Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Vs. Smallville

Heroes Vs. Smallville

Smallville much better than Heroes. Heroes seems to be a superhero show for the geriatric crowd. God was it tedious!

Spam much worse than spam. Spam seems to be a spam show for the spam crowd. Spam, it spammed me up the spammer!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

move

Maybe this topic would be good in the media section but then again it is off topic...

But since this was brought up, I've always liked Smallville but never kept up with it past the third season or so. I have a lot of catching up to do.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

BAN HIM!!!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

As I watch Both ) I know, I know...) I can say that Heroes is far superiour in terms of story telling and acting.
    While I now watch Smallville just for the sheer curiosity of what they are going to come up next to STOP Clark from becoming Superman, it still pains me to see what they have done to the Superman Mythos.
    Heroes on the other hand, while they have crappy SF once in awhile, has a story line that at least is progressing.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Smallville has, at most, one more season in it after this one. Any more and they will be jumping a whole tank full of sharks. - Spoilers in background colour, if you don't care about spoilers highlight for examples - After all... Doomsday... that's all I gotta say about that... Doomsday.

As for Heroes, I have been disappointed with some of the things they have done this season - Spoilers in background colour, if you don't care about spoilers highlight for examples - Peter being stripped of his powers, evil future Claire, Mohinder turning into the fly...

Other things have not disappointed me, Parkman and Daphne, Hiro and Ando and Sylar have all provided continued entertainment.

Oh yes, and ban the spammer!
    Last edited by SimonM; 12-03-2008 at 08:08 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Smallville has, at most, one more season in it after this one. Any more and they will be jumping a whole tank full of sharks. After all... Doomsday... that's all I gotta say about that... Doomsday.

As for Heroes, I have been disappointed with some of the things they have done this season *spoliers you biotches !!!*

Oh yes, and ban the spammer!
    Please don't get me started on Doomsday, one only assumes that this storyline is the "pre true doomsday that kill Superman" storyline, of course, this is Smallville and they are doing their own thing.
    As for Heroes, the Mohinder thing is a tad silly, I agree, I know why they did the Peter thing, *spoil this MOFU !!! *

I don't like the Sylar merry-go -round, though it is cool to see.
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 12-03-2008 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    As for Heroes, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!...
    How many ****ing spoilers can you fit into a sentence for those of us who live in countries where Season 2's only just finished? Great. Spam, and now spoilers.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

My appologies MR. Punch. I will correct the problem for future readers.

Ok, fixed, only those who want spoilers will get them from my post now. Again, my appologies.
    Last edited by SimonM; 12-03-2008 at 08:09 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

LOL, don't worry, I'm just winding you up - it's only a friggin TV show!

EDIT: but nicely edited sir!

No problem. It's hardly the work of moments to edit a post.

Heavens knows I've done more editing for less reason.
    Simon McNeil

Now we just need s_r to edit his quotation of the spoilers.

And then move the entire thread over to the media forum.
    Simon McNeil

I got your spoilers right here !

since i dont watch tv per se, i watch heroes, cuz you can get it streamed off the net.

i remember watching part of the first season of smallville, and while it looks nice, it doesnt have much for me since its all superboy regurgitated, rycycled old ideas and what seems like grabbing at straws half the time.

remember the old tv show that was actually superman?

why did they go backwards?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.