Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball

Dragonball

Stephan Chow caught my eye here.

Fox takes "Dragon Ball" to the big screen
    Written by Tatiana Siegel
    Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Twentieth Century Fox is bringing the Japanese manga phenomenon "Dragonball" to the bigscreen.

Justin Chatwin will star as Goku, a powerful warrior who protects the Earth from an endless stream of rogues bent on dominating the universe and controlling the mystical objects from which the film takes its name. James Marsters is onboard as the film's villain Piccolo.

Actor-director-writer Stephen Chow ("Kung Fu Hustle") is producing. "Final Destination" helmer James Wong will direct from a script he penned. Ben Ramsey wrote an earlier draft.

Story is based on Akira Toriyama's popular manga that has spawned graphic novels, a long-running TV series and more than 25 videogames, which have sold more than 10 million units since May 2002. The Jump Comics division of Tokyo-based Shueisha published the "Dragonball" manga.

With shooting scheduled to begin later this month, Fox will bow the sci-fi/adventure worldwide Aug. 15. Chatwin has already begun training with 87Eleven, the stunt performance company behind the action sequences in "The Matrix," "The Bourne Supremacy," "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and "300."

Chatwin's credits include Steven Spielberg's "War of the Worlds."

Marsters is best known for his role as the evil vampire Spike on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel."

Wong was an executive producer-writer on "The X-Files," "Millennium" and "Space: Above and Beyond." He co-wrote and directed "Final Destination" and "Final Destination 3."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Talking

WOW....that's all I really have to say about this. Just wow.

oh man

when ill about this film i thought it wasn't gonna get made. they were look for good martial artist originally to play goku and piccolo. i don;t know how they are gonna do this film i remeber the old live action dragon ball and it was laughable but i will see this cause who knows this might be the next matrix. some good people on board behind the camera.

Looks interesting. I'm sure it'll be a lot better than the old live-action one maverick is talking about *Shudders*

If anyone can do it, Chow can. I think he may the only one who can capture Toriyama's humor. Hopefully the guys behind it can capture the light-heartedness of it too.

If this starts a trend, I hope a Ranma1/2 movie is next.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

I don't think Fox can pull off a dragonball live acton movie.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

don;t worry about who is the distributor cause thats what fox is the distributor. chow is going to pull this off and the director is a good the director the sytunt team is a good stunt team. this maybe a good film.

couldn't find the dragon ball thread so...

i just thought i'd post one of the earlier versions of the script might give us some insight as to what this thing is about.
    http://www.scribd.com/full/3282645?a...ywpot49hxy3e1b

japanese official trailer

ok so here the trailer for dragon ball:evolution which is what its called now, and i got to say as much as i wanted this film to be good the trailers and leaked footage indicate that it sucks big fat guerrila nuts.

We sure this is an official trailer and not a fan-hack job?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Does this mean we will now have the world's first 12-hour long movie? I for one will be very dissapointed if they do not have at least one 45 minute scene of Goku and Freeza staring at each other while grunting and twitching. They need to keep up with the spirit of the franchise

I heard Jason Alexander was going to lose 50 pounds and play Krillin.

Quote Originally Posted by golgo View Post
    Does I for one will be very dissapointed if they do not have at least one 45 minute scene of Goku and Freeza staring at each other while grunting and twitching. They need to keep up with the spirit of the franchise
    Thank you sir, this comment made my day.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    We sure this is an official trailer and not a fan-hack job?
    its the official japanese trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Thank you sir, this comment made my day.
    Glad I could be of service.

Speaking of theme songs...

I confess. I had no idea who Ayumi Hamasaki was until I checked out her website. Maybe this is marketed to a Japanese audience more than an American one, or they would have had Beyonce sing it.

Ayumi Hamasaki to sing theme song for Hollywood's 'Dragonball' film
    Wednesday 10th December, 10:02 AM JST
    TOKYO —

Ayumi Hamasaki, 30, will sing the theme song for Hollywood film “Dragonball Evolution” which is based on Japan’s popular manga “Dragonball” series. Hamasaki will release an original song, “Rule,” for the live-action version film which will be released in Japan on March 13. The release date for the song will be announced later.

Hamasaki will perform the song in Japanese and it will be used in every local version of the film in more than 60 countries. In an official comment, Hamasaki said, “I hope both old and new fans of ‘Dragonball’ throughout the world will enjoy the film.”
    I should change the title of this thread to add Evolutions...
    Dragonball Movie Renamed
    06 Dec 2008 by Jerry Friestad

The highly anticipated live action Dragonball film has been renamed Dragonball Evolution.

Rumours of this title have been floating around the web for the past week, Fox inadvertently confirmed this by registering the domain name DragonballEvolutionMovie.com, which now links to FoxMovies.com.

The title hardly makes sense considering the movie takes place when Goku meets Bulma and begins training with Master Roshi. Hardcore fans of the series recount that Goku didn’t face any large scale enemies with multiple phases or “evolutions” until later in the series. The evolution could possibly be Goku’s transformation under the full moon or the movie has a whole new plot line altogether.

The movie is still scheduled for 8 April, 2009 in the US and March 2009 in Japan. Unfortunately UK fans of the series may have to wait for the DVD release to experience the high octane “kamehameha” action.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

didnt they learn with forbidden kingdom

chow is cool and all, and im sure that white guy is...nice. but hes not goku. hes some dude
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.