out of the collapse of the samurai class after 700 years of prestige. they later became organized criminal concerns with far reaching influence.

There are plenty of books on the subject that explore the depths of it in an attempt to understand teh thinking behind the people involved.

It is interesting what happens to a segment of society that suddenly becomes useless to the overall society. they generally can't handle the rejection and become a criminal element unless they actively change and seek to blend back into the new version of society.

In the west, one could equate lone gunmen and gun fighters to the criminal elements that sprang forth and those others in that sub group who found a way to operate within the boundaries of the rule of law.

anyway. It's worthy of another topic despite it's non kung fu ness imo.
    Naw....but it's really friggin' cool.....

"How prevelent is that, and what would you do if you ever discovered one of your former teachers is a family member in some sort of major underworld criminal enterprize?"

I'm an FBI agent currently working undercover collecting evidence against my teacher. Which is the reason I can't reveal my true name on this forum. I've been doing it for years and I'm in pretty deep- the only "gwai low" to ever rise up this far in the ranks of Chinese organized crime. My teacher is a respected member in high standing of a notorious Chinese mafia family (name withheld) and I'm a closed door disciple and good friend of his (ours). I had my bai si ceremony several years ago. I eat dinner with him and his family and have gone back to China with him numerous times on "buisiness" trips. I've already collected enough evidence to put him away for a very long time. Several well known instructors (maybe yours) are mixed up in this as well. My time on the inside is finally coming to an end. My superiors have decided to pull me out and close the case. Alot of well known sifu's are gonna be looking at serious jail time. Keep an eye out for this in the media because it's gonna be huge.

Fuhgettaboudit.
    Last edited by Anthony; 02-24-2007 at 07:08 AM.

Funny the topic of under cover and MA comes up.

I used to know the Son of an FBI agent working on the Chung Moo Quan case. He had told me that the FBI had under cover guys posing as students long before anything broke on the news.

As fro my old Kung fu teacher, I remember when I was in class back in the day, I'd go to the mid afternoon class because I was layed off at the time. It was full of local cops...I wonder if they knew? Although given the neighborhood, they probably did and didn't care.

I wonder if this is common?

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    LOL @ organized crime syndicates using kung fu to hurt and kill people when they have ready access to weapons... somebody watches too many movies.
    Nah. You're forgetting that in some cases the cultural baggage does make a difference. Your average street crim doesn't go to a boxing school in HK, nor do they go to BJJ: if they can't get a gun they go to a gangsterfist class (wing chun) or its rival CLF or something... It's all about rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    What are you, Batman?
    That was funny

Don't the Yakuza put some of their guys in professional full-contact tourneys?
    I wouldn't have thought so. If they wanted to I wouldn't see the Yakuza stopping them though either. I've never seen any evidence of it either. I've seen a few big yakuza guys doing security around MMA events in Tokyo, but that's par for the course with mirrors in any security org, and in bareknuckle and the less legit fights orgs employing East End gangsters in London too. It's all anecdotal, but check youtube for the Lenny Maclean stuff BJ put up recently... the guyswatching weren't the kidnd of guys my grandma has around for tea!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    I don't see how you showcased any evidence of this at all or at least I don't see it. I think the problem with the above statement is the use of the term martial arts.

Martial arts speaks of a system of organized training, where with educated street criminals its more about using dirty tricks, tactics and whatever means necessary to get the job done as fast as possible.
    Fair enough. Wing chun used to be called gangsterfist in HK, and maybe before, going back to the Red Boat people being 'outlaws', if that version is to be believed. In the old days, wing chun was a scrappy 'art': a set of principles governing an 'anything goes' mentality. Nowadays with single-art training purists and evangelists, the ball game has changed a little.

BTW, I know a few yakuza guys who trained kyokushin extensively and also a lot of yakuza judoka. Take the ****ing video yourself if you want proof! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    I have met a couple of Outlaws before, though I think they were called the Bandidos at that faction, I was close friends with the younger brother of one who overdosed on H back in the early 90's. Guys I met were tough and scary dudes, guns, buck knifes, dirty boxing, hidden weapons, just all in fighting type stuff, but nothing organized in terms of systems.
    And? One of my friends was an Outlaw, and although he was no stranger to home-making weapons out of tent pegs/anything that could be hammered flat and sharpened, he also learned karate off his dad. So in reverse to what you say, although natural/nurtured kickass comes into it a lot, in some cases people will train.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Wing chun used to be called gangsterfist in HK, and maybe before, going back to the Red Boat people being 'outlaws', if that version is to be believed.

Reply]
    LOL, My old teacher taught Wing Chun first!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Saying Italian Mafia is redundant unless you are saying that to talk about the Mafia in Italy rather then the United States. Mafia is used incorrectly a lot these days. A lot of people use it to describe any organized crime group but this isn’t accurate. Mafia, by definition, refers to a particular organization that came from Sicily. Saying "Japanese Mafia" is like saying "Sicilian Yakuza".
    Last edited by The Xia; 02-24-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Sounds like a kind of sushi-pizza....sweet.....

Sounds like a kind of sushi-pizza....sweet.....
    LMAO
    You're really funny.

sicilian yakuza? sounds like nick zapetti. of ueno black-market/ nicolas pizza fame.

Quote Originally Posted by neit View Post
    sicilian yakuza? sounds like nick zapetti. of ueno black-market/ nicolas pizza fame.
    I'm guessing you read Tokyo Underworld.