Thread: johnnie to's vengeance

johnnie to's vengeance

so the new johnnie to film is coming out, his first international picture called vengeance, it looks amazing. if you guys liked taken your going to love this. this film is going to be screened at cannes and is up against tarrintino's inglorious basterds and ang lee's taking of woodstock. my film under the gun (a crime story)will be screening at cannes at the ifc booth and i was invited to go out but my schedule doesnt look like it will permit me. but after seeing this trailer im seriously considering it. check out this crazy trailer: vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    so the new johnnie to film is coming out, his first international picture called vengeance, it looks amazing. if you guys liked taken your going to love this. this film is going to be screened at cannes and is up against tarrintino's inglorious basterds and ang lee's taking of woodstock. my film under the gun (a crime story)will be screening at cannes at the ifc booth and i was invited to go out but my schedule doesnt look like it will permit me. but after seeing this trailer im seriously considering it. check out this crazy trailer: vengeance
    It's the first film of Johnnie To that the main character speaks English right?

Also I'm glad to hear and update to your Under the Gun!

Be sure to take pics and keep us updated on what's going on.

yea, thats if i can go. shooting a tv pilot that might not allow me the time to go.but if i do go im taking lots of pics.

Doug

If you go to Cannes, I'll be so friggin' jealous.

You'll have to blog some of it here, just to make me more jealous.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

nothing to be jealous over. the word just came down, my ass is staying in new york. im kinda disappointed cause i wanted to see all the films that are coming out there. there are so many in coppola got a film running in competition. so its gonna be a good festival.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    nothing to be jealous over. the word just came down, my ass is staying in new york. im kinda disappointed cause i wanted to see all the films that are coming out there. there are so many in coppola got a film running in competition. so its gonna be a good festival.
    That's too bad!

At least IFC is showing your Under the Gun movie. People will see it!

doug maverick,

Did you actually see Vengeance in its entirety?

mickey

no, its not even out anywhere yet. dont know how i would be able to see it.

Ok,

Then how do you know that we will like this flick better than "Taken"?

mickey

did you read my post? i said if you liked taken you will like this. didnt say anything about better.

Hi,

I did read your post. You wrote that if we "liked" Taken we would "love" Vengeance. That alone suggests that it is a better movie. That is why I asked whether you had seen the movie.

mickey

well that wasnt my intent. actually i was comparing it to taken not saying it was better ill amend it just for you:

if you loved take you'll love this.
    satisfied??? think you were just really reading to uch into that. but ok my fault for using the wrong syntax.