Thread: Mel-Gar Leopard Kung Fu? Cites for Article

Mel-Gar Leopard Kung Fu? Cites for Article

Dear Kung Fu Magazine Staff:

I posted this question in Southern Kung Fu thread but no one could come up with any leads. I was wondering if any of the magazine staff could give me some background information (location of school, history of style) on . . .

Grandmaster Chi-Chung Kwong who is a teacher of Lung Fu Ying Pai (Dragon Tiger Eagle system?).

Jason William McNeil. The author of the article, the type and amount of training he has?

I have included my orginal post to the southern kung fu thread as a reference.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Regards,
    Steve

Mel-Gar Leopard Kung Fu?

In the most current issue of Inside Kung Fu there was an article about a rare southern style of kung fu called Mel Gar. This style was supposedly a leopard kung fu style that is no longer practiced by itself.

It is taught by Grandmaster Chi-Chung Kwong who is a teacher of Lung Fu Ying Pai (Dragon Tiger Eagle system?).

This article was written by Jason William McNeil. This person is a freelance writer and have yet to find out the type and amount of training he has?

I have searched on the web and found nothing about Grandmaster Chi-Chung Kwong and Lung Fu Ying Pai (Dragon Tiger Eagle system).

I was wondering if anyone has found any information about this system or about Jason William McNeil's background?

Regards,

Steve

You're asking me about an IKF article?

I take no responsibility for anything published in IKF.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

MY HUMBLEST APOLOGIES: Re Mel-Gar

I am truly sorry. I addressed this question to the publishers of the wrong magazine.
    Please accept my sincere apologies.
    Regards,
    Steve

apology accepted!

It happens all the time. All Chinese look alike, you know.

If you forward your question to IKF, and if they answer it, please report back here and let us know what they say.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart