Thread: opinions?

opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlB4E...&feature=bz302

i am curious to know what you all think about this video. i am not sure if i think its selling out or if its just good publicity and business to do this. i know ken shamrock did something similar and caught flack for it and lost a lot of respect but money is money and fans are fans. hmmm, of course it could be a result of cro cop's declining career or it could just be a publicity stunt since his japanese fan base is so huge.

It's pretty normal over there, and not considered selling out at all. Off the top of my head I know Don Frye, Dave Beneteau, and Brian Johnston did it too. I think Oleg Taktarov, Bob Sapp, and Mark Coleman have too. Ken Shamrock also worked at least one match over there vs Bart Vale.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    When fans determine your money you go where you are sent. He performs and at least entertains. Respect a person for working perhaps, some-such, one might say.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

He should,ve kicked the guy in the pink polka-dot outfit directly in the face.
    1 Sam. 16:7

I got a good laugh from it when SR posted it on the other thread...
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Japan is quite unique when it comes to "performance art".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    its just good publicity and business to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    When fans determine your money you go where you are sent. He performs and at least entertains. Respect a person for working perhaps, some-such, one might say.
    The above two quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake77 View Post
    He should,ve kicked the guy in the pink polka-dot outfit directly in the face.
    That's no guy! I'm pretty sure that's the female wrestler who used to go by the name of Asia Kong. Glad she's managed to develop such a stage persona she can now fight under her name as opposed to some ****ty racial stereotype if that's the case.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan