Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Icmac

Icmac

http://www.kungfuchampionship.com/dallas/index.html
    anyone going to the first ICMAC (Nick Scrima's and Johny Lee's) tournament here in Dallas?

Just curious, always good to meet fellow board members.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

$100 to fight San Da??!!!?? Are you f@cking kidding me?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I don't believe the Sanda event will happen. They can't get around the "no elimination round" rule. Last I heard they are "in talks" with the TX boxing commission. But yeah, pricey. I don't believe we have anyone fighting. Most of our fighters are college students and that is just cost prohibitive. Last year we had 3 ready to fight at Taiji Legacy, the price dropped that down to one fighting.

We have a bunch of kids and a few adults doing forms and sparring though. My 41yr old butt will be doing continious sparring
    Last edited by xcakid; 03-02-2010 at 11:21 AM.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

that's the weekend of pac-clottey in dallas...
    great timing.
    half considering making the trek up there, coz i really want to see that fight, but have this weird reluctance to go, probably because of the money and the logistics of bringing my family.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Teh reason the san shou/san da teams have abandoned all these events is not only that they are run by people who don't understand teh sport, but the absurd fees they try and charge... and to top that off, for that fee they DO NOT INSURE YOU....

Ripp off
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Siminars and turniments are just thrown to make bucks. If 10 people paid to fight, 5 of them would be paying for an a$$ whupping. If you really want to see some good fights, pay the fighters to participate and you will get some action. Winner take all will make it even better.

Smile

I'll be there on Saturday for sure. Will have a fellow student or two with me. See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONSIHING View Post
    I'll be there on Saturday for sure. Will have a fellow student or two with me. See you there!

Hot ****!! Would be good to see you again. But I gotta admit, I forgot your first name, so I hope you don't mind if I revert to calling you by your board name. I am turning 42 this year and memory is not so good.

I'll be there as well with our newest master for our school Shi Yan Fei. We have a couple of students competing.

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    I'll be there as well with our newest master for our school Shi Yan Fei. We have a couple of students competing.

Awesome!! Well if you see a Filipino guy wearing a black uniform with silver trim competing in the advanced division and completely butchering his forms, that would be me. Come by, say hi and console me would ya.

Smile meeting at ICMAC

My name is Marion. Will be sure and try to find you and say Hi! Will look for other forum members that show up too. Maybe before then we can come up with a recognition method. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONSIHING View Post
    My name is Marion. Will be sure and try to find you and say Hi! Will look for other forum members that show up too. Maybe before then we can come up with a recognition method. Looking forward to it.
    How about an "uki" face track?

I will be in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Teh reason the san shou/san da teams have abandoned all these events is not only that they are run by people who don't understand teh sport, but the absurd fees they try and charge... and to top that off, for that fee they DO NOT INSURE YOU....

Ripp off

IMO, that's why the kung fu conventions have taken a hit, especially the small ones, but it will hit the big ones. Short sightedness. Instead of recognizing the problems and the reality that too many schools lack competent fighters and not trying to profit off the market to help it grow, they see sanda as just another cash cow, not something that needs to be fostered to ensure there even being a market in the future.

Talking uki face track

whatever that is... will look in the stands around me for that's where I'll be also. Unless like last tournament spend more time seated on floor. Not enough chairs in areas of interest. Or there were so many people watching had to stand up close to see anything thru crowd.

sha0lin1, another Yan Fei?

We have two Yanfeis in the S.F. Bay Area. There's Chen Fei, who usually goes by Chen Fei now. And there's my coach, Yan Fei, which is his given name coincidentally. He officially disrobed.

What's the given name of your new coach?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart