Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: tea party nutbag?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    LMAO at you once again proving you live in a world all your own.
    He wants serious political discussion yet he insults his opponents with a childish play on their name. Funny stuff.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Getting back to the point of the thread.

I think it's clear that this guy was not a stereotypical conservative or liberal. This is someone who is definitely in that "radical middle" or "independent" category. He railed against Bush AND against bail-outs AND healthcare AND taxes.

So the question is this..

If one did not identify the source of the essay one could probably find 20 million Americans who would agree with every word of his essay.

And there are lots of folks who's response to this is like a Filter song "Hey man nice shot!".

Do you think we will see more of this? My feeling is yes. We will see this become as common as major chemical spills in the US. I.e. we get 2-10 every year.

What do you think?
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post

I think it's clear that this guy was not a stereotypical conservative or liberal. This is someone who is definitely in that "radical middle" or "independent" category. He railed against Bush AND against bail-outs AND healthcare AND taxes.

So the question is this..

If one did not identify the source of the essay one could probably find 20 million Americans who would agree with every word of his essay.

And there are lots of folks who's response to this is like a Filter song "Hey man nice shot!".

Do you think we will see more of this? My feeling is yes. We will see this become as common as major chemical spills in the US. I.e. we get 2-10 every year.

What do you think?
    I think these things have, and will continue to happen. In the frequency you mention? No, I don't think so. Maybe the lower end of your figure, perhaps.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Oddly enough, that song was based on an actual event.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Agreed. But I did have to point out how stupid BD looked by immediately calling the guy a "teabagger" before we had any idea of his political leanings.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

The reason I say he's radical right is simply the rant against the government (no matter who's up there). Isn't that what we hear at Teabagger rallies? "We want less government!" "The people in Washington are crooks!" "We pay too much tax!"

As far as trending goes.......this sort of thing remains fairly constant. The lady in Alabama is a good example of taking drastic action against a powerful entity. This will continue to happen from time to time. Luckily most of these people are not rich enough to own a plane. However guns are still pentiful, easy to get and cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Agreed. But I did have to point out how stupid BD looked by immediately calling the guy a "teabagger" before we had any idea of his political leanings.
    Please ignore this personal attack. This particular poster has made it his crusade to follow me around the board and do this.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    The reason I say he's radical right is simply the rant against the government (no matter who's up there). Isn't that what we hear at Teabagger rallies? "We want less government!" "The people in Washington are crooks!" "We pay too much tax!"
    You conveniently left out his rants against the rich, corporations, and religion.

The lady in Alabama is a good example of taking drastic action against a powerful entity.
    FYI, she was a huge Obama supporter.

Please ignore this fact. This particular poster has made it his crusade to expose me as a liar and a hypocrite.
    Are you denying you called the guy a "teabagger" before the manifesto came out?

Admit it, you jumped the gun and now you have egg on your face and your foot in your mouth.

Drake & Boulder Dawg - let's cool this flame war.

I just got over the swine flu and came back to find one of my bookshelves here at the office collapsed from the weight (I do that a lot ) and my PM full of Drake and Boulder Dawg complaints . I am currently digging myself out (quite literally given the bookshelf collapse) from missing a week of work, so I don't have the bandwidth to sort out this flame war.

But I will ban both of you if you persist.

This is your official warning.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

That's all I asked for.

It's time for the personal attacks to come to an end.

Fair enough.

Drake? Can we call a truce?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Drake? Can we call a truce?
    When he stops calling me and my soldiers child rapists and murderers, sure thing. But I am not going to compromise something of this magnitude over my membership to a chaotic KF forum. If you allow this to continue, you won't have to ban me. I'll leave.

And sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you are doing better.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    When he stops calling me and my soldiers child rapists and murderers, sure thing. But I am not going to compromise something of this magnitude over my membership to a chaotic KF forum. If you allow this to continue, you won't have to ban me. I'll leave.

And sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you are doing better.
    That's the thing about it though. I've never personally called you any names. I've even tried to reason with you and tell you that my opinions are not a personal attack on you.....doesn't work.

By the way, everything I've said about the military has been documented.

That's the thing about it though. I've never personally called you any names. I've even tried to reason with you and tell you that my opinions are not a personal attack on you.....doesn't work.

By the way, everything I've said about the military has been documented.
    Just STFU. Stop trying to justify your hatred. If Gene bans us both I'll be happy, because at least you'll be silenced.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown