Page 146 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3641

Thread: OT: does obama bring change?

Instead of arguing with true-believers about their zeroes, er heroes, how about this:

A student of mine, a union worker, just told me dozens of private construction jobs are on hold - why?

After the 'stimulus' bill was signed the steel companies raised prices 30%, expecting lazy government purchasing agents to gobble it up. The end result? Many more people out of work than would have been without the stimulus package.

Doesn't anyone actually study history or economics anymore? I'm hoping the next cycle might give us a real choice, but I'm not hopeful at this point...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

The lesson here for the less-than-capable here - it's not that 'Steel Companies Are Evil' - it's that government intervention scr@ws things up. It got us into this mess (Not the canard that free markets did - total BS) and it will continue to make the mess worse.

Wake up America.
    www.kungnation.com

Obama's new tax plan will also take money away from charities. The goal is to replace efficient, non-profit private organizations - many staffed with motivated volunteer workers with inefficient, over-paid, 'it's not my job', 'I got this job because I worked for the alderman', government clock watchers.

Again, FORCING people to be dependent on the largesse of state.
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    What's super awesome is not ONLY did he fake his military service, he actually... get this... PLAGIARIZED A NATIVE AMERICAN WAR VETERAN TALKING ABOUT HIS EXPERIENCES IN VIETNAM. As far as frauds go, you have to admit, that's kind of impressive.

WC isn't just a racist... I think he has it out for native americans.
    So that I don't have to go over all these pages...
    Was this person convicted of these things?
    Was there a trial?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    And yet another one condemns the fraud for what he is:

"Many of us Native people exercised our free speech more than a decade ago: We told the university Churchill isn't what he pretends to be.

I graduated from the University of Colorado-Boulder, where I earned a journalism degree. While a student, I signed up for an Indians in Film class because I heard an Indian guy was teaching it. I was intrigued. I like film. And I appreciate Indian professors. At the same time, I also heard from several Native staff on campus that Churchill wasn't really an Indian.

I took his class, joining mostly white students. I can still see Churchill walking into the room to teach one day wearing sunglasses and no shoes. I wondered: What kind of Indian skips putting on his moccasins? As a student, I asked Churchill if I could interview him for one of my journalism assignments.

A recent genealogical investigation by the Rocky Mountain News proved otherwise. Churchill's family tree shows he is an Indian in his own mind. Still, he plays the part. Hence, the red cloth and eagle feather that showed up in press photos and news stories during his wrongful termination trial in March.

For anyone who missed the eagle feather, the former ethnic studies professor did his best to convey some sort of connection to indigenous people. Churchill wore a bold-patterned, Native-designed jacket the day the jury announced a verdict. So, who is Churchill trying to convince with his tribal get-up?

When I saw Churchill with the eagle feather, I was reminded of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and its special agents who are doing eagle feather raids across the country, busting what seems to be mostly Native people in illegal possession of the protected birds. It should be noted that only members of federally recognized tribes are allowed to possess eagle feathers. Perhaps federal agents should expand their undercover investigation to include white university professors.

The majority of Indian people I know view Churchill as an imposter. For anyone just tuning in, don't be fooled by a man carrying an eagle feather and wearing a Pendleton jacket."

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2...ave/rave54.txt

OMG! What a poseur. Teaching class barefoot!

And you idolize this fool.
    Your fear of the man and his ideas are just amazing.

Maybe you should be afraid. The more you and others attack the man the more his popularity and respect grows.

By the way I'm barefoot right now!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Was there a trial?

The only legal trouble that Professor Churchill has never been in, other than a few traffic offenses, is being arrested at various protests.

Oh by the way the article above is a classic example of how Bad and others edit things to twist a message.

Notice how in the article as posted by Bad this woman said she asked Ward for an interview and then the article starts talking about the Rocky Mountain News. Well truth is that Ward graciously agreed to an interview but Bad found it prudent to edit this bit of information out of his version. Ward always has time for his students and was always voted as one of the top professors on campus.

Also, in that same article this woman compares Ward to Larry Flynt. Bad saw fit not to include that either....Maybe because it showed a little too much bias!

mas

i deal with purchasing of steel every week, sometime several times.
    Prices have NOT risen 30%. NOt even in the last 2 years.
    Yes, prices rise and there were even some fuel surcharges being applied, but overall, prices are stable within a dollar or two a pound. (steel is purchased by weight)

where are you getting that info from?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    mas

Yes, prices rise and there were even some fuel surcharges being applied, but overall, prices are stable within a dollar or two a pound. (steel is purchased by weight)

I was really laughing at that. I know nothing about the steel industry but I do know people can't sell the houses and buildings that are now standing......much less be able to build more. Construction has come to a grinding halt yet we're suspose to believe steel prices have rises 30%!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    The only legal trouble that Professor Churchill has never been in, other than a few traffic offenses, is being arrested at various protests.
    I'll look into that one. I'm fairly sure there are likely a few restraining orders filed against him.

His buddy Russell Means is a convicted felon and ex-con.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Was there a trial?
    Plagiarism is not a criminal offense. So there would be no trial.

Drake and I both posted some of the plagiarism, it was word-for-word. He also admitted he 'borrowed' Thomas Mails' artwork to sell as his own.

Here is a story where the poseur assaults a reporter for asking him about the artwork: http://cbs4denver.com/local/ward.chu....2.541927.html

This site has the video of the assault: http://treyjackson.typepad.com/junct...r_questio.html

This site has side-by-side pictures of the two pictures in questions. Sanjuro, just look and draw your own conclusion. http://evanravitz.com/churchill/
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Plagiarism is not a criminal offense. So there would be no trial.
    No, Plagiarism isn't in the Criminal Code.
    OTOH, if the works were copyrighted.......

One of the poseur's attorneys, Lynne Stewart, was convicted in 2005 of passing messages between her client, Egyptian cleric Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman, and a terrorist organization.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1238...cle-outset-box

There was a restraining order granted to M. Annette Jaimes in 1995 against the poseur.

His first wife, Dora Lee Larson, was also allowed by the courts to have her address kept secret from the poseur. She was the one that court papers show he committed "physical violence" against.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 04-09-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    The lesson here for the less-than-capable here - it's not that 'Steel Companies Are Evil'
    So, the steel companies aren't responsible for choosing to overcharge? I mean, you did say they chose to, irrespective of the repercussions.

Doesn't seem to me that they are blameless, if it's their choices on how to fleece their country that causes the result. I understand that one part of what you're saying is that big government is hard to run efficiently, but people, and industries, are responsible for the choices they make, and what you describe is the repercussions of choices that include greedy choices on the part of the steel industry.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    mas

Maybe he is referring to SS surcharges...even then..
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !