Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cung Li vs. Frank Shamrock

Cung Li vs. Frank Shamrock

Earlier today MMANews.com spoke with Strikeforce Middleweight Cung Le and he confirmed that he will be fighting on the November 16th Strikeforce card at the HP Pavillion in San Jose, CA. Who his opponent will be has yet to be determined but Cung made mention of the fact that Frank Shamrock backed out of a possible match-up.

Read on at: http://www.mmanews.com/other/Cung-Le...sed-Fight.html

Who would you favor in that match up?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You do know that Shamrock fought Baroni with a torn ACL, right? Maybe he had surgery and needs to take time to heal and to rehab it.

Si Valley

Both being local, I'd enjoy seeing that fight.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Who would you favor in that match up?
    I would personally enjoy seeing Frank lose. I think hes kind of a prick.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I would personally enjoy seeing Frank lose. I think hes kind of a prick.
    To paraphrase Dana White, he's a retard.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

You do know that Shamrock fought Baroni with a torn ACL, right? Maybe he had surgery and needs to take time to heal and to rehab it.

Reply]
    Wouldn't that make him in the same category as Abel when he postponed a fight over his knee surgery?

is there anyone that likes shamrock? i have yet to hear a positive thing about the guy. thats a shame.

but that being said i became a fan of le from watching his fights on late night espn and i would like to see him fight some really tough competition in mma. i am still curious about his ground game. i am nto sure if he has shown much of it yet but i haven't seen it if he has.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Wouldn't that make him in the same category as Abel when he postponed a fight over his knee surgery?

No, and stop trying to make excuses for him. Frank still fought with the injury. And it appears he is gonna fix it after the Baroni fight, so he is not setting up fights he knows he can't make.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    is there anyone that likes shamrock? i have yet to hear a positive thing about the guy. thats a shame.

I met him at a BJJ tournament once. He was a class act. He gave us autographs and took a few pics with us. He is not one of those guys who declines to do that or demands money for doing it.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    I was never really all that impressed with Frank or his brother Ken Shamrock. They are both good but I wouldn't say they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I met him at a BJJ tournament once. He was a class act. He gave us autographs and took a few pics with us. He is not one of those guys who declines to do that or demands money for doing it.
    Ditto.

Ken I didn't like though when he wrestled with the WWF.
    Probably the roids that made him even more of an a-hole, but Frank always seemed nice and if Dana White doesn't like him, he must be great guy !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Remember, Ken never did roids. He did suspension. Like we're supposed to believe he never did steroids. Thats like saying Scott Steiner doesn't do steroids.....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Remember, Ken never did roids. He did suspension. Like we're supposed to believe he never did steroids. Thats like saying Scott Steiner doesn't do steroids.....lol.

Ken admitted to doing steroids in his early pro-wrestling days(before Pancrase). I know people who have trained with him, they say he is not any fun to be around, and that's putting it mildly.

Everyone should come clean about roids and such, heck everyone does it, marion Jones was caught (again?) last week or the week before that.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !