Thread: Special Xingyi Issue

Hybrid View

wow dude, how do you know what i know or dont know. dont go around saying who knows what. im going by my own observation. thats my opinion im entitled to it. lets not start a flame war over something so trivial please this is a pretty interesting thread on an art i love. im not gonna sit here over the internet listing ways of how i know how to fight or any of that nonsense it childish really. your response was childish and inwarrented but again its your opinion so say what uou want. me personally i see he is not using his art not one lick. 99% cma blah blabh blah thats all that came after that. where do those numbers come from where is the research. please man, dont be so full of yourself. not saying the guy is a bad fighter just saying i dont see any yiguan or xing yi or anything just wild punchs.chill out, its not that serious its a flipping video on thatnet. are you one of the guys or know one of the guys in the vid? if not then you shouldnt even have reacted in that manner not at all. after your reply whatever it made be, its over and done let the thread continue on its poitive note.

I'm chime in on this, just for sport.

I'd argue that collecting forms is a potential path to martial mastery. Although apocryphal, Bodhidharma got there by sitting and staring at a rock for nine years. There are countless paths. More than sand on the seashore. More than numbers. But none are guaranteed.

John and I did discuss the poem after his initial submission and I felt it was valid enough for the sake of the story. Remember, we aren't a scholarly journal. We'd get bogged down pretty fast if we were and that would do little to promote Chinese martial arts for us on the newsstands. There are other publications that veer that direction.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Even Bruce Lee had a mastery of Wing Chun before he developed Jeet Kune Do.
    yeah idk if bruce lee was a master of wing chun before developing jkd, considering he didn't complete the system before coming to the usa.

As you may have guessed I am most certainly not a traditionalist. In fact I tend to distrust blind adherence to tradition in favor of application of reason to questions of practice.

On this we agree though:

Collecting forms is not a path to martial mastery.

As a note: This post was not a double-post, it was in response to a statement that has since been excised from the board after the poster decided to remove himself entirely from the KFM forum for reasons that escape me.
    Last edited by SimonM; 12-10-2008 at 09:26 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.