Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja Assassin

Ninja Assassin

Ninja Assassin Training/Stunts/Choreography Reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq1q2EjEiew

I thought we had another thread on this...

...I'll do a more extensive search later perhaps and then merge if I find one.

click for pic.
    First Ninja Assassin Poster Surfaces
    Raizo (Rain) is one of the deadliest assassins in the world. Taken from the streets as a child, he was transformed into a trained killer by the Ozunu Clan, a secret society whose very existence is considered a myth. But haunted by the merciless execution of his friend by the Clan, Raizo breaks free from them...and vanishes. Now he waits, preparing to exact his revenge. In Berlin, Europol agent Mika Coretti (Naomie Harris) has stumbled upon a money trail linking several political murders to an underground network of untraceable assassins from the Far East. Defying the orders of her superior, Ryan Maslow (Ben Miles), Mika digs into top secret agency files to learn the truth behind the murders. Her investigation makes her a target, and the Ozunu Clan sends a team of killers, led by the lethal Takeshi (Rick Yune), to silence her forever. Raizo saves Mika from her attackers, but he knows that the Clan will not rest until they are both eliminated. Now, entangled in a deadly game of cat and mouse through the streets of Europe, Raizo and Mika must trust one another if they hope to survive...and finally bring down the elusive Ozunu Clan.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Anyone at Comic-Con now?

I didn't realize this was the Wachowski Brothers. That changes a lot...
    Secret Screening Revealed! Warner Bros. is Showing NINJA ASSASSIN at Comic-Con
    by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub Posted:July 20th, 2009 at 9:16 am

When Warner Bros. announced their Comic-Con schedule, the first film I looked for was “Ninja Assassin”. After all, the film arrives in theaters November 25th, so it’s a perfect movie to promote at the convention. Also, as a big fan of “V for Vendetta” (which was the last pairing of the Wachowski Brothers and director James McTeigue), “Ninja Assassin” is on my must see list. So when it wasn’t on the list of films being promoted, I was a bit concerned.

But thanks to an extremely reliable source, I can report the reason they weren’t promoting the film during their panel is because they are showing the entire film at Comic-Con. And the best part for all of you, it’s open to the public! Want to know how to go, it’s after the jump:

According to my source, the screening day and time is still being determined. They told me they’re hearing Thursday night. But while the exact info is still being figured out, I can tell you how to get tickets for the free screening.

What you need to do is go to the Warner Brothers booth on Thursday as they’re going to be giving away a limited amount of tickets. Then you’ll need to get to the theater early as it’s going to be first come first served. Meaning, even if you get tickets at the booth, you’re going to want to be at the theater early as they’re giving away more tickets than seats. It’s how they make sure the theater is full.

If you’re a fan of the Wachowski Brothers and director James McTeigue, this is a great way to see the film for free and you’d be part of the first audience getting to see it.

As someone who knows how the movie studios do business, if they’re showing the film this early, it means Warner Bros. is extremely confident in the project.

Finally, if you’re going to be at Comic-Con Wednesday for preview night and want to go to a free screening, Warner Bros. is doing one for “Orphan” the same way. They’re giving away tickets at the WB booth when the convention opens and then it’s open seating at the theater. Since nothing goes on Wednesday night, this could be a great way to spend the evening.

If I get any more info about the screenings, I’ll post an update.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

MTV has the trailer

I hope this succeeds. We got a lot of ninja gear to sell.
    Jul 23 2009 8:59 AM EDT
    'Ninja Assassin' Starring RainWatch The Trailer Here!
    'I've been training for six months nonstop, everyday,' Rain says of preparing for his role.
    By Eric Ditzian

Like "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus," "Ninja Assassin" has got one of those glorious titles whose few words pretty much sum up the film's plot. That's not to say those names tell you everything you need to know. The disaster flick "Mega Shark" blew up into an Internet sensation when MTV News debuted the wacky, wonderfully campy trailer in May. And now "Assassin" — the high-intensity martial arts smackdown starring South Korean superstar Rain — is looking to do the same.

The trailer gives us a taste of the flying fists, spilled blood, thundering machine guns and gravity-defying combat that we'll see in full when the movie hits theaters in November. At last year's Comic-Con, we spoke with Rain — one of Asia's most well-known pop stars, who until now has maintained a relatively low profile in the U.S. — about the intense training he had to undergo to portray Raizo, a kidnapped child who is raised to be a professional killer but ends up seeking revenge against the clan that made him who he is.

"I learned a lot of techniques and expressions, martial arts," Rain said. "I've been training for six months nonstop, everyday. From the moment, I've been controlling my mind and my menu, with chicken breasts and vegetables — almost killed me. I'll never work out again!"

Director James McTeigue ("V for Vendetta") explained that for "Assassin" he wanted to get away from the suspension-wire-based fighting that has come to define so many contemporary martial arts films. Instead, in an attempt to ground the action in a realistic context, he invited experts from China and Japan, incorporating elements of parkour, kung fu, two-sword fighting and blade-and-chain combat.

Filmmakers are looking at "Assassin" as the beginning of a long-running franchise. "It's a big martial film," Rain said. "It's an international film. I think it's going to be huge."

However, McTeigue joked that since Rain worked so hard to prepare for the first film, he wants to make the sequel a romantic comedy.

"We might call it 'Ninja Lover!' " the director laughed.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I'm going to watch this.

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

dude what ever, that movie looks badass. im totally watching that.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Ninja Assasin Trailer

The new Ninja Assassin trailer dropped today.
    Ninja Assaassin

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I didn't realize this was the Wachowski Brothers. That changes a lot...

changes alot in a good or Bad way??

to me, they havnt really done anything good since Matrix and Animatrix.

the wachowski's are not the directors of this film, they are he producers, the director of this film is is james mctiegue who also directed V for vendetta.

Opening November 25th

Ninja Assassin official website.
    As if we ninjas need an official website.

The first review

By the way, did I mention our NINJA STAR web pic contest?
    Posted: Wed., Oct. 21, 2009, 4:30pm PT
    Ninja Assassin
    By ROB NELSON

A Warner Bros. release, presented in association with Legendary Pictures, Dark Castle Entertainment, of a Silver Pictures production, in association with Anarchos Prods. Produced by Joel Silver, Andy Wachowski, Larry Wachowski, Grant Hill. Executive producers, Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, Steve Richards. Directed by James McTeigue. Screenplay, Matthew Sand, J. Michael Straczynski, from a story by Sand.

Raizo - Rain
    Mika Coretti - Naomie Harris
    Ryan Maslow - Ben Miles
    Takeshi - Rick Yune
    Lord Ozunu - Sho Kosugi
    Europol Agent - Guido Foehrweisser
    Kingpin - Stephen Marcus
    Aleksei Sabatin - Wladimir Tarasjanz
    Tattoo Master - Randall Duk Kim
    Hollywood - Sung Kang

Seemingly made to capitalize on a dubious CG innovation -- namely, the slicing of bodies in half by ****zing five-pointed stars -- "Ninja Assassin" has little else to recommend it, not even laughs. Working again with the Wachowski brothers as producers, director James McTeigue delivers a lower-brow, somewhat livelier work than the team's "V for Vendetta." But unless the viewer is easily delighted by ultraviolence for its own sake, this thinly plotted movie about a young ninja's revenge against his cruel trainers will disappoint. Warner Bros.' Nov. 25 release should nonetheless prove effective as holiday-season counterprogramming, at least in the short term.

Korean pop star Rain conjures only a mild drizzle as Raizo, a limber bone-snapper trained from a young age by a secret society of child-abducting killer-for-hire ninjas. Early flashbacks reveal Raizo to have been taken in as an orphan by the Ozunu Clan, which he defies by running away in the wake of his sweetheart's murder by cold-blooded Lord Ozunu (Sho Kosugi).

The pic's present-day action, set in Berlin, revolves around Mika Coretti (Naomie Harris), a gorgeous Europol agent whose latenight sleuthing uncovers a financial connection between recent political assassinations and the Ozunu. Naturally, the agent herself is targeted for assassination, as chief Ozunu baddie Takeshi (Rick Yune) and his blade-tossing ninja comrades come West to forcibly halt the investigation. As if possessed of psychic powers, Raizo, hiding out in Europe, senses a chance to save a lovely lady where he had failed in the same task years before.

Eventually the film leads to a Europol-led shootout and a pair of unmemorably acrobatic duels between Raizo and his two archrivals -- "older brother" Takeshi and raspy-voiced "father" Ozunu.

Though "Ninja Assassin" is implausible on countless levels, Raizo's training to feel nothing at least gels with Rain's ability to emote nothing. Harris, a strong presence in Michael Mann's "Miami Vice" feature, acquits herself capably here, reacting believably to the incessant carnage around her.

Of course, the film's raison d'etre is precisely its blood-soaked combination of physical stunts and digital trickery, the latter favored to a fault. While not remotely on par with the Wachowskis' "bullet time" f/x in "The Matrix," the ridiculous torrent of flying blades and flayed flesh here does appear unique in technological terms, and certainly pushes the pic's R rating to its limits.

Indeed, such is the film's level of insinuated gore that the frustratingly dark texture of many fight-scene shots can perhaps be explained by a post-production bid to avoid an NC-17. Whatever the case, the shadowy action is too often incomprehensible, except in the general sense that heads, limbs and torsos are being severed in massive numbers.

If there's a sick joke to be had from this sort of human meat-carving, it isn't found by McTeigue and his key collaborators, including conventionally quick-cutting editors Gian Ganziano and Joseph Jett Sally.

Where the pic does excel is in its immersive sound design, as swords, chains and myriad other weapons seem to sail around the theater, at times helping to clarify the dimly lit action.

Camera (color/B&W, widescreen), Karl Walter Lindenlaub; editors, Gian Ganziano, Joseph Jett Sally; music, Ilan Eshkeri; production designer, Graham "Grace" Walker; supervising art director, Sebastian T. Krawinkel; set decorator, Peter Walpole; costume designer, Carlo Poggioli; sound (Dolby/DTS/SDDS), Ivan Sharrock; supervising sound editor, Eric Lindemann; visual effects supervisors, Chas Jarrett, Dan Glass, Jeppe N. Christensen, Bjorn Mayer, Matt McDonald, Christopher Townsend; special effects supervisor, Uli Nefzer; stunt coordinators, Chad Stahelski, Noon Orsatti; fight choreographers, Jon Valera, Peng Zhang; assistant director, Terry Needham; casting, Lucinda Syson. MPAA rating: R. Reviewed at Vancouver Film Festival (Special Presentations), Oct. 13, 2009. (Also in Fantastic Fest, Austin.) MPAA Rating: R. Running time: 99 MIN.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I'm looking forward to this

Mostly because it's rated R. If only it was a little earlier, we could have coattailed our NINJA STAR promo on this.

BTW, did you vote yet?

Rain's ninja role draws inspiration from Lee, Chan
    By YEWON KANG (AP) – 9 hours ago

SEOUL, South Korea — South Korean pop star Rain says he drew inspiration from fellow Asian stars who successfully crossed over to Hollywood when he prepared for his first leading role in an American film.

"I watched a lot of action films of Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan to create a different, unique character in the movie," the 27-year-old actor-singer said Monday at a press conference in his home country to promote "Ninja Assassin."

Jeong Ji-hoon, who goes by his stage name Rain, was first recognized in the region for his singing and slick dance moves. He first gained exposure in the West when Stephen Colbert parodied one of his music videos on his show, "The Colbert Report," in May 2007, which led to a second spoof — a "dance-off" with the U.S. comedian. He made his Hollywood debut alongside Emile Hirsch in Andy and Larry Wachowski's 2008 thriller "Speed Racer."

In "Ninja Assassin," Rain plays an orphan adopted and trained into a deadly assassin by the secret society Ozunu Clan, only to turn against it when he finds out that the group's leader executed his friend.

"Speed Racer" posted mediocre box office numbers and all eyes are on whether Rain can carry "Ninja Assassin," which will hit theaters on Nov. 25.

The South Korean star said for now, he's just glad if he can pave the way for more Asian faces in Hollywood.

"I hope the movie reaches the No. 1 at the box office, but regardless of the numbers, it will open doors for more opportunities in Hollywood not only for myself but for other Asian actors," he said.

"Ninja Assassin" director James McTeigue said in a press statement the Wachowski Brothers, best known for "The Matrix" trilogy, eagerly recommended Rain to him.

"The day that Rain did his first scene in 'Speed Racer,' the Wachowski brothers called me and said, 'This guy is unbelievable.' And we began to plan 'Ninja Assassin' immediately," McTeigue said. The Wachowski brothers produced "Ninja Assassin."

Rain was equally grateful to the Wachowskis, saying Monday meeting them was "one of the life-changing experiences in my life."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

kingpin?

is that the kingpin from marvel comics or just using the name also?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Must...post....here....

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

and some new images of the movie.