Lautner, Greene and Wood. I'd evoke Kung Fu Vampire, but they're horrorcore, and that would spiral into a totally different discussion.

Ashley Greene Gets Mean for Martial Arts
November 25th, 2009 5:55 pm / Author: Oliver Coleman

Last night, OK! caught up with Twilight star Ashley Greene at NYC hot spot Avenue at the party to celebrate her upcoming Maxim cover. And while she may look like sweet and petite, Ashley is one mean fighting machine!

“I think part of it is that it’s really empowering maybe and part of it is because it’s fun,” the New Moon star explained about her passion for mixed martial arts. “It’s incredible to see what your body can do and what you’re capable of and not needing a weapon to defend yourself is a really great thing.”

Now that Ashley is a global superstar, she feels the ability to defend herself is very important.

“Absolutely. One, it puts my dad at ease gives him a little piece of mind,” she said. “I started doing martial arts when I was really young and I ended up sparring boys instead of girls because I was that into it and I didn’t want to beat up the girls. It’s a fun thing and I’ve always been really athletic.”
Ashley Greene: 'Filming Twilight Eclipse Renewed My Martial Arts Passion'
She speaks about fighting boys...
Friday 27th Nov 2009

Ashley Greene has revealed how filming The Twilight Saga: Eclipse has renewed her interest in martial arts.

The 22-year-old actress, who plays vampire Alice Cullen, is involved in a series of fight scenes in the movie, which is due out next summer.

In an interview with OK!, Greene said she was first introduced to martial arts as a child and believed it was a good form of self-defence.

"I started doing martial arts when I was really young and I ended up sparring with boys instead of girls because I was that into it and I didn't want to beat up the girls," she said.

“It's a fun thing and I've always been really athletic."

Greene added: “I'm definitely going to get more involved in it. When we were filming Eclipse we had fight training for about six weeks, so that kind of re-sparked that bug.

“I had a personal trainer on top of that and they had us do mixed martial arts fighting as well."

Greene can currently be seen in the second installment of the vampire saga, New Moon.