Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk

I enjoyed this movie a lot.
    IMO, it was much more enjoyable than Ang Lee's The Hulk. Apparently the producers must've thought so, too, as it seems they basically erased the first movie from the Marvel movie universe and started fresh. Ang Lee's movie was not a bad movie, but it did not have enough "Hulk smash!!" And the Abomination has long been my favorite Hulk nemesis. Edward Norton and Tim Roth did particularly well in their roles. This had more of the fun feel of the Hulk comics of the '70s.

***minor spoilers***

It was cool to see Rickson Gracie make a brief appearance in the film as Bruce Banner's jiu-jitsu teacher. Also nice were the nods to the original Hulk TV series, its stars, and to Stan Lee.

why do people

keep saying they erased the first part they didn't. as this film began where they last one ended with bruce in south america. i liked the film however i think that it was to much action and the script wasn't really rememberable nor the dialogue.

Just came back from seeing this and I thought it was awesome. Blows away Ang Lee's poor effort for miles.
    The Hulk looked better. More cut and intense. Good acting and I thought the script was miles better than the Ang Lee joint.

Once again now that Marvel has more control, they prove to make better films like Iron Man and now this one.

I say bring on Cap and Thor next.

Oh yeah the Gracie cameo was cool. But why did they bill him as an Aikido instructor in the credits??

There were alot of inside jokes like Lou Ferrigno, the purple pants, and the piano score that was in the TV show.

Fun stuff!

Severed ties.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    keep saying they erased the first part they didn't. as this film began where they last one ended with bruce in south america. i liked the film however i think that it was to much action and the script wasn't really rememberable nor the dialogue.
    The new film is considered a "reboot" apparently since it makes no clear references to the first film. Edward Norton re-wrote the script to create a "new" origin.

But this new film should not be compared to the first, in that both were different visions. Ang is very visionary and and has a good eye for artistic visuals. I actually liked his version. It was the first time we had seen the Hulk on the big screen since the ending of the tv show. Very dramatic, with good special effects. Eric Bana's Banner was similar to Bixby's (especially in looks), there were the cool comic cut scenes on the screen AND of course it had the the always beautiful Jennifer Connelly in the lead female role. My one gripe...it was way too long. Other than that, I think it can remain as a standalone hit.

2008's Hulk is a different beast altogether. Remade to fit in elements of the comic and the tv series, seems like a fan service. But it came out good in my opinion. Edward Norton is a phenomenal actor but his Banner was a little bit awkward in the beginning. I think that after I got used to him being in the role, the movie flowed beautifully. Great action scenes, Tim Roth's role as the villain seemed to fit very well (i'm used to seeing him in comedies). Then, his "other" role offered a great climax to the movie. Liv Tyler's acting in this movie was a bit underwhelming in my opinion. Her greatest scene was in NYC (you all know what I mean if you saw it). But she is still hot (I wonder if she could rescind The Strangers?). The scientific aspects were interesting, however unrealistic they were.

Gracie's cameo was cool. Fitting for Bruce's initial location as the movie started. I liked the homage to the old school tv series. As banditshaw and Jimbo already mentioned, it was interesting that they fit in Stan Lee and Lou Ferrigno again. Wasn't Lou a security guard in the first one as well? I barely understood him in this one though (not referring to his role but his spoken portion).

I wish I could talk about the plot more but it is much too soon for that. I may see this one again.

Tony Stark's entrance in the movie just tells me that there is something big on the horizon. Downey Jr. plays a freakin' good Tony Stark! With Iron Man already established as a hit and the revelations in that movie and then in this one, I am excited to see what will be in store for us. This movie is one big prelude to something big....and I think we all know what that will be.

I know Dougie's probably got some inside info regarding this....

Take care everyone.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

yeah i read ity didnt have anything to do with the first one, but it foes start where the last one ended.

what i liked is how the abomination guy jsut got a minor shot at first and was "DUH DUH DUH" equivalent to captain america!!!! **** was hot. and the dr samson reference, and the birth of the leader!!!

oh man nerd juice all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Suepr-soldier...wasn't that directly referencing Captain America?

Also, there was a lighting sequence where a familiar character supposedly made an appearance. Can anyone confirm this?

I may have to watch this again (which wouldn't be a bad thing at all).
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

This movie was great, better than Iron Man IMO.

FYI, the Marvel movie plan is this. 2009(I think) Thor. 2010 Iron Man 2. 2011 "The First Avenger: Captain America" and later that year the Avengers.

I'm looking forward to seeing those other films coming up. Plus, both Iron Man and Hulk made references to S.H.I.E.L.D. I heard somewhere that Samuel Jackson was to play Nick Fury, though I don't think SHIELD will have its own film. It will probably be playing a part in the upcoming Marvel films. Personally, I don't know if Samuel Jackson fits the part of Nick Fury; for some odd reason, in today's movie world, I'd more imagine someone like, say, Tom Beringer in the role.

If the Hulk has another sequel, I wouldn't mind his next onscreen opponent to be the Wendigo. The film did end with him hiding out in Canada (though admittedly in western Canada; the Wendigo was in eastern Canada). Though the Wendigo seems best known as the character Hulk was fighting when the Wolverine made his first-ever appearance, he would bring his own unique angle to the Hulk saga, adding a supernatural element to it.

Thanks and Ultmate Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    This movie was great, better than Iron Man IMO.

FYI, the Marvel movie plan is this. 2009(I think) Thor. 2010 Iron Man 2. 2011 "The First Avenger: Captain America" and later that year the Avengers.
    Thank you for that info. Wow, by the time all this comes out...we're all gonna be really OLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing those other films coming up. Plus, both Iron Man and Hulk made references to S.H.I.E.L.D. I heard somewhere that Samuel Jackson was to play Nick Fury, though I don't think SHIELD will have its own film. It will probably be playing a part in the upcoming Marvel films. Personally, I don't know if Samuel Jackson fits the part of Nick Fury; for some odd reason, in today's movie world, I'd more imagine someone like, say, Tom Beringer in the role.

If the Hulk has another sequel, I wouldn't mind his next onscreen opponent to be the Wendigo. The film did end with him hiding out in Canada (though admittedly in western Canada; the Wendigo was in eastern Canada). Though the Wendigo seems best known as the character Hulk was fighting when the Wolverine made his first-ever appearance, he would bring his own unique angle to the Hulk saga, adding a supernatural element to it.
    Samuel L. Jackson did play Nick Fury. It was after the end credits for Iron Man that he mentioned his "Avenger Initiative" to Tony Stark.

Yeah, i was thinking someone like Tom...or maybe Michael Douglas or Martin Sheen (too old?). But the point that we are both trying to get at is that we always knew Nick Fury to be a caucasian. I'm just gonna say it...white. But it seems they used the Ultimate Nick Fury version, which was very much based on Mr. Samuel Jackson. I was confused at first myself.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

. . .

There are no words.

Going to see tomorrow. Watched a cam version today of a pricate screening. Want to see more! Hulk! Smash!

(also, Big Lou did the voice of the Hulk, in addition to his role)
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    Thank you for that info. Wow, by the time all this comes out...we're all gonna be really OLD!

Samuel L. Jackson did play Nick Fury. It was after the end credits for Iron Man that he mentioned his "Avenger Initiative" to Tony Stark.

Yeah, i was thinking someone like Tom...or maybe Michael Douglas or Martin Sheen (too old?). But the point that we are both trying to get at is that we always knew Nick Fury to be a caucasian. I'm just gonna say it...white. But it seems they used the Ultimate Nick Fury version, which was very much based on Mr. Samuel Jackson. I was confused at first myself.
    Oops! I didn't stay through the whole end credits for Iron Man (arrgh!). Looks like with these new Marvel movies, we need to really stay put throughout. I noted that a few people started leaving this last Hulk movie after he beat Abomination, probably trying to get a jump on the crowd leaving. But they missed the cameo of Tony Stark!

I mainly read comics (mostly all Marvel) from the late '60s into the very early '80s, so a lot of the odd character changes/variations are totally unfamiliar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post

the reason sam jackson was asked to play fury, was because in the ultimate marvel universe nick fury not only is black but his apearance is based off of jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    the reason sam jackson was asked to play fury, was because in the ultimate marvel universe nick fury not only is black but his apearance is based off of jackson.
    Nice to see you again Dougie. Umm...I think I had already mentioned that in a previous post (the one that you quoted)...

In any case, Samuel Jackson's charisma will be an asset to the character. I believe they had asked his permission to use his likeness. Should be good.

I know you got info on this one Doug. Zenshiite gave a rudimentary rundown...but you can fill in the details.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

well do to the up coming actors strike. marvel as an independant company is about to step its game up. so you might not have to wait to 2011 to see the avengers you might see it in 010.

The weird thing is... they're doing like Ultimate Nick Fury and maybe a little bit of Ultimates treatment, but from what I understand Thor is definitely going to be the Asgardian Thor... not the possibily Asgardian, possibily just a nutball left wing activist who thinks he's the Asgardian thunder god, Ultimate Thor.