Thread: Tai Ping from John Woo

Tai Ping from John Woo

I should note that Titanic was wildly popular in China. Chinese dig that kind of everlasting epic tragic romance. I even remember seeing Titanic posters in shops around Shaolin Temple...

John Woo to Film Chinese Sunken Titanic
    2009-03-13 11:01:36 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Tian Tian

Hong Kong filmmaker John Woo will join hands with China Film Group to shoot the tragic romance "Tai Ping Lun"(previously known as "1949") following his wartime epic, "Red Cliff".

Beijing Star Daily reports that director John Woo reached a partnership agreement with China Film Group Wednesday night, the Group's president, Han Sanping, revealed on Thursday.

This marks their second collaboration, following their first joint production of "Red Cliff", which is expected to bag about 100 million US dollars in total box office.

The new big-budget Chinese-language film begins at the end of World War II and is based on real events that took place during the final years of the Chinese Civil War, right up to the founding of the People's Republic of China in 1949.

The film, starring rising Taiwan star Chang Chen and Korean A-list actressSong Hye-kyo, centers on the love, life and death stories of three pairs of lovers. Song Hye-kyo is reportedly practicing hard to improve her Mandarin.

The screenplay was written by "Lust, Caution" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" screenwriter Wang Hui-ling.

According to documents, the overloaded cruise liner was bound for Taiwan from Chinese mainland. It sank on the voyage after colliding with a cargo ship on the night of Jan 27, 1949, resulting in deaths of about a thousand celebrities onboard.

The cruiser that sank on that fateful night is sometimes referred to as the Oriental Titanic.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

these *****es better be dual wielding pistols while fighting crazy japanese nazi icebergs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    these *****es better be dual wielding pistols while fighting crazy japanese nazi icebergs.
    dam dude i was gonna say the exact same ****ing thing, i kid you not the exact same ****ing thing.

hahaha

how about this. he better not go all ****ing ang lee on us and **** with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

nah this s john woo; this is the master of commercial meet art house. he'll make this film entertaining. if nothing else

Get ready for a slo-mo crash with slo-mo doves flying off and someone walking in slo-mo !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !