Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choy Lay Fut Fist

Choy Lay Fut Fist

anyone have any idea about a choy lee fut movie in the works coming from china?
    my sifu was talking about it but i havent been able to find anything about it.
    VancouverCLF.com

Blog Entries
    yup a new movie on CLF is indeed in the works. still finding out more about it myself.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Choy Lay Fut Fist

Is this the beginning of a trend to bring back traditional kung fu to cinema? I hope so.
    'Choy Li Fut Fist' begins filming; Wang Baoqiang and Michelle Ye perform first onscreen kiss
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 Posted by Admin

The 'Ip Man' series has successfully promoted China kungfu, on 2nd Jun, the filming of 'Choy Li Fut Fist' begins filming, lead casts includes, Wang Baoqiang, Michelle Ye, Ng Mangtat, Liu Hailong, etc. Male lead Wang Baoqiang will play highly skilled martial art master for the first time, the movie is 'full of romance fate' and has kissing scene with beauty Michelle Ye, where both of them will be performing their first onscreen kiss.

Discovering 'Choy Li Fut Fist'; Wang Baoqiang hits till hands bruised

'Choy Li Fut Fist' is lower profile in comparison with of the same era southern martial art, 'WingChun' and Wong Feihong, Bruce Lee. Choi Li Fut boxing is founded by Chen Xiang, of Xinhui, Guangdong in 1836, and has a history of 170 years to date. The boxing art has a widespread influence, and has the label of 'North School of Southern Fist'. This movie is very much supported by several association succeeding the Choy Li Fut fist.

Wang Baoqiang from Shaolin temple will play a martial art movie for the first time, is very excited and happy, expressing that it looks easy in the past when he watches others film, but it is not simple at all when he films it, to coordinate the angle fo the camera, everything needs a lot of hardwork. Wang Baoqiang has a lot of fighting scenes with Tse Miu in the movie where Wang's hardwork earns much praises from his partner. Tse Miu revealed that Wang is very earnest in practicing the fist, both of them practice till their hands are bruised.

Wang Baoqiang, Michelle Ye plays couple, golden label supporting actors gathered to support

'Choy Li Fut Boxing' is a modern time, martial art comedy movie, besides martial art, the movie is not lack of romance. Wang Baoqiang and Michelle Ye who've worked together before in 'Fire of Conscience' will be collaborating again, this time around playing a couple. Speaking of her impression towards Wang Baoqiang, Michelle Ye revealed: "Too dazzling, too adorable, we've been looking forward to working together again since our last collaboration last year." Michelle Ye also exposed on site that she will be having kissing scene with Wang Baoqiang in the movie, will be performing first onscreen kiss, causing Wang Baoqiang to be slightly embarrassed. In fact, Ng Mangtat who plays Wang Baoqiang's father was more open, teasing Wang Baoqiang that he could demonstrate it with Michelle Ye if he does not know how to act it.

Besides Ng Mangtat, 'Choy Li Fut Boxing' also invited Simon Lui, Wong Yatfei, Gabriel Wong Yatsan, etc golden label supporting actors of Hong Kong to join the crew to build a strong base of comedic elements. Meanwhile, the movie also invited HKFA's Best Actress, Kara Hui to accept a role different from the past.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I wonder if it will be about Hung Sing or King Mui stuff.

A movie about Tarm Sarm would also be wicked as hell, IMO.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    i do hope its a combo of both...but i have a feeling its focusing on chan heung
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I can't really tell a whole lot about it, but from the sounds of it the movie will be a modern movie of some fashion involving a son who returns back to China after his father dies to inherit his martial arts school. For some reason or other he starts training in CLF and goes from noob to advanced quickly. The movie itself was also said to be a "martial arts comedy" but to how that works out I have no idea. Its supposed to come out towards the end of this year.

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/P3.html

Talks a little more about the movie along with who stars in it and such. I'm not 100%, but I think there's another Choy Li Fut movie in some phase of development, but that's all I heard.
    Last edited by Dragkin; 09-24-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Hello all,

I think there are 2 CLF movies coming out end of this year or early next year.
    Hopefully they reach the states soon.
    Sifu Wong from Ging Mui choreographed the fight scenes and CLF training for the movies in China.
    The story lines include martial arts, some comedy, and of course some baseline story.

This is pretty much what I've been waiting for; CLF movies!

I do hope they don't go overboard with the comedy, though. Too much comedy ruins good MA movies.

I hope at least one of these movies takes place during the Ching/Qing Dynasty. I'd prefer that over a modern-day setting. So far, the only CLF films that I have seen have taken place during the Post-Qing Republic (warlords period?).

I've said it before; it would be very cool if Donnie Yen would do a CLF movie. He could definitely pick it up and adapt it onscreen very well if he wanted to, just like he seems to pick up any other art.

LOL, Donnie Yen in a CLF movie after Ip Man.

I wonder which style he'll think is better?
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    LOL, Donnie Yen in a CLF movie after Ip Man.

I wonder which style he'll think is better?

Well, since Donnie seems eager to move away from the Ip Man role, I can't think of a better (C)MA for him to perform than CLF.

There's supposedly another CLF movie in the works called Choy Lee Fut, also modern-day, starring Sammo Hung, Yuen Wah, and Bruce Leung (Bruce Liang). Hopefully it's not too much of a comedy. IMO, too much comedy in MA movies can ruin them. The action director is Sam Wong, who was a member of the Jackie Chan stunt team.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

Well, since Donnie seems eager to move away from the Ip Man role, I can't think of a better (C)MA for him to perform than CLF.

There's supposedly another CLF movie in the works called Choy Lee Fut, also modern-day, starring Sammo Hung, Yuen Wah, and Bruce Leung (Bruce Liang). Hopefully it's not too much of a comedy. IMO, too much comedy in MA movies can ruin them. The action director is Sam Wong, who was a member of the Jackie Chan stunt team.
    what what what?! (in a Kyle's mom tone)

too much comedy ruins?

jimbo, are you not a fan of all the lucky stars films, dragons forever, drunken master, fearless hyena, half a loaf of kung fu, city hunter, skinny tiger fatty dragon, et al?

i think the comedy aspect (done with skilled ma of course) is brilliant! but then again, i'm a fan of slapstick. i think things like the mr. boo series, though, failed.
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

We need to make a movie about Tarm Sarm.

They wanted to do one in the 60's I believe but Lun Chee sigung (I believe it was him but maybe someone else) would not let them saying nobody at the time was fitting to play Tarm Sarm.....
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by yutyeesam View Post
    what what what?! (in a Kyle's mom tone)

too much comedy ruins?

jimbo, are you not a fan of all the lucky stars films, dragons forever, drunken master, fearless hyena, half a loaf of kung fu, city hunter, skinny tiger fatty dragon, et al?

i think the comedy aspect (done with skilled ma of course) is brilliant! but then again, i'm a fan of slapstick. i think things like the mr. boo series, though, failed.
    yutyeesam,
    I like comedy if it's done right, and not overdone. I like the movies you mentioned (except maybe City Hunter), but lots of 'comedy kung fu' movies get ruined by too much comedy, or really lame comedy. For a perfect, relatively recent example, check out Drunken Monkey. Early Jackie and Sammo understood comedy, and esp. Sammo knew how to combine it with drama. Plus, they were funny. Movies like Drunken Monkey are not. It takes a skilled hand to properly incorporate comedy into MA films.

I'd really like a CLF movie to be a good showcase for the art in a cinematic sense, and hopefully not end up being a 'silly movie'.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    the scene in the ring seemed CGI-ish...otherwise it looks great-can't wait till it's available in NY Chinatown
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.