Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu and Organised crime

modern times, there will be guns and some kind of weapons involved.

Sharks, with laser head attachments, and all that jazz......

There is no such thing in todays society of the triad's or tongs that impliment MA aty any level. they are more geared toward drugs, prostitution, importing and exporting and guns.

From my backround living in NY and having orginzed crime all around me and being half sicilian were no such thing as MA in the cosanostra either. Strong armed and threats were all that was needed there was no place for skilled fighters, most of the threats were intimidation.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

modern times, there will be guns and some kind of weapons involved.

Reply]
    No, not really. You'd think, but it seems these guys still do things "Old School" by beeating people bare handed 3 on one.

I was reading an artical online lately where a guy got his neck broke by the bouncers of the mob controlled "Crazy Horse" strip club...no weapons there, just bare handed brutality and 3 on one insurance.

One of the guys in the links I posted above was the floor manager at Crazy horse, and brother to a major Chicago mob boss...infact the entire crazy horse staff and ownership seems to have ties to Chicago's outfit. Just google the names in the links and a whole bunch of news articals comes up tieing them all together.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

From my backround living in NY and having orginzed crime all around me and being half sicilian were no such thing as MA in the cosanostra either. Strong armed and threats were all that was needed there was no place for skilled fighters, most of the threats were intimidation.

Reply]
    One of the mobsters pictured in the links i posted above is a recognised Master in the Chicago area, and a former teacher of mine. I know of several others involved, or with close family ties that were also into Kung Fu. So it may not be prevelant in NY, but the Chicago outfit defenetly has it's Kung fu players...and I am talking top level guys here.

I'd bet it's common in NY too, you just haven't noticed it.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

What are you, Batman?

its possible RD but you gotta realize that our family here in Buffalo came from the Decarlo family from Chicago in the mid 40's. I am sure you know who I mean, the Decarlo family is legendary in Chicago.
    but somethings for sure, the real outfit has little to do with the movie type reputations of strong arms and hostle take overs, they deal more with the garbage industry and the local unions than anything else, there is no such thing as the ruthless old school Mob anymore.
    I know of many made guys and they play cards everyday at the same spot and some are cops, some are lawyers and union delegates and even polititions but none are MA muscle... ever since the RICO act and conspiriacy laws you are hard pressed to find the old school beat um up behavior
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Don't the Yakuza put some of their guys in professional full-contact tourneys?

conspiriacy laws you are hard pressed to find the old school beat um up behavior

Reply]
    Untill reacently i would agree with you, but in light of some of the things occuring at the alledged, Chicago outfit controlled, Crazy horse strip club in Vegas, I'd have to say that Chicago is running business as useual...despite all of the reacent high profile aressts and court cases of the top bosses here.

For the Women:

+ = & a

For the Women:

+ = & a

Don't the Yakuza put some of their guys in professional full-contact tourneys?

Reply]
    I had heard that as well.

Also, I do know a former (and now decesed) MA tournament promoter here in Chicago was in a top position with the Chicago Outlaws, which is a criminal Biker gang for those who don't know.

My take is that Martial arts today is still pretty big in the criminal underworld.

For the Women:

+ = & a

My take is that Martial arts today is still pretty big in the criminal underworld

I don't see how you showcased any evidence of this at all or at least I don't see it. I think the problem with the above statement is the use of the term martial arts.

Martial arts speaks of a system of organized training, where with educated street criminals its more about using dirty tricks, tactics and whatever means necessary to get the job done as fast as possible.

Most likely using a weapon, gun, knife, club, strangulation, whatever. If organized crime guys beat up on one dude at the Crazy Horse, which I have been to btw and the girls were not bad, that is more about good and simple tactics to get the job done than anything else.

Did I not post an artical showing my former Kung fu instructor? He's Joey The Clowns Younger Brother...and managed the floor at crazy horse...Ergo Italian Mob and Kung Fu.

My post is more general than that though, I am actually wanting to discuss the practice of Kung Fu, and Martial arts in general in organised Crime over all.

I know it's prevelant in the Outllaws, and i have seen examples in the Chicago Outfit.

Doesn't it make sense that groups with tendancies towards violence would seek violent hobbies or pass times? I have been told by asociates of the Outllaws (For example) that the basements of thier club houses are fully set up fighting gyms. So what does that tell you?

For the Women:

+ = & a

Wouldn't it also make sense that in order to bolster your rep, you'd want good fighters backing you up as well? Sometimes big muscle is all that is. Lot's of big guys and bruisers can't fight worth a lick.

Yeah, that is exactly my point!! We had the Outlaws running at least one comercial Dojo that I know of, a high ranking family member of The Chicago Outfit involved with at least one comercial Kung fu school that i know for sure, the Outlaws are known to run fighting tournaments as well, and often farm thier guys out to work security at concerts and such. it just makes sense that Martial a ts would be a mainstay as a recreational activity for them, if not down right serious training.

For the Women:

+ = & a