Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cung Le's fighters in MMA

Cung Le's fighters in MMA

Elaina Maxwell vs. Meisha Tate, Jose Palacios vs. Bobby Stack

Anyone going? I was going to go to watch Elena and Jose (both from Cung's camp and both sanshou champs) but unfortunately something came up.

Elaina and Jose are on the undercard for the next Strikeforce event, Melendez vs. Thompson. Also fighting Josh Thomson vs Gilbert Melendez, Bobby Southworth vs Anthony Ruiz, Frank Trigg vs Cyborg Santos, Nam Phan vs Billy Evangelista, Luke Stewart vs. Shonie Carter and more. As always, fight card subject to change.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Design Sifu just heard Elaina on Hard Knock Radio.

He said they mentioned Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine in the interview. That's cool. It was a live stream so if it gets archived, we'll try link it up here.

Hard Knock Radio.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Awwww D.S....

They were mentioning IKF, not us. Elaina was named Inside Kung-Fu Competitor of the Year in 2005.

The interview with Elaina starts at 42.30 or so.

I'm rather bummed. I was invited to go to tonight's fight, especially after our previous work with Strikeforce and Cung, but I had a schedule conflict. That schedule conflict was canceled last night, so I could have gone, but now I'm way past my pass application deadline.

So I'll go to practice tonight instead. That's better for me personally anyway.

Anyone going to tonight's fight? We'd love a report.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

more on tonight

Melendez vs. Thompson should be a good match, but I confess, I'm most interested in our sanshou people.

Coker, Strikeforce ready for Melendez vs. Thomson
    by Ariel Helwani
    Updated: June 26, 2008, 3:09 PM EST

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker is one of the most respected men in mixed martial arts. In a short of amount time, Coker has developed Strikeforce into much more than just a local Bay Area promotion — he's turned it into one of the best run MMA organizations in the world. MMARated.com's Ariel Helwani spoke to Coker about this Friday's Gilbert Melendez vs. Josh Thomson lightweight title fight and what the future holds for his little promotion that could.

MMARated: This is the first time that Strikeforce will be running a show at the HP Pavilion without Cung Le on the card. As a result, have you noticed a lack of interest from the San Jose locals?

Scott Coker: Cung Le has his fan base and I think they are very loyal to Cung. Gilbert (Melendez) has his fan base and Josh (Thomson) has his fan base and then there is the MMA fan base that would like to come to probably every Strikeforce event, every UFC event, every WEC event. The difference I think is with Cung, he has developed a pretty strong fan base especially here in the Bay Area and he has gotten some good TV exposure. The last fight, you had Frank (Shamrock) and Cung together. You are talking about 25 years of martial arts fighting, if you add their current fighting records and how long they have been fighting. And so that fight was a big mega fight. So we are going to have mega fights and some quality fights that I believe is Gilbert Melendez, and Josh Thomson.

MMARated: As you mentioned, your last show in March headlined by Le vs. Shamrock was one of the best cards of the year. How can you possibly top that?

SC: Well, here is the thing, when you talk about Cung Le versus Frank Shamrock, that is like the Felix Trinidad or De La hoya versus Mayweather. Those were big, big mega fights and when I look at this fight (between) Gilbert and Josh, you look at that (Miguel) Cotto versus (Antonio) Margarita fight coming up, that might have an attraction to the hardcore audience, but that is a fight that no one would want to miss if you are a boxing fan and that's this fight.

Gilbert just in the last couple of years established his presence in the MMA world when he beat Clay Guida in '06, and then he went to Japan and beat (Tatsuya) Kawajiri and then he lost to (Mitsuhiro) Ishida and now he is on his way back after he beat Gabe Lemley. The same thing with Josh. Josh had his history with the UFC where he fought some great fights and he lost to Yves Edwards, then he had a lot of injury problems. But this fight if it was in Japan or anywhere in this country, it would be a very respectable match where their fighting styles are going to create a smashing event and smashing fight, in the sense that they know what to look for in the other guy.

MMARated: Kickboxing star Raymond Daniels is also making his debut Friday night and you have been billing him as "the next Cung Le." What should we expect from Daniels in MMA?

SC: Raymond Daniels is a very unique talent and I say that because I have been watching this guy since he was 15 years old fighting in Karate championship fights. He went on to become a semi-contact fighter. He did very well at that and then he went on to Chuck Norris's World Combat League and did very well at that. He kickboxed for me a couple of times, but I tell you the things that this guy can do in the ring are unbelievable.

And I think the difference between Cung and Raymond is that Raymond is going to go from having no fights in MMA to fighting Jeremiah Metcalf who's got twelve fights in MMA. I think he is going to be tested right away. This guy is dangerous, he could knock you out with either leg or either hand. How do you put him in there with a guy that has one fight or two fights? You just can't do it because someone is going to get hurt.

MMARated: Will he be competing in MMA full-time or still do both?

SC: That is really up to him. We did have an exclusive agreement (in MMA) but if Raymond came to me and said "I really want to do this thing for Mr. Norris," I would say "That's great, do it as well," because he had such a history over there with them and he is like the star of their league and I have a good relationship with the WCL.

MMARated: This has been a huge year from Strikeforce in terms of making your mark in the world in mixed martial arts on a mainstream level. Just recently, you landed a deal with NBC and the show has done amazing in what was consider a pretty poor time slot. Are you surprised with the kind of ratings the show is generating?

SC: I am surprised. I think the open of the show is probably the best of any MMA show I have ever seen. I think what happened, what we were betting on, and this was my gut feeling, is that my kid...he goes out on the weekend. He goes out with his friends, they go get something to eat, they come home and turn on the TV and that is what we are catching. We are catching that 18-to-34 guy that is going out, partying on the weekends. Coming home, turn the TV...It is unbelievable the 18-to-34 males we're delivering. We beat what is his name?

MMARated: Jimmy Kimmel?

SC: Yeah. We beat Jay Leno three days out of the week. We beat Carson Daly every day of the week. The 18-to-34 males that MMA as a whole, as an industry, are delivering (are) blowing away these TV executives.

MMARated: What are the current terms of the agreement between Strikeforce and NBC?

SC: It is a mixture of a lot different elements that we bring to the table, that they bring to the table. I can't really talk about what the contract says but it is a mixture of lot different elements that make up how we got to that place.

MMARated: Okay, but needless to say, it is a positive deal for you guys?

SC: Yes, absolutely.

MMARated: On the heels of EliteXC's debut on CBS, have there been any discussions about airing a live primetime event on NBC?

SC: Yes, there is an ongoing dialogue but I really cannot comment on it other than as far as there is dialogue. I really cannot get into the details of the deal, I am sure you understand.

MMARated: Understood. But are you confident a deal will be reached?

SC: I can tell you this, we have a powerful relationship with NBC. I think that they are very happy with what we are doing as far as the numbers we are delivering and I think that they are very happy with the deal and I think that this is going to be a matter of time before everybody, all the networks, will carry it. Believe me, we understand that there is window of opportunity here for us having the relationship with NBC and we are trying to take full advantage for that.

MMARated: Will Cung and Frank be once again facing each other next?

SC: No, I don't know. Frank and I will probably sit down after this event and then talk about timeframe, things like that. Cung, he is going to go do a movie pretty soon I think with Dennis Quaid. So, I don't think Frank is even going to be healthy enough to fight till next year.

MMARated: What has your experience been like working with Gary Shaw and EliteXC? I've heard that it wasn't all that rosy.

SC: You have to remember at the very beginning of that relationship — it started from a litigation so of course, everybody had their guard up. At the end of the day, it was a situation where I think both companies had their guards up going into the first fight and Gary has his way of doing things and we have our way of doing things and sometimes there was a difference of opinions but, believe me, I have a lot of respect for Gary. He has done some amazing things in the boxing world if you look at the boxing history. He did some good things for Showtime and I think he has done some good things for (EliteXC) too and so I have a lot of respect for the guy, but it is just a difference of opinion, different style of doing business and it is not to say whether he is right or I am right or he is wrong or I am wrong. It is just we had differences in opinion.

MMARated: Every male MMA fan wants to know: Will you be running another Strikeforce at the Playboy mansion show?

SC: Oh yes, we are going in September.

MMARated: Any dates set?

SC: Yes, it is going to be the weekend of the 19th and 20th.

MMARated: Do you know who will be on the card?

SC: No, but we are putting that together actually this week but I could tell you this: (Kazuo) Misaki will be fighting on that fight card. So that will be our coming out party with him and hopefully we will have the (visa) issues with Cyborg (Santos) put to rest and we will have him come out. We will (also) probably invite the winner of the Gilbert Melendez fight against Josh (Thomson) come to fight.

MMARated: At the last Playboy show, you announced the Babalu signing. When will he be making his debut for Strikeforce?

SC: He will be fighting on (the Playboy card) as well. That will be a great fight card and we are still working out the deal on what television distribution we are going to air it on. We will have some answers probably in the next two weeks.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

wahhh

hey, all I said was they mentioned "Kung Fu Magazine" on the radio. Last I checked IKF doesn't go around calling themselves Kung Fu Magazine.

At least on the internet where it counts . . .

Babalu's fighting for Affliction, kinda confused...

Cant believe I didn't notice Elaina, her opponent is really really cute, especially in the weigh-in picture.
    I couldn't find Jose's weigh-in photos.
    Hope they do well.
    Is it true that Cung's retiring?

Wonder what the future of Strikeforce is going to be- they closely aligned themselves with Showtime EliteXC, to the point of being confused with each other.
    It'd be interesting if some of these smaller orgs started teaming up to form some real competition for UFC (I'm thinking the 3 orgs mentioned in this post).
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Meisha

I couldn't find a good pic of Meisha. Where did you see that weigh-in pic?

Elaina & Jose poster
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

aaaaaaaaawwwwww

both sanshou fighters lost by unanimous decision.

Posted by MMAFighting.com 06/27/08—10:23 PM
    Lightweights: Bobby Stack (155) vs. Jose Palacios (155)

R1: Stack aggressively starts with punch combos. Palacios slows Stack with kicks. Palacios knocks Stack's mouth piece out with a right hook. To avoid Palacios' kicks, Stack shoots in only for Palacios to stuff it. Palacios throws a knee but Stack catches it and finishes the takedown. Stack punches inside Palacios' guard. Palacios tries a kimura. MMAFighting.com scores the round 10-9 for Palacios.

R2: Stack takes Palacios down ten seconds into the round. Palacios stands up, but Stack drops Palacios back down. Stack drops right hands inside Palacios' guard. Palacios reverses and Stack attempts an armbar. Palacios pulls his arm out. Palacio finishes the round inside Stack's halfguard. MMAFighting.com scores the round 10-9 for Stack.

R3: Stack takes Palacios down and works to take back control. Stack gains full mount instead. Stack works for the ground and pound while Palacios tries to shake Stack off. Palacios escapes by rolling back and ends up sitting on Stack's back. Stack moves into Palacios' guard. Stack gets right hands in before the end of the round. MMAFighting.com scores the round 10-9 for Stack.

Stack wins via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Featherweights: Elaina Maxwell (146) vs. Meisha Tate (145)

R1: Maxwell lands a kick and Tate clinches. Maxwell lands a knee before getting taken down. Maxwell looks like she wants a gogoplata but loses position. Maxwell tries to use the fence to escape from Tate's full mount. Tate goes for an armbar. Maxwell scissors Tate's head in defense. Tate removes her head and pulls back for the armbar. Maxwell is saved by the bell. Maxwell, who appeared to have tapped to the armbar, says something to the referee before walking to her corner (either denying it or admitting she tapped). MMAFighting.com scores the round 10-9 for Tate.

R2: Tate takes Maxwell down. Maxwell thinks about the gogoplata. Tate gains full mount. Maxwell gets a scissor lock and rolls out. Tate finishes the round in side control. MMAFighting.com scores the round 10-9 for Tate.

R3: Maxwell gets a kick in before Tate drops for the takedown. The referee separates them with less than 90 seconds left in the fight. Tate shoots for the takedown. Maxwell defends it and takes Tate's back. Maxwell has control of an arm but is unable to attempt a submission. MMAFighting.com scores the round 10-9 for Maxwell.

Tate wins via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Palacios is fighting again for Strikeforce tonight

The weigh-ins were just released. I didn't know that Palacios was on the card or I might have tried to make it. I was interested in seeing Mrs. Couture in action live.

Strikeforce “Destruction:” Weigh In Results
    November 21, 2008

San Jose, Calif. — Scott “Hands of Steel” Smith (13-5) weighed in at 185 ½ lbs. and his opponent, Terry Martin (18-5), tipped the scales at 186 lbs. one day before their meeting at Strikeforce “Destruction,” the mixed martial arts mega-event at San Jose’s HP Pavilion.

Strikeforce World Light Heavyweight (205 lb. limit) Champion Bobby Southworth (9-5) and his opponent, Renato “Babalu” Sobral (30-7), both registered in at 204 lbs. Knockout artists and opponents Duane “Bang” Ludwig (17-8) and Yves Edwards (34-14-1) weighed in at 163 lbs. and 164 lbs, respectively.

The following are the official fighter weights from today’s weigh-ins at Hotel DeAnza:

185 lb. limit:
    Scott “Hands of Steel” Smith – 185.5 lbs.
    Terry Martin – 186 lbs.

205 lb. limit:
    Bobby Southworth – 204 lbs.
    Renato “Babalu” Sobral – 204 lbs.

164 lb. limit:
    Duane “Bang” Ludwig – 163 lbs.
    Yves Edwards – 164 lbs.

133 lb. limit:
    Kim “Sugar Free” Couture – 132 lbs.
    Lina Kvokov – 133 lbs.

170 lb. limit:
    Joe “Diesel” Riggs – 170.5 lbs.
    Luke Stewart – 170.5 lbs.

135 lb. limit:
    Brad Royster – 134 lbs.
    Darren “Bone Crusher” Uyenoyama – 136 lbs.

185 lb. limit:
    Nik Theotikos – 185.5 lbs.
    Luke Rockhold – 185.5 lbs.

170 lb. limit:
    Zakary Bucia – 169 lbs.
    Adam Steele – 168 lbs.

145 lb. limit:
    Alvin Cacdac – 143 lbs.
    Jose Palacios – 145 lbs.

175 lb. limit:
    Lemont Davis – 173 lbs.
    Brian Schwartz – 175 lbs.

185 lb. limit:
    Josh Neal – 184 lbs.
    Kurt “Rhino” Osiander – 185 lbs.

155 lb. limit:
    Bobby Stack – 155 lbs.
    Cyrillo Padilha – 156 lbs.

185 lb. limit:
    Tony Johnson – 184 lbs.
    Eric Lawson – 185 lbs.

HP Pavilion doors will open at 5:30 p.m. for Strikeforce “Destruction” and the first preliminary bout will begin at 6 p.m. The main card will commence at 7:30 p.m.

The live HDNet telecast of Strikeforce “Destruction” will begin at 10 p.m. EST (7 p.m. PST).
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Speaking of Cung....when and who is his next fight against? Didnt notice anything on his website.

Couture wins, Palacios submits

I talked to Cung Le three weeks ago and he didn't have anything lined up except for films. He's got a big year ahead on the silver screen with Fighting, Tekken and Pandorum (plus another project in the works that I'm not sure I can disclose yet ). I think Cung's smart enough to move into films while this opportunity is open to him. It pays better and has much more longevity.

Southworth's cut costs S.C. fighter MMA title; Rockhold earns win
    Isaiah Guzman - MediaNews Correspondent
    Posted: 11/23/2008 01:35:35 AM PST

SAN JOSE -- Bobby Southworth was an aging mixed martial arts fighter before Friday night, but at least he was an aging fighter with a title.

Now that's gone.

Brazilian Renato "Babalu" Sobral took Southworth's Strikeforce light heavyweight belt before an announced crowd of 8,152 at HP Pavilion on Friday night. It came via an elbow that opened a gushing cut above Southworth's right eye and caused a ringside physician to stop their fight after one round.

"It's just unfortunate," said Southworth, a San Jose resident who grew up in Santa Cruz. "I thought I was winning the fight except for the cut."

With his 39th birthday three weeks away, Southworth 9-6, a late bloomer in MMA who has been criticized for being a boring fighter, knows he needs to get the title back in order to keep his career moving.

He's hoping for an immediate rematch.

"What's the point of fighting somebody below Sobral's status," he said. "My main concern is to get the belt back. When you lose on a cut you don't really feel like you've been beaten."

Southworth won the vacant title in 2006 against Vernon White. He entered Strikeforce after a somewhat notorious run as a mean guy on the reality show "The Ultimate Fighter." Southworth looked in shape for this fight, but never got a chance to test his endurance.

The 33-year-old Sobral 31-7 caught him with the elbow with 10
    Advertisement
    Click Here
    seconds remaining in the first round while the two were in a standing clinch against the cage. Sobral wasn't surprised or disappointed by the stoppage.

"When I threw the elbow I felt his blood on me," he said. "It hurt my elbow. When it hurts your elbow it probably hurt his face. I was happy they stopped the fight because I don't like to be covered by blood."

As for a rematch, Sobral said: "Any time, any place."

• Santa Cruz's Luke Rockhold, with perhaps the best surname on the card, improved to 3-1 when he tapped out San Francisco's Nick Theotikos 5-2 with 1:53 remaining in the first round.

Rockhold took Theotikos to his back, grounded and pounded for more than two minutes and, when Theotikos tried to make a move, found an opening for a rear naked choke.

• Kim Couture, wife of legendary MMA fighter Randy Couture, fared much better in the second fight of her career. She chased Lina Kvokov 0-2 around the ring and beat her until the referee stopped the fight with 1:44 remaining in the first round.

In her pro debut in June, Couture 1-1 had her jaw broken in a loss to Kim Rose. This time, Couture left Kvokov crying on the ground after landing 28 of 44 strikes.

Randy Couture, who lost his UFC heavyweight belt to Brock Lesnar last week, was in the cage after the fight.

Strikeforce “Destruction”: Cacdac Submits Palacios
    Posted by Selina "Dead" Wong on November 21st, 2008

After eight minutes of action Alvin Cacdac (4-4) submitted Jose Palacios (1-2) with a rear naked choke at Strikeforce: Destruction Friday night in San Jose.

Both fighters looked strong in round one. Palacios landed a left kick, then ate a high right kick from Cacdac. Palacios tripped Cacdac and was able to get side control. He attempted to get the full mount but Cacdac flipped him and landed in Palacios’s guard as the horn went.

The fight ended in round two, after Cacdac stood up out of Palacios’s attempted triangle. Palacios tried to throw Cacdac, but ended up with Cacdac in his guard. Palacios gave his back trying to escape and Cacdac took it, sinking a rear naked choke and forcing Palacios to tap at 3:10 of round two.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Good for Cung. I agree get out before you take too many shots to the dome but saying that I was and still hope to see him go big(ger) time on the MMA circut.

Strikeforce press release

Here's their official results
    Smith KO’s Martin, “Babalu” Takes Title At Strikeforce “Destruction”

SAN JOSE, CA?Scott Smith ((14-5) reinforced the meaning behind his nickname “Hands of Steel” by dropping fellow heavy-handed middleweight (185 lb. limit) Terry Martin (18-6) with a single overhand right only 24 seconds into the opening round of their showdown at Strikeforce “Destruction” at the HP Pavilion on Friday, November 21st. Renato “Babalu” Sobral (31-7) seized the Strikeforce world light heavyweight (205 lb. limit) championship from Bobby Southworth (9-6, 1 NC) after a deep cut around Southworth’s right eye forced a doctor stoppage in between rounds one and two.

Right out of the gates, the hard-hitting Martin came forwarded as expected and began looking to capitalize on the first opening he saw. As he moved forward to deliver, though, he was dealt the finishing blow that put him out on his stomach. Referee Herb Dean immediately signaled an end to the bout.

For Martin, the single shot defeat came only two months after he laid the same fate on Cory Devela at Strikeforce’s affair at the Playboy Mansion in Beverly Hills.

Entering his second title defense, Southworth, Strikeforce’s first-ever light heavyweight champion, appeared to be in phenomenal shape as he defended a takedown in the early seconds of the first round before tripping Sobral to the canvas and gaining side control.

Sobral was able to stand up and, soon after, referee “Big” John McCarthy separated the two fighters, threw a hard left elbow that opened the fatal gash around Southworth’s eye. The third man in charged ordered the cut to be looked at by the ringside physician, who allowed the fight to resume.

The defending champion secured a takedown before the end of the round, but his run was ended by the doctor’s orders.

Duane “Bang” Ludwig (18-8) deployed an intelligent gameplan against Yves Edwards (34-15-1) in their 164 lb. limit catch weight battle, wearing Edwards down in the second round with repeated punches to the body while the two were on their feet.

Edwards scored a takedown later in the second as well as in the third, but Ludwig defended well from the guard on each occasion.

In the third, Ludwig, a world Muay Thai champion, came out firing to the body again with a kick and a left hand. Edwards countered with a strong left kick to the ribs and followed up with a takedown attempt, but Ludwig stuffed his shot and put Edwards on his back.

From Edwards’ guard, Ludwig began tagging his opponent with punches and elbows before Edwards was able to stand. Edwards secured one more takedown before the final bell sounded and all three judges’ awarded the victory to Ludwig.

Kim “Sugar Free” Couture (1-1), wife of MMA legend Randy “The Natural” Couture, displayed marked improvement in her second career start, acting as the aggressor against novice Lina Kvokov (0-2).

Couture, who suffered a punishing defeat in her debut on June 20, 2008, came out of the gates firing left and right hands. Kvokov traded with her, but was overwhelmed by Couture’s knee strikes to the body while in the clinch. Couture pushed Kvokov out of the clinch and continued to bomb on her opponent, who turned her back in the middle of the storm, a move that prompted referee Jon Schorle to order a stoppage at the 1:44 mark of the first round.

Joe “Diesel” Riggs (29-10, 1 NC) made a strong statement in his return to the welterweight (170 lb. limit) division, stopping Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt, Luke Stewart (6-2), in the second stanza of their matchup.

Stewart, a San Francisco native, was able to secure a single leg takedown in the opening round after his first attempt at doing so was denied. Riggs applied a guillotine choke from guard position, but Stewart easily escaped. Stewart passed Riggs’ guard and moved to the north-south position and, then, to side control. Riggs turned the tables on Stewart, though, making his way to half-guard and, then, to mount before the close of the round.

In the second, it was Riggs who took down Stewart and landed in Stewart’s guard. A Riggs right hand connected and gave the 26-year-old the opportunity to open up on Stewart, who turned over to protect himself. Riggs continued to pour on the punches before referee McCarthy halted the action at the 2:05 mark of the round.

Twenty-four year old submission specialist Luke Rockhold (3-1) turned in an impressive Strikeforce debut, turning the tides on Nik Theotikos (5-2), who pulled guard and slapped on a guillotine choke from which Rockhold fought his way out of with a healthy offering of punches to the head and body.

Rockhold freed himself from Theotikos’ guard and initiated a scramble that caused Theotikos to give up his back. Rockhold sunk in a deep rear naked choke that forced Theotikos to tap at the 3:06 mark of the opening round.

Complete Strikeforce “Destruction” Results:

Zakary Bucia def. Adam Steele ? Submission (Guillotine Choke) at :35, Roundd 1

Alvin Cacdac def. Jose Palacios ? Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:10, RRound 2

Darren “Bone Crusher” Uyenoyama def. Brad Royster ? Unanimoous Decision, 3 Rounds (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Luke Rockhold def. Nik Theotikos ? Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:06,, Round 1

Joe “Diesel” Riggs def. Luke Stewart ? TKO (Punches) at 2:05, Round 2

Kim “Sugar Free” Couture def. Lina Kvokov ? TKO (Punchess) at 1:44, Round 1

Duane “Bang” Ludwig def. Yves Edwards ? Unanimous Decisionn, 3 Rounds (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Renato “Babalu” Sobral def. Bobby Southworth ? TKO (Doctor stoppage due to cut around Southworth’s eye) at 5:00, Round 1

Scott Smith def. Terry Martin ? KO (Punch) at :24, Round 1

Brian Schwartz def. Lemont Davis ? TKO (Punch) at 2:22, Round 3>

Kurt Osiander def. Josh Neal ? TKO (Punches) at 2:16, Round 1<

Eric Lawson def. Tony Johnson ? Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:28, Roound 1

Bobby Stack def. Cyrillo Padilha ? Unanimous Decision, 3 Rounds (30-27, 299-28, 29-28)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips