Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ichi the Killer

Ichi the Killer

Anyone seen this one yet?

Ichi the Killer is the epitome of comic book hero movies. Spiderman, X-men, the Hulk, Batman, Superman, they all miss the boat. Ichi is it. Very innovative filmmaking. Very edgy. It's brutally honest and I do mean brutally. This is not a film for everyone. It's ultraviolent and offensive. It makes Kill Bill look like Teletubbies, but no doubt, Tarantino will be ripping scenes out of this film for future projects. While Americans are waking up to Kill Bill, Japan is years ahead with Ichi.

Again, I do not recommend this movie for the squeemish at all. In fact, I'm not sure I even liked it. But there were some priceless moments, a lot of stuff I've never seen on film before, and I'm not sure that I'm happy that I've seen it now. But I will say the film surprised me several times, which is really uncommon in these days of tired formulaic plots.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I saw it, and it has to be the most violent, demented, and graphic movie I have ever seen.
    The torture scenes are just plain sadism to the finest (not being a sadist, but from a movie critque point of view).
    I still don't really grasp the pyschological aspects of the film, maybe because I'm not thet F**Ked up.
    I will say that this film is very creative, you can see that with every violent scene, style and creativity are top notch in this film. The story is not for the faint of heart.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Japanese movies are really interesting. They are light years ahead in the horror genre aswell. Just look at movies like Grudge (or Jue sumting as it's called in Japan), Dark Water, The Eye etc etc

Is there any trailers for Itchi?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

ttt
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

ichi

ichi trailer

I agree with SanSoo Student. Ichi is sick and perverse. But not as bad as the Sinful Dwarf or Cannibal Holocaust.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Question serious question:

why is japanese sub culture so perverse?

Exclamation

booooooomboooclaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat staar.

just watched the trailer... that was ... i don't even have the words for it.

I think I want it though.

Kristoffer have u seen The Grudge?
    I saw screen shots of it on ebay, and man does it look scary as crap, is it really that scary?

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

New link to the trailer that one doesn't work

http://www.the-associates.co.uk/imag...ithekiller.MPG

saw it. thought it was lame. the only thing cool about it was the violence. that kept me interested enough to see what he was gonna do next. i would only give it 1 star out of 4. nothing special. i wonder if the anime is as boring as the live action. there are way better takashi miike films out there.

Takashi Miike

Ichi was my first. Can you recommend his other works?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: ichi

Originally posted by GeneChing
    I agree with SanSoo Student. Ichi is sick and perverse. But not as bad as the Sinful Dwarf or Cannibal Holocaust.
    Grr, now you've got me kicking myself for not having watched that copy of Cannibal Holocaust I came across a few weeks ago.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Kristoffer have u seen The Grudge?
    No not yet, there's a movie festival going on here and I have tickets to The Grudge and The Grudge 2, about next week if I remember correctly. It looks scarier than The eye and that was pretty scary to me. I'm lookin forward to it

oh n the itchi trailer... looks like it's just gory. Hmmm..

i have it sitting on my floor at home.... i watched the first 10-15 minutes to see what i was getting myself into.... i decided to wait until after the King Of San Da so i can sit down with a few drinks and bugg out over it.......
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv