Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    You mean like what Gracie Did to mat Hues
    I doubt that either of them would be stupid enough to try to use dumba$$ stuff like finger breaks and fat grabbing to try to beat the other one.
    Matt used classic MMA tactics and techniques to beat the snot out of Royce.

Royce, who regularly has had no problem over the years dominating most TMA guys, was severely beaten my a modern MMA fighter. Matt beating Royce so soundly is an excellent example of how far ahead of TMA's MMA is.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 10-20-2006 at 07:36 PM.

I give up!

OK KNIFEFIGHTER, WE get it now
    Kung Fu = Suck
    MMA= Good
    Now, Go away! 'Cause at this point (after watching you repeat yourself over and over and over and over) you now sound like CHARLIE BROWN'S mother

WONK, WONK, w-wonk wonk.

Love and kisses, you TROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    As a trainer of fighters, I would be interested to have his take on those dumba$$ looking forms on your site.

I would also be interested in his take on how you train your guys compared to his training.

Get your story straight.

What is it?

Is it demographics?

...or is it him projecting the wrong image, which is what you stated in the first place.

Thanks for making point #672 about why so much kung fu is ineffective.
    Kung fu guys think that just because someone with a "kung fu school" teaches them techniques, it has something to do with fighting.
    Listen I don't want to get into the weirdo debate, ross has asked me before not to include him in my debates so I'l leave it at that.

How he ran his school is his buiss. I was also trying to be polite.

As far as the gracies are concerned your no Gracie
    Exactly... I'm no Gracie and I regularly dominated the "finger breaking" guys.

and speaking of Gracie he didn't tap out when mat dislocated his elbow
    Correct again... congratulations. Now you can see how something like a little finger break wouldn't stop a halfway decent fighter.

How he ran his school is his buiss. I was also trying to be polite.
    Telling him that weirdos walking into his school was because he was projecting the wrong image was polite?

Methinks you might want to work on your diplomacy skills if you think that you were being polite to him.

I doubt that either of them would be stupid enough to try to use dumba$$ stuff like finger breaks and fat grabbing to try to beat the other one.

Royce, who regularly has had no problem over the years dominating most TMA guys, was severely beaten my a modern MMA fighter. Matt beating Royce so soundly is an excellent example of how far ahead of TMA's MMA is.
    In regard to that fight, the point I was trying to make is that instead of tapping out he resisted because of ego and he still got knocked out by hues. The only difference is that after the fight he gets to deal with his broken elbow.

Just like trying to say, that someone can keep on fighting when their finger gets broken. Sure if some people have a strong pain threshhold and may continue fighting, but at the end of the fight he can't right his name.

that's the stupidest thing I have ever herd you say to date. Firts of all finger breaks are not allowed in the UFC for a reason.

And mat basicaly proved that all the guys Gracie fought in the begining were hand picked chumps. In Mats's own words " It was basically an infomercial for the Gracies.

And by the way the guys that claimed to do CMA I never herd of.

Just like trying to say, that someone can keep on fighting when their finger gets broken. Sure if some people have a strong pain threshhold and may continue fighting, but at the end of the fight he can't right his name.
    Reason #256- kung fu guys are worried about things like writing their names with a broken finger, while MMA guys are concerned with winning the fight.

Hmm.. I wonder which mentality would serve one better for the realities of the street.

Telling him that weirdos walking into his school was because he was projecting the wrong image was polite?

Methinks you might want to work on your diplomacy skills if you think that you were being polite to him.
    That's why I rephrased my statement Button head

Firts of all finger breaks are not allowed in the UFC for a reason..
    And what would that reason be?
    Because they are somehow more deadly than breaking someone's elbow, or knee, or foot?

It was basically an infomercial for the Gracies.
    Right again... you're on a roll tonight. As a businessman you should know what an opportunity this was. The US was populated by TMA's. It was incredibly easy to beat pretty much any TMA practitioner out there.

That was why Rorion had his open $100,O00 dollar challenge that was written up in Playboy and other national magazines before he developed the UFC.

What a way to showcase Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Rorion was a marketing genius.

Reason #256- kung fu guys are worried about things like writing their names with a broken finger, while MMA guys are concerned with winning the fight.

Hmm.. I wonder which mentality would serve one better for the realities of the street.
    Street fighting is not ring fighting and to continue fighting when your hurt is stupid for what for a medal.

This is what's wrong with your thinking it's based on ego not practicality. Let's see win a medal and spend the rest of your life with cronic pain and and going to rehab.

I dont know about that. Matt pretty much beat Royce on the ground. His Jiujitsu is just better. If it was a grappling match, Matt would of won also. Matt has been training jiujitsu for a long time, long enough to beat Royce. He is just more athletic, and his win doesnt prove anything. Even if Royce was a "modern MMA fighter," he couldnt beat Matt.

Royce's Jiujitsu isnt even close to the elite BJJ players of today. Even still, I have the most respect for Royce, he pretty much changed the way people think about Martial Arts. Whether you practice grappling or not, you are aware of the importance and advantage of knowing how to fiight on the ground because of Royce.

And what would that reason be?
    Because they are somehow more deadly than breaking someone's elbow, or knee, or foot?

Right again... you're on a roll tonight. As a businessman you should know what an opportunity this was. The US was populated by TMA's. It was incredibly easy to beat pretty much any TMA practitioner out there.

That was why Rorion had his open $100,O00 dollar challenge that was written up in Playboy and other national magazines before he developed the UFC.

What a way to showcase Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Rorion was a marketing genius.
    Ohh I didn't say it wasn't good marketing it was, but that's all it was. the reason they allow elbow foot or knee Manipulations and not finger brakes is obvious.

It's because it's easier to brake a finger, and thats the 2nd dumbest statement you have made to date
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 10-20-2006 at 08:20 PM.

Ok I'm done putting the KFighters flames out it looks like he doesn't want to play anymore

Really? I'm starting to thinks he's right and I now see the error of my ways.

You see, I have a concealed carry permit and I was under the mistaken belief that shooting at targets gave me the skill to shoot a real live human being.

Apparently this is completely wrong. I'll never be able to make it work in real life unless I practice 'live'.

Got to head on down to crack town now. I've got 2 clips loaded so that should provide maybe an hour of practice. Hey, it doesn't work unless you try it for real right?

NOT!

That mentality is for lunkheads. I don't need to poke someones eye out to see if it works. I also don't want to snap someones fingers just to see if it takes any of the fight out of them.

He's a crackpot. Let him babble all he wants, we all know the real truth.