Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did We fix Global Warming?

Did We fix Global Warming?

We are finally having a real Chicago winter, like we have not had in 15 years or more!!

Could all the low emission standards for cars, catalytic converters, and restrictions on factory smoke stacks have finally solved the problem?

Is Global Warming over?

we had a huge dump of snow for our area. last time was 5 years ago, time before that was 10 or so. but used to be like this every year.

dunno about global warming. who knows.

maybe the planet is just going through cycles we dont understand.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Global Warming over? It's a scam, Al Gore is lying sack of s__t!!! Check out the Global Warming Myth.... on Google Video, etc.... The Global Warming myth is good for one thing, providing an excuse for introducing new taxes to the sheeple!
    Etiquette requires us to admire the human race.
    --Mark Twain

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    --Mark Twain

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant
    --Shaolinsky

--Mark Twain

--Mark Twain

--Shaolinsky

Then how do you explain SEVENTY DEGREES in Chicago, in JANUARY, last year?

Now we have normal winters again, like it never happened?

I think the very fact that Obama is the new president has fixed Global warming, and we are now saved!!

'Global warming' is an expression for quick recognition by idiots. The phenomena is 'climate change'. This means all kinds of adverse climate change, and mostly an increase in the parameters of extreme weather.

There are no beneficial changes: the few slightly good changes depending on where you are will be vastly swamped by the actions of people trying to keep the status quo of unsustainable trade and business practice (e.g. South Korea has just got a 99 year lease on approximately half of Madagascan farmland to grow monoculture non-native crops: corn for feeding S Korea and palm oil for bioethanol; using primarily imported South African labour) leading to further imbalances in natural order and world economics and ultimately more war over resource shortages.

Of course natural cycles are involved, and of course it's not all man-made. However, our complete ignoring of the intensity of the emergency and our inaction means that the tipping point is here, or will be very soon, and this recession (as yet mild compared to the complete collapse of the global financial framework hand in hand with the ecosystem to come) is the first sign of reality coming home to roost.

Firepalm: you keep believing random Youtube videos, and telling us we're crackpots and frauds! I prefer to believe the science, which I studied from a biological PoV i.e. no vested interests, just observing phenomena... and across the board, the ecosystem was collapsing then (ten years ago) and is even more so now.

On this board I know I'm wasting my time, because the real sheeple: the naysayers are rife. But I still prefer to listen to the scientists, rather than you nuts.

And a very Merry Christmas to you all!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by rd's alias - 1a View Post
    i think the very fact that obama is the new president has fixed global warming, and we are now saved!! :d
    roflmao
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Firepalm: you keep believing random Youtube videos, and telling us we're crackpots and frauds! I prefer to believe the science, which I studied from a biological PoV i.e. no vested interests, just observing phenomena... and across the board, the ecosystem was collapsing then (ten years ago) and is even more so now.
    !
    Science? The video includes footage from the BBC documentary 'Global Warming Myth' and the persons interviewed are in fact Scientists, watch the video. Once again Al Gore is a lying sack of s__t (oh and a party with a vested interest).
    --Mark Twain

--Mark Twain

--Shaolinsky

Quote Originally Posted by firepalm View Post
    Science? The video includes footage from the BBC documentary 'Global Warming Myth' and the persons interviewed are in fact Scientists, watch the video. Once again Al Gore is a lying sack of s__t (oh and a party with a vested interest).
    Do some ****ing research, sheeple! At least one of the scientists in that BBC piece has already complained officially to the BBC for misrepresentation: his interview was 40 minutes long and condensed to under two minutes saying the opposite of what he has concluded because of what the 'documentary' makers wanted to say!

That's the problem with the net: if you get all your info from edited 10-min compilations from edited snippets on Youtube, it's no wonder you're spouting uninformed bollocks.

I don't give a monkeys about Al Gore: there are huge bodies of science who have come to similar conclusions (and with worse and worse consequences for our continued survival). Plus, like I said I have researched the science myself and with countless peers with no (or at least few distinguishable) vested interests through experimental method and observation of natural phenomena with no direction as to what we should conclude.
    Last edited by Mr Punch; 12-23-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Do some ****ing research, sheeple! At least one of the scientists in that BBC piece has already complained officially to the BBC for misrepresentation: his interview was 40 minutes long and condensed to under two minutes saying the opposite of what he has concluded because of what the 'documentary' makers wanted to say!
    Versus how many Scientists that DON'T go along with the Global Warming Propaganda? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHW7KR33IQ
    --Mark Twain

--Mark Twain

--Shaolinsky

Since I also studied economics, perhaps you'd also like to analyse how the environmental lobbyists are making money off the 'propaganda' for us, or maybe just how the governments are making money from what 'new taxes'... and then perhaps balance it with a comparative study of how much money oil, chemical and medical multinationals for example spend on a) climate change research, b) PR (esp how much is spent on advisors to governments and other anti-climate change PR), c) taxes to major political parties.

Or you could just link another couple of edited ten-minute snippets of Youtube.

Thanks!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    'Global warming' is an expression for quick recognition by idiots. The phenomena is 'climate change'. This means all kinds of adverse climate change, and mostly an increase in the parameters of extreme weather.

There are no beneficial changes: the few slightly good changes depending on where you are will be vastly swamped by the actions of people trying to keep the status quo of unsustainable trade and business practice (e.g. South Korea has just got a 99 year lease on approximately half of Madagascan farmland to grow monoculture non-native crops: corn for feeding S Korea and palm oil for bioethanol; using primarily imported South African labour) leading to further imbalances in natural order and world economics and ultimately more war over resource shortages.

Of course natural cycles are involved, and of course it's not all man-made. However, our complete ignoring of the intensity of the emergency and our inaction means that the tipping point is here, or will be very soon, and this recession (as yet mild compared to the complete collapse of the global financial framework hand in hand with the ecosystem to come) is the first sign of reality coming home to roost.

On this board I know I'm wasting my time, because the real sheeple: the naysayers are rife. But I still prefer to listen to the scientists, rather than you nuts.

And a very Merry Christmas to you all!
    In Summary: People Suck!

the hubris of humans in thinking that this world will stay exactly the way it was at the start of the industrial revolution...also the start of a lot of recorded natural history (weather records, USGS data on river and ocean levels, etc) is soooo funnneee...ok, ya'll can't possibly know what my 4 year old psuedo adopted niece sounds like when she says that but it's hilarious, trust me...she already seems to have a knack for making people sound like idiots, i love it
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by firepalm View Post
    Global Warming over? It's a scam, Al Gore is lying sack of s__t!!! Check out the Global Warming Myth.... on Google Video, etc.... The Global Warming myth is good for one thing, providing an excuse for introducing new taxes to the sheeple!
    Not my choice of words, but I would agree. Global warming is a scare tactic being used to spread a meme in order to implement a huge carbon based tax collection system.

No buy in, no new taxes.

buy in = continued slavery.

happy christmas!

Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Not my choice of words, but I would agree. Global warming is a scare tactic being used to spread a meme in order to implement a huge carbon based tax collection system.

No buy in, no new taxes.

buy in = continued slavery.

happy christmas!

****, I actually sort of agree with a canadian

but, yea, NC is proposing a per mile tax on every vehicle...supposedly to supplement lost tax income due to less gas being purchased because more and more vehicles are getting better gas mileage...

...and you freaking liberals wonder why some of us want to buy guns...the biggest effing criminals of our time are ones we vote in to office...over and over again...doesn't matter what color stripes they are wearing...they are all the same...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Since I also studied economics, perhaps you'd also like to analyse how the environmental lobbyists are making money off the 'propaganda' for us, or maybe just how the governments are making money from what 'new taxes'... and then perhaps balance it with a comparative study of how much money oil, chemical and medical multinationals for example spend on a) climate change research, b) PR (esp how much is spent on advisors to governments and other anti-climate change PR), c) taxes to major political parties.

Or you could just link another couple of edited ten-minute snippets of Youtube.

Thanks!
    Oh, economics part time student... therefore that is supposedly validates all your statements or arguments in support of Global Warming? I link to youtube videos as a means for easy reference (which btw are not the homemade garden variety; BBC Global Warming Swindle, etc..).

Money from the GW propaganda? Carbon Taxes... Research Grants...

Hell even John Coleman, founder of The Weather Channel says Global Warming is the greatest scam in history!

Oh here's another 10 minute link take the time to look at another perspective (in oppostion to the Global Warming Propaganda) from the President of the Czech Republic interviewed by Glen Beck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WFDcZxT0s
    Last edited by firepalm; 12-24-2008 at 01:09 PM.
    --Mark Twain

--Mark Twain

--Shaolinsky