Thread: The Royal Wedding

The Royal Wedding

I thought this would come up on our OT forum, but no. Shaolin pwned!

Royal wedding: Big day is a turn-off for ‘escapees’
    * by Darren Devine, Western Mail
    * Apr 27 2011

While a global audience of two billion watches Prince William and Kate Middleton exchange vows a group of 30 people will be buried away near Machynlleth taking Tai Chi instructions from Shaolin monk Pol Wong.

As well as developing their martial arts skills they will be doing everything from reflexology to drumming workshops.

Everything, that is, apart from watching the royal wedding.

The group are attending an Escape the Wedding weekend for those who feel they’re part of a silent majority indifferent to the royal family and the expense and extravagance of Friday’s events at Westminster Abbey.

Retired Milford Haven deck hand Philip Venables, who is going to the get-together at Llwyngwern farm, north of Machynlleth, with wife Anita, says the royals are “irrelevant” in Wales.

Republican Mr Venables, 66, from Llandissilio, in Pembrokeshire, a founder member of Balchder Cymru (Pride of Wales), said: “We just want to get away for the day so we won’t see it on TV or hear of it.

“They’re not relevant in Wales and they don’t even represent Wales on the royal standard or the union flag so why should the people of Wales celebrate a royal wedding?”

Factory worker Mark Forrester, who is going to the farm with partner Karis Boys-Yates, said the wedding was being “rammed down people’s throats”.

Mr Forrester, 34, also a Balchder Cymru member, added: “We’re being put in a position where if you’re not going along with the all the festivities you don’t belong.

“I don’t see why we should be worshipping people by accident of birth. People are so sycophantic about it as if they’re from a higher plane – they’ve got the same DNA as the lowliest person on the planet.”

Mr Forrester, from Holywell, in Flintshire, added, “When it’s all going on I’ll be sitting in the sun getting a tan.”

But organiser Adam Phillips, from Mold, stressed the weekend is not just for Welsh nationalists – the group has had numerous enquiries from people in England, equally underwhelmed by the wedding.

Mr Phillips, who has been featured in French, Canadian and Australian media for organising his Mid Wales getaway, said: “I’ve had a lot of inquiries from English people as well. They’ve been contacting me asking for directions because it’s in Mid Wales.

“They’ve asked if they’ll be welcome and of course they’ll be welcome – there’s a welcome for anyone who wants to get away from it.”

Around 45% of British people are not planning to watch the celebrations, with 32% saying they would tune in, according to a survey by pollsters YouGov for online travel agent Lastminute.com.

It’s also thought many people will be taking their holidays at the time of the wedding simply to take advantage of the long break for Easter and the several Bank Holidays.

At least three million people are set to travel overseas during the period, according to estimates by the Association of British Travel Agents.

But Alun Davies, from Cardiff, a former equerry to Prince Charles, said those turned off by Friday’s nuptials, said to be costing the economy £5bn in lost working time, are “killjoys”.

Mr Davies, 60, who served the Prince between 1974 and 1977, said: “These people sound like a bunch of killjoys. This is a time for great celebration and the majority of the nation, and certainly most of Australia and the Commonwealth, seem very taken with the sense of occasion and celebration.

“We’ve had nothing but bad news about the economy, Libya and Afghanistan for months and this is something that’s going to cheer us all up.

“I can’t wait to crack open a bottle on Friday, but as a good Welshman I appreciate that people have the right to their own opinions and if they want to go and spend time in Machynlleth good luck to them.

“You’ll never please everyone all of the time, but luckily the majority of Wales and Britain seem to be very much looking forward to the event, as I am.”
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The Royal Wedding: Real Audio

A very revealing audio taped during the latest Royal Wedding of Kate and William:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVXM9...layer_embedded

Yes, well you can't force joy into people's hearts and minds because some inbred rich folk decide to tie the knot.

Same way as you can't force people to laugh with carrot top no matter how hard you try.

The best good news is that which is not contrived.

What is really interesting for me is watching the machinations of propaganda get trotted out and seen for what they are quite readily. It is odd and awesome at the same time.

TV is no longer the great equalizer, people no longer take their government's word as truth and only the older generations seem to cling to the idea that those at the top will do right by them when in fact it has never been that way and never will be that way.

MSM isn't respected at all anymore, but they still have the apparatus in place to self generate respect and all of them do it, all of them have biased agendas that serve their bosses and boards of directors.

It is fascinating watching old paradigms die and people scrambling to hang onto them or to replace them with some polished version. And the best part is that people move on too. They change as well and I think people are starting to see the actual threads in the fabric of society now. Some are even pulling on a few of them here and there.

People at the top take for themselves. Period. That is human nature. It's not that they are inherently evil, that's just the way things are.

There are NO idealists in Government. Just opportunists, tools and idiots.
    This civilization, it's cities, it's power will collapse into itself and it will disappear and another will rise. That's how it always has been and that is how it always will be.

You can't change anything but yourself.
    Kung Fu is good for you.