Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

the clone wars

just got back from seeing it.
    very average i'm sorry to say, although i do believe that there are die hards who will disagree.
    vts
    [disclaimer- i am about to be rude, antagonistic & terribly offensive- but i love ya's all]

it's ok... I saw the first one (Episode IV) 17 or 18 times as a kid. I' not looking for earthshattering stuff, just a continuation of the story & good action. I've got tickets for 1000 am tomorrow & 1000 pm tomorrow night.

Natalie Portman is a plus, but you know...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

VTS - How dare you you basstard!!! Just kiddin ya! Any movie that comes out, whether cult flick or what is going to get some negative reaction. I just read an interview with Lucas who said that he knows its impossile to please all the people all of the time, very cool. He says the most important thing is not numbers for opening weekend (He chose to only open the movie in digital capable theaters which will kill his numbers) but to tell a story on the big screen.
    I for one look forward to it big time! I get to see it tonight.

Thumbs down

Here's what's in the movie: light saber fights, a chase, starships, a princess and funny looking aliens.

Yep, you've seen it all before. Don't waste your time again.
    K. Mark Hoover

are the fights even somewhat better than TPM… I'm not gonna go see it until the crowds die down… so I guess maybe in 2 weeks…

Hi fellow Jedi and Sith Lords

Wow !!! I had also just watched the midnite premier of Episode 2...... The film rocks and kicks butt, especially the finale. Nope, I am not gonna give out any spoilers. But it was really nice to contemplate the belly button of Padme Amidala aka Natalie Portman in that stylish white outfit with bare midriff...She looks so sexy and beautiful in the movie. I'll rate the movie 4 out of 5 stars, as for Natalie, she'll get 5 out of 5 stars.....

I am willing to bet 10 bucks that the old Boba Fett toys and stuff would almost immediately see an increase in price, due to Jango and Boba. Think I will also start picking up my katana and practice a few fancy moves from the movie....

All in all, an excellent movie, with overwhelmingly superior graphics and action than Episode 1.. the battle scenes are incredible.......though the dry dialogue, static / boring camera angles and bland / muted background music in the first half of the movie may force some of you Jedi to defect to the Dark side of the Force and join Darth Sidious as apprentices ............. I have already defected. Nevertheless, kudos to Master Jedi George Lucas for a wonderful film.

The Dark Side of the Force is always with us...

Darth Thomas
    15th generation disciple / apprentice of Darth Sidious
    Sith Lord Academy

" It is your Destiny....."
    Darth Sidious / Emperor Palpatine

Budokan - isnt that what made the movies great?!

Seriously though, I think people just dont get it sometimes. The problem was when the original A New Hope Came out it was an effects blockbuster and it was new, fresh. The 2nd movie was awesome it had a little of everything! Now people are expecting to be wowed like when they were little but we get an overdose of special effects now, so no big surprises there.
    Personally I am just a fan of the picture Lucas has painted, its a wonderfully rich universe with movies, books, tv shows and cartoons. an interesting escape from my real life sometimes. I didnt get into martial arts when I was younger because of Bruce Lee, I got in because I wanted somehow to become a Jedi Knight, rescue the princess' and fight the bad guy in a battle to the death! thats why I enjoy the hell out of the movies now! what Budokan says just about sums it up, nothing real new about it but this is what started it all! This is where all that stuff came from! In hollywood anyway, two movies came out that year that set a yardstick by which movies like them are measured, Star Wars and science fiction and Alien and scifi horror.
    I say go, be a kid again and enjoy it for what it is, a trip into a fantasy world that has a lot of depth, like a good painting......

Originally posted by Budokan
    Here's what's in the movie: light saber fights, a chase, starships, a princess and funny looking aliens.

Yep, you've seen it all before. Don't waste your time again.
    Yep, yep, nope(she's a senator now, queen last one, daughter becomes a princess), yep

Exactly... we've seen it all before, what more do you need?
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

defect?!?!?

what do you mean defect.... it's all about vader and the dark side
    one of the best villains of all time

The frightening thing is if you ask young kids, say 5-8 ish, who their fave character was, many many of them will say jar jar binks.

The horror of this character to us will be the joy of the next generation of kung fu web geeks.

In 20 years time we will all be reading essays on the genious of Jar Jar and Ep 1.

I'm going to go see it this weekend. Can't wait.

Episode I was alright to be honest, eventhough quite many disagree and when it first came out I didn't like it either, so. At least Episode II hasn't been hyped as much as EP1.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

"At least Episode II hasn't been hyped as much as EP1." --Sho

What f*cking cave did you just crawl out of...?

K. Mark Hoover

Budokan,

It is certain that EP2 hasn't been hyped as much as EP1. Really! I mean, it has been hyped but not as much as Phantom Menace.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

Just got back from Episode II...

I hated Phantom Menace...*hated* it. And wasn't crazy about the last 1/3 of Jedi, either.

I don't want to spoil anyone's experience, but let me just say that after some initial hesitation, I *loved* Episode II. Some beautiful photography, some redemption of some of the bad stuff from Phantom, some GREAT action scenes, and a whole crapload of GOOD SCREENWRITING, plot-wise. Dialogue-wise...well, I'll let you make up your own mind, but man, oh, man, this was a well-structured movie and WAY better than the last one.

Finally, a good installment to the Star Wars franchise...

--
    Rev. Tim

Best Movie I saw today.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com