Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Magazine rated #5 on FHM's 50 Most Absurd Moments in Rock

Kung Fu Magazine rated #5 on FHM's 50 Most Absurd Moments in Rock

Check out the NOV 2003 issue of FHM (Halle Berry on cover) and you'll find our May June 2003 issue listed on page 120. They think Lou looks "utterly ridiculous wielding a samurai sword." Samurai sword indeed. This is a samurai sword. Lou used our Dragon Well sword.

So far, we've only received two letters complaining about Lou Reed on the cover (we published them in our SO & ND 2003 issues.) We expected there would be a few, but in terms of bringing more spotlight to CMA, covering Reed has far exceeded our expectations already. FHM coverage - yeah baby - if only I can borrow some of their models for our got qi? girls. BTW, have you seen our new got qi? long sleeves, mug, sweats and hoody? Get yours now before Halle Berry does!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thumbs up

Halle can get mine anytime.

Halle Could USE a better shirt...

That doesn't even look like Halle Berry.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

That doesn't even look like Halle Berry.
    it's not. it's oso in guise.

regardless, it's fhm -- an industry-specific publication. what's its industry? men who can't figure things out for themselves. if a dude can't figure out how to dress well, a magazine won't help. if a dude can't figure out how to please a woman, he's not going to learn froma magazine (maybe he should ask ... the woman he's with?) and if he can't get a woman, a magazine won't help unless he needs stroke material -- and there are more industry-specific magazines for that.

anyhoo, props to kfm for the recognition -- and for showing what kind of ass puppets work for fhm.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

fhm ranks as one of the top 5 absurd mags anyway.
    just below ikf
    Kung Fu is good for you.

FHM at KFM

When I picked up the issue yesterday, our publisher Gigi said she'd never even heard of FHM. I replied, of course not, you're not a guy. Now our office is littered with magazines, ours, our competitors, chinese mags, the last issue of Entertainment Weekly, all sorts of mags, you name it. Now that FHM is in the pile, every single guy who comes in here picks that one up. They leaf through it for quite a while until we tell them about the FHM feature. They are always amused, but are soon distracted back into the rest of FHM. What can I say? Guys will be guys and what guy won't be distracted in an issue of FHM.

FWIW, I'm very pleased about FHM's coverage. Anytime CMA can penetrate the mainstream, that's a good thing. Especially if that penetration is coutesy of KFM. And maybe, just maybe, some of the FHM babes will realize that they should come by our office and we'd be more than happy to shoot them in our got qi? shirt. Halle, you listening to me?

BTW, anyone know who's doing the choreography for catwoman?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hello Margie! And 4 ear rings I see.
    I have a signature.

Catwoman movie will suck if that's the costume. And wtf have they done to Halle, painted her white??!! Seriously she looks white, this pic freaks me out
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Once again - that AIN'T Halle Berry. No freakin' way.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

looks like she's doin a Jackson......

spooky
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

if thats Halle Berry, then im John Bolton

but anyways, Halle always looked white

HA HA HA HA HA

Halle white?

Well, they probably wouldn't have given her that Oscar if she looked too black. Still, slap a 'got qi?' shirt on her and we'll put her on the cover. Nothing would catapult CMA into the public eye better if some women like Halle started promoting it for a better body. Look at what Madonna did for Yoga. I keep hoping that one of these Kill Bill/Charlie's Angels/Alias femme fatales will jump the bandwagon and espouse the training for more than just movie stunts. Anything to bring more hotties to Kung Fu is a good thing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Anything to bring more hotties to Kung Fu is a good thing.
    Gene just clubbed correct in the head and brought it back to the cave...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread