Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: survivor china

survivor china

i have never watched the show but doesnt anyone else here think it a little odd that they are choosing to attempt to "survive" in a country where more than a billion ppl already live? i mean seriously, shouldnt it be somewhere a little more obscure? or at least a little less populated.

unless they drop them in the middle of the gobi desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

they should have survivor brooklyn

and put them in the middle of marcy projects.lol

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    i have never watched the show but doesnt anyone else here think it a little odd that they are choosing to attempt to "survive" in a country where more than a billion ppl already live? i mean seriously, shouldnt it be somewhere a little more obscure? or at least a little less populated.
    You're kidding right? Then can do this show in just about any country in the world. All you have to do is put them somewhere that they have access to nothing and no one do to where you put them.

They could put them in Jamaica if they wanted. They could put them in the Mojave Desert (California), they could put them in the Highlands of Scotland. they could put them in Alaska. As long as they can't reach anyone and had challenges to test them with.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    and put them in the middle of marcy projects.lol
    What do you know of Marcy Projects?

alot considering my sister lives there

Thumbs up

PiGee won the award challange and got to choose two people to stay at the Shaolin Temple. She chose Eric and Denise. Denise was especially thrilled since she has studied martial arts (karate?) for 8 years. They watched the monks perform, were taught some moves with some youths, had a great dinner and stayed overnight in the temple. Denise was asked by one of the monks to perform a kata, not bad. No real fighting was shown....

Also, "the Immunity Challenge itself incorporated kung fu -- this time the kung fu throwing stars. Each person had three times to hit a target of three figures with different points awarded for certain areas of the target. The top three, or four as it turned into a four-way tie, had a sudden death showdown with the best of one toss of a star." (as described by article)
    Last edited by TaichiMantis; 11-30-2007 at 11:52 AM.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    PiGee won the award challange and got to choose two people to stay at the Shaolin Temple. She chose Eric and Denise. Denise was especially thrilled since she has studied martial arts (karate?) for 8 years. They watched the monks perform, were taught some moves with some youths, had a great dinner and stayed overnight in the temple. Denise was asked by one of the monks to perform a kata, not bad. No real fighting was shown....

Also, the Immunity Challenge itself incorporated kung fu -- this time the kung fu throwing stars. Each person had three times to hit a target of three figures with different points awarded for certain areas of the target. The top three, or four as it turned into a four-way tie, had a sudden death showdown with the best of one toss of a star.
    KUNG FU THROWING STARS?????????

that's what she said

Seriously?

They went to Shaolin? I wish I caught that episode. I watched about a minute of the show this season and surfed away quickly. Honestly, I've never been into Survivor. Truth be told, I'd rather watch reruns of Gilligan's Island.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Sorry, will go back an put that in quotes...is what they called them.

I always thought they were ninja stars
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    They went to Shaolin? I wish I caught that episode. I watched about a minute of the show this season and surfed away quickly. Honestly, I've never been into Survivor. Truth be told, I'd rather watch reruns of Gilligan's Island.

Here you go, it's in the first half.

i think its funny how the host tried to make the shaolin so mysterious. and said few people get to go there when its a virtual trap.

"few outsiders have ever been invited to stay" indeed!

Thanks for the link TaichiMantis - that was cool! I bet that iron head monk caught hell for getting cut in such a high profile demo.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

what made me laugh was when the Chinese girl said that you can't even pay for this and I'm thinking hmmm i got a couple of brochures that say quite the contrary