Thread: THE A-TEAM vs. THE LOSERS

THE A-TEAM vs. THE LOSERS

dont know if we started a thread about this film but here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58wE_7rzj6w

Well that's a frustrating search...

...can't really search "A Team" or "Mr. T" using our engine. I'm certain we've discussed this a little already. I searched Rampage and Baracas but only found some snippets. Maybe there never was a dedicated thread, just odd posts on other threads. If I find a thread, I'll merge it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

that didn't take long . . .

So, The following posts where originally in the thread MMA fighters in movies

I thought about merging the thread... but it doesn't seem necessary. I am however fond of this bit.
    Old 10-13-2009, 08:28 AM
    Associate Publisher

thoughts...
    ...we'll have to start an A Team thread soon...
    about 4 months = soon

just to illustrate how busy we are here at KFM

we can put this on the list with the expendable and the losers DS.

Of the 3, I'm most interested in THE LOSERS. Gotta support the comic to film adaptation. Ironically I never got into the comic series, tried the 1st issue but it struck me as too similar to the very excellent 100 bullets. Of course Vertigo comics will release a first 2 volumes of THE LOSER as a sinlge 300 plus page paper back.
    $20 (cheaper on amazon) for 300 pages. that's a sweat deal.

i loved the losers...it wasnt really like 100 bullets but i get the comparisons. it was **** good...and the ending was just as i expected...not in terms of perdictabillity but in terms of how it should have ended is how it ended... its ok i get comics for free...business partner runs big apple comics(which is actually now owned by wizard and is wizard world big apple) and has his own wharehouse where he buys and sells in bulk...so a trip to the wharehouse will net me some good stuff.AND im looking out for the loser reissue...its gotta good cast in it too.

Losers trailer

There's the trailer for THE LOSERS. looks like fun. Plus they kept the original comic logo, hell the movie poster is by the original comic artist.

wow...liked this better then the Ateam one. and they actually shot panel for panel scenes straight out the book. even the lines, like if you want your life back your going to have to steal it....**** i love the losers.

I saw the trailer for this.....Anytime you cast a movie based on an old TV showyou are in trouble! Anytime you cast a movie based on an old TV show and the actors you cast must be the spitting image of the old actors in the TV show then you are in serious trouble!

Oh Snap

We've been comparing THE A-TEAM with THE LOSERS but it seems like we're not the only ones. Warner Bros. Pictures has moved The Losers away from its previous April 9th date. It will instead be released on June 4th, the week prior to the release of the A-TEAM. I wonder who will win that shoot out.

**** warners has balls...i guess 9 years of being the number 1 studio in the world has gone to their head. the losers trailer blew the a team trailer away...thats a fact.

The Losers definitely looks WAAAAAY better.

That said, nostalgia freaks will probably pick The A-Team over the Losers. Name recognition goes a long long way.

New ezine review

Check out THE LOSERS: Spandex vs. Camouflage by our Senior Graphic Designer Patrick Lugo.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

if your interested

The Secret Comics History of "The Losers"