Kung Fu Magazine
Frequently Asked Question Index
This FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) document is not intended to be the "Bible of Kung Fu," but merely to give some help to those that are looking for a place to start, or those more experienced that would like to know more about some different style, have a particular doubt, etc.
Please note that this is in no way to be considered the "Absolute Truth" but rather an attempt to give clear and basic information about Martial Arts in general and Kung Fu in particular. Your suggestions, opinions, and additions are welcome; send e-mail to email@example.com.
Topics Contained in this FAQ:
- What is a Martial Art?
- What is Kung Fu?
- Are there different kinds of Kung Fu?
- How is Kung Fu different from Karate, Judo, or Tae Kwon Do?
- Which style should I study?
- Rankings and Color Belt Systems
- What is the significance of the black belt or sash?
- How long would it take me to get a black belt (or it's equivalent)?
- Should children study Kung Fu?